The RP Digest Needs You!

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Greetings, faithful RP fans! Have you ever missed a few days of your favorite RP and wished someone could catch you up? Ever wonder what was going on in other RPs? Well, we have! That's why we're launching RP Digest, a weekly summary of the action in our RP Forums -- but we need your help to do it.

We'd like you to keep us up to date on the past week's events in your RP. Here's how:

1. Email a summary of no more than 100 words to [email protected]. They can be in-character or OOC, however you like. Have fun with it!

2. Only one summary per RP, please! Talk amongst yourselves to decide who'll submit it.

3. Be sure to include the name of the RP and who's running it. A link to it would also be much appreciated. If we can't figure out what you're talking about, we can't run your summary!

4. Summaries must be received by Sunday evening, as they'll be assembled first thing Monday morning. If it's not in my inbox when I walk in Monday, it will not be included. No exceptions. I'll leave that up to you to decide how that affects you timezone-wise. Remember, this will be a weekly publication, so if you miss one week, you can always just include more info in your summary the following week.

We'd like to launch the very first RP Digest on August 3 (so the first summaries will be due on Sunday the 2nd), so that gives you some time to work out the details and ask any questions you may have. We're really excited about this, and hope you are, too!

What an excellent idea. Really, that could be extremely useful. Especially considering I'm going on holiday for two weeks tomorrow. It'll be great to check what I have missed.

Thank you Escapist!

Sounds like a good idea although would 100 words be enough for some of the more deep and involving RPs?

Could people advertise their RPs through this manner? I'd imagine that this will be stuck to the RP forum and so it'll probably get a lot of views. If people advertise their RP it might stop it from sinking through the cracks and generate some interest without the GM having to constantly bump it. I've heard some complaints that RPs are going down because of a lack of interest and maybe this will fix that? Also this might help people know about a RP being hosted in User Groups, especially when people get around to making their own groups.

Good stuff.

What a fantastic idea! This will greatly help people that have to go on vacation or just miss a few days. Great idea!

The RP Digest will actually be featured on the front page of The Escapist. :)

Susan Arendt:

How often will each RP get a summary? Because like Fire Deamon said, 100 words isn't much if an RP is moving like crazy and adds a lot of story in a short time.

I'd do it, but I am notoriously lazy...

This is actually a fantastic idea. I very much approve.

Shapsters:

Susan Arendt:

How often will each RP get a summary? Because like Fire Deamon said, 100 words isn't much if an RP is moving like crazy and adds a lot of story in a short time.

Like I said, the Digest will be coming out weekly, and everyone is invited to update their RP on a weekly basis. I think it would be great to be able to keep up with a storyline just by reading the Digest!

If we find that the word limit is too much of a restriction, I'll consider raising it, but for now, I'm going to keep it where it is. I'm quite sure that people would love to devote entire pages to talking about their RP, but we want to include as much as possible, and brief blurbs are the way to do that.

This is... like a dream. I'm so glad you people don't mind work. And that I don't mind work. Hahaha. I just got up. This is way too cool to wake up to. I'ma start planning right away.

As a side note... my RP is 55 pages long. Should I summarise what's happened so far, start at the beggining, or say the latest update? We've covered ALOT.

Sparrow Tag:
As a side note... my RP is 55 pages long. Should I summarise what's happened so far, start at the beggining, or say the latest update? We've covered ALOT.

It might be smart to just very briefly explain what happened so far on the first week, then just go on from there. I'm going to see if I can write the summary for one of the RP's I'm in, and that's what I plan to do. And, I say this because I've read small portions of Prototypes and thought it was good, but it was too long and fast moving for me to keep up with. This summary system should be quite helpful.

This sounds really cool. o_0

I don't need to read all those 60 pages on the most popular RPs now.

Susan Arendt:

Susan... I love you.

I'm not sure if 100 words will be enough - though I'm willing to be proven wrong. Other than that, all I can say is that it's an excellent idea. It's almost uncanny timing - I have had to bail out of two RP's because I'm going to India (in 18 days) and therefore won't be able to get to a computer often enough to put in the effort required. So with this god-send of a feature I can come back after a few days away from a computer, log in, and catch up with my favourite RP's without tracking trough half a dozen pages. This site just keeps getting better. Thanx.

P.s. Susan, I love your "Themiserables" avatar - it's possibly the best avatar I've seen in a while.

This really exciting as i only just got into RP's!What a stroke of luck!

This will be very useful for me as I'm going on quite a few holidays soon, so I can use this to catch up.

Yeah this sounds like a brilliant idea :) I have an RP myself, maybe i'll work up something for the Digest :) See how it works out. Brilliant, just brilliant ;>

Flying-Emu:

Susan Arendt:

Susan... I love you.

Hey, share her. ;)

^Mimi:

Flying-Emu:

Susan Arendt:

Susan... I love you.

Hey, share her. ;)

Sssssssssshe'ssssss mine, precioussssss.

I was ready to get excited and then I remembered just how slow QoH actually moves. Weekly updates? Not much point for me...

mshcherbatskaya:
I was ready to get excited and then I remembered just how slow QoH actually moves. Weekly updates? Not much point for me...

Monthly, perhaps?

Flying-Emu:

mshcherbatskaya:

Monthly, perhaps?

Quarterly?

mshcherbatskaya:

Flying-Emu:

mshcherbatskaya:

Monthly, perhaps?

Quarterly?

Sure, why not? I'm sure they won't mind, so long as everyone gets the juicy details on that novel-sized gold nugget.

Flying-Emu:
Sure, why not? I'm sure they won't mind, so long as everyone gets the juicy details on that novel-sized gold nugget.

I second this. Too busy with flesh-world stuff to read much right now, but I would totally read summaries. Besides, every post in it is far more than 100 words. One update in two weeks or something could totally work.

Susan Arendt:

Oh that is awesome! Yeah, I'm pretty excited about this.

How many RP's will be shown a week? Is there some sorta limit, first come first serve/only the best will be shown?
Or are you guys going to showcase every single RP submitted.

freebiewitz:
How many RP's will be shown a week? Is there some sorta limit, first come first serve/only the best will be shown?
Or are you guys going to showcase every single RP submitted.

Yeah same, I'm guessing from this responce there will be LOADS submitted *prepares own*

Well I've made mine, I'm just waiting for a reply from all the guys I RP with to get the green lights.

Flying-Emu:

mshcherbatskaya:

Flying-Emu:

mshcherbatskaya:

Monthly, perhaps?

Quarterly?

You mean people are still reading it?

This is an amazing idea I'm going to start writing my summary right after work today

This idea is most excellent, especially if you find yourself in multiple RPs and have to take a few days off!. Also, this is going to be published on the Escapist itself, it can't get any better than that. (Unless you start serving bacon with each edition!)

Skarin:
This idea is most excellent, especially if you find yourself in multiple RPs and have to take a few days off!. Also, this is going to be published on the Escapist itself, it can't get any better than that. (Unless you start serving bacon with each edition!)

Bacon, AND BADGES.

This...this is an excellent idea.

Question: would there be any way to include images in the summary?

mshcherbatskaya:

Flying-Emu:

mshcherbatskaya:

Flying-Emu:

mshcherbatskaya:

Monthly, perhaps?

Quarterly?

You mean people are still reading it?

I dunno about everyone else, but I catch up on it every two weeks or so.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked