The Center: A 1950's RP about Cults, Aliens, and the Center of the Earth(Started)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Arlight this is my very first RP, and I'm hoping it will be great.
NOTE: Although we have started, I will still accept new players. PM me if you are interested.

The Center
The year is 1956. The Cold War. Nuclear tests. Television. Elvis Presley. Times are good, communists are bad. Everything is as it should be is suburban America. Or is it? Lately, world leaders have noticed a shocking change in demographics: A new cult has arisen, called the Hollow Earth Cult. They work in secret. They sacrifice. They are fanatical. And no matter where they are, whether it is China, Russia, England, Africa, or good old fashion Red,White and Blue America, they all worship the same being: The Center

Now our story brings us to the small town of Greenburg. A peaceful town, the perfect picture of 50's life. Until the Hollow Earth Cult came into town. People have started going missing. Pets have been found dead. The residents are afraid, the police unwilling to stop them. But this is only the beginning.

In this RP you will play a concerned citizen of Greenburg. The main plot will center(no pun intended) around what happens to the citizens who tamper with the cults doings, eventualy leading to crazy adventures.

All and all, I look forward to having a fun time in this RP with you guys.

Time to let my inner religious zealot loose, and what better time then the fifties!

Just scream if its too weird, i wouldn't be surprised if it is.

Yes, that was misspelled on porpoise.

How'd I do?

Name: Edgar Daniels
Appearance: Has the appearance of a much younger man. Blue eyes. Thinning black. Has a bit of fat. Is around 160 pounds. 5'6". Most of his weight is fat, although he does have some muscle. He enjoys hunting, and owns a hunting knife and a shotgun for that purpose.
Bio: Was born in Greensburg in the late 1800s. His mother died in childbirth, leaving him with his abusive father. When he turned 18, he left home and began to go to a nearby college. When he returned home, he found work as a math teacher. One night though, he had been drinking, and returned to his childhood home, where he found his father. Wanting revenge, he beat his father mercilessly, and ended up killing him. Luckily, the crime was never thoroughly investigated. It has been thirty years since he killed his father, and he now lives with his wife, Cheryl, and children, James and Gabriel.

sounds cool! sign me up!
hey can my character be apart of a National Guard Unit Posted in the town? if not, what about a Militia?

Exictednuke:
Time to let my inner religious zealot loose, and what better time then the fifties!

Ok accepted.

steakheart:

Yes, that was misspelled on porpoise.

Accepted

pimppeter2:

How'd I do?

Sounds good, your in.

darkenergy134:
Name: Edgar Daniels
Appearance: Has the appearance of a much younger man. Blue eyes. Thinning black. Has a bit of fat. Is around 160 pounds. 5'6". Most of his weight is fat, although he does have some muscle. He enjoys hunting, and owns a hunting knife and a shotgun for that purpose.
Bio: Was born in Greensburg in the late 1800s. His mother died in childbirth, leaving him with his abusive father. When he turned 18, he left home and began to go to a nearby college. When he returned home, he found work as a math teacher. One night though, he had been drinking, and returned to his childhood home, where he found his father. Wanting revenge, he beat his father mercilessly, and ended up killing him. Luckily, the crime was never thoroughly investigated. It has been thirty years since he killed his father, and he now lives with his wife, Cheryl, and children, James and Gabriel.

Alright, your in

Jenkins:
sounds cool! sign me up!
hey can my character be apart of a National Guard Unit Posted in the town? if not, what about a Militia?

Your in

Fallout3Forever:

Alright.

Lothae:

Alright all these characters sound great(and armed to the teeth). Just to give you guys a idea of were I plan to take this, the cult should be the least of our issues. Also, should we start now, or wait a little longer?

I'm ready to go!

I'm ready!

Ready, I am!

Exictednuke:

I hate you. So much. I love being the preist!

I wonder if I can be the Chaplin?

Name: Jon Shannow

Occcupation: Chaplin

Appearance: Once powerfully built, his muscles have faded slowly, though he still possesses a lean, wiry strength. His hair is ginger-brown, but shot with the occasional grey, and his eye's are a pale blue. They are usually calm, but when he is stirred to anger, they fill with a cold hard fury.

Backround: When looking for a job, jon settled on the church because, at the time, it was relatively well paid, without much heavy lifting, and a a decent amount of respectf romt rhe comunity. Faith didn't really cone into it.
However, he slowly found himself converting to Christianity, but rather than the fire and brimstone approach of the young priest, Cyprus, he favours the slow, patient forgiving Christianity, though God help those who he decides have earned the Lords wrath.

I just realized that i based my characters appearance a lot on Alexander Anderson.

Billy woke with the sun in his eyes. He looked at his watch. "Half past ten?" He said to himself. "Too early to start a Saturday" he said to himself with a chuckle. He climbed out of bed and threw on his house coat.

Soon he was at the end of his driveway. He picked up the newspaper that was lieing there, and he waved to his neighbor. "Moring Jim" He said to him. "Morning Billy" he replied. Billy walkd back into the house and sat down at the kitchen table. "Here Max" he called. Nothing happenned. He whistled. Still no response. "Where is that dog?" He said to himself as he stood up and started searching around the house. No matter where he looked he couldn't find his dog. Finaly he walked into his backyard. What he saw horrified him. There was his dog, tied to the fence with what looked like barbed wire. The dog itself was covered in blood, all dripping from strange carvings in it's skin, the most prominent being what looked like a hollowed out circle. "What the hell?!?" Billy yelled, stepping away from the animal. He curled over and then threw up, then ran inside and called the police.

About twenty minutes later, he was back on his front lawn, shaken up by the horrific sight. The cops told him it looked like another cult killing, similar events had been happenning all around town. And each one showed shocking resemblence: The barbed wire, the hollowed out circle, all discovered on a Saturday morining. Billy thought about it for a minute, what it could mean. He then remembered noticing that a millionaire had moved into town about a month ago. He had bought a huge house on the edge of town. Nobody ever saw him, nobody ever talked to him, except on Friday nights, when a large congregation of people, mostly out of towners came over to his house. Billy had seen their cars in the driveway multiple times. They always were gone the following morning. His instincts as a detective told him that this couldn't just be coincidence, that they had to be related events. He decided it was time to investigate.

An hour later, Billy hung up his telephone. He had just called everyone in town who he trusted. He was semi-ashamed that the list was so small, but he decided to not worry about it. He had told them to meet him in his house the following Friday night, around four PM. They had all agreed. Just as he hung up the phone, an image of a massive eye flashed across his vision. They eye appearred to be staring directly at him, examineing him, sizing him up. It also appearred to be holding him in content. Then suddenly the image was gone, and Billy was lieing on the floor of his kitchen. What the hell was that?!?!? he thought to himself. He then heard a voice in his head that was not his own. It sounded dark, menacing, and somehow coming from beneath him.

"Do not mess with that which you cannot comprehend, human. The Hollow Earth Cult is only the beginning. Soon I shall rise up and cast down your race, and you will be powerless to stop me. The pathetic legacy of humanity shall be exstiguished. You can not stop me." The voice said to him, slow and methodicaly. And then it was gone. Billy stood up and waved his hand infront of his eyes. Everything seemed to be back to normal. But he was now frightenned.

The following Friday, Billy was sitting at his kitchen table. His watch read 3:50 pm. He loaded his revolver, and then tucked it into the holster under his suit. He patiently waiting for his guests to arrive.

Edgar returned home from work at 4 PM to find his family already sitting at the dining room table. "What's for dinner, dear?" Edgar said, hanging up his jacket in the process. He noticed that both of his children had very solemn expressions. "C'mon, boys. Smile for your dad." His wife stood up and walked towards him.

"We want to move to the city," she said. He looked at her in disbelief. "We've been in this town for long enough, and with my mother in the condition she is, I think that it's best to keep us by her side when..." she sniffed a little. "When the time comes."

"Well..." Edgar said, trailing off. "We don't have the money... or the time... I need to keep my job here." His wife looked at him with tears welling in her eyes. "Look, Cheryl, there's an assisted living home near here. Just make a few calls, and I'll get her sent down, so you can be with her." She hugged him.

"Thanks for doing this, Edgar." He returned the hug and smiled. For now, life was good.

Cyprus was at the towns church, conducting a sermon for the more conservative members of the town. A sea of of faces belonging to the elderly, right wing nut jobs, and the good god fearing citizens of greenburg. As he spoke the majority of the church attenders payed attention the rest were obviously not fully awake yet, heathens that were hell bound as he viewed them.

".....And to the dust we shall return, Amen." He finished with after a long half hour long sermon, his eyes focused down on his watch 3:59 pm

"My apologies everyone, I promised a friend of mine that I would help him at the moment, so mass shall be shorter then unusual." Cyprus said wearing a small but noticeable frown on his lips.

Billy sat in his kitchen, patiently awaiting the arrival of the others.

Daniel Withers was driving home from his job. He took a right turn on Briar Road, and pulled into the driveway of his home. The second he got out, his three-year-old son, Joseph, san up to him, smiling and laughing.

"Daddy! Daddy!"

"Hello, sonny! Where's mommy?"

"She's upstairs, getting ready for her conc... conche... concert." Daniel's wife was a member of the Greenburg Choir, and she had a concert that night. Daniel walked into the house, hanging his lab coat on the coat stand. He picked up the newspaper from the table, and began to read.

Startling developents have been made about the new cult, Hollow Earth. They seem to be engaged in a belief of an Earth that has no center, hence the name. "No duh," he said out loud. "They appear to use ritualistic sacrifices to spread their messsage, but luckily none so far have been reported in the area. This and mo-" "Bah, this is just redundant. How is it even 'startling'? We've heard it all before!"

"Heard what?"

Daniel looked up to see his wife, Marlene, combing her hair, wearing a dress and a sash with the words "Greensburg Women's Choir" stictched across it. "Nothing. Just something about that new cult, 'Hollow Earth.' It's a load of bullshit, if you ask me."

"Now, honey, don't use that language around Joseph. Clean Language is a very imprtant factor in a childs growth, you know. Radio Stenbaugh said so."

"That radio show? Why would you trust that?"

Marlene shook her head. "Because it's made by professionals in the field of child psychology."

"Okay, then. Trust the professionals. Not like a guy with a Phd in Physics would know anything," he said with a hint of friendly sarcasm in his voice. He sat down and put away his newpapaer, exchanging it for a good book. Cracking it open, he began to read.

Cyprus having finished his sermon and gotten dressed in his trench coat arrived at Billy's home. Such a young age for some one to have their own home, especially in such a nice town like this. Cyprus calmly walked over towards the young mans home and knocked on the door twice, patiently awaiting a response.

THE NEXT DAY! OR, CONSIDERING THAT MY PREVIOUS POST TOOK PLACE LAST EVENING, I SUPPOSE THAT THE PROPER THING TO SAY WOULD BE TODAY! BUT THEN AGAIN... OH, SCREW IT.

Daniel walked up to Mr. Smith's front door and knocked.

"Hello, Mr. Smith? Are you there? I heard that you wanted me to come here for a discussion about-" He noticed the trench coat-clad man standing next to him. "Oh, sorry. I've been feeling a bit verbose lately."

Exictednuke:

Norman got up at half past 7, as he did every morning, putting on his trademark white suit and slacks. Groggily shuffling to the bathroom (for he had been up working on his memoirs far too late the previous night), he took a quick shower and styled his hair before descending the steps of his large home for breakfast.

"Cheryl, is breakfast ready?" he shouted, calling for his maid. When she did not immediately appear he moved towards the kitchen, wondering if she was perhaps still asleep.

'Strange,' he thought, 'she hasn't missed a breakfast more than once in the five years I've employed her...'.

"Chery-" he cut off abruptly as he stepped into his kitchen. 'What in HELL happened here!?' he boggled, staring at his once pristine kitchen wall. Scrawled all over the walls were strange symbols, particularly a few hollowed out circles, drawn in what appeared to be blood.

"Yep, definitely blood..." he trailed off as he inspected the symbols, realizing why, perhaps, he did not have breakfast waiting for him this morning. He had heard and read enough to know that this was the work of the Hollow Earth cult.

"IF THOSE FUCKING CULTISTS THINK THEY CAN COME INTO MY HOUSE AND MESS WITH NORMAN FUCKING SHEER, THEY'VE GOT ANOTHER THING COMING!" he exploded as he ran back to his telephone, musing as to which of his former associates were still active. Just as he reached the phone it rang, however, and picking it up he heard the familiar voice of the town's self-appointed P.I. and his friend, Billy. Hearing that Billy's dog had been massacred only heightened his anger, and Norman agreed to storm over to his house for a discussion as to what to do with those "sick shits" as Norman put it.

'But first, I'm sure we could all use some extra firepower...' he thought as he lay down the receiver, already dialing the numbers of some old acquaintances in NY.

Cyprus scanned his eyes over the man who had approached him, a rather typical American for the most part. After a moments pause he recognized the man as Daniel Withers, having seen him at mass a few times before.

"Ah, good evening Daniel. How are the wife and kids?" Cyprus said with a grin as he laid his arm to his side.

Heather has left the auto store by her watch at about 3:45, she'd left the relaxed environment saying she had an errand to run. Her boss had told her to take as much time as she needed but to be sure to be at work on time tomorrow. She had agreed with a smile before setting off towards the suburbs. She hummed the tune to Heartbreak Hotel under her breath, the song fresh in her mind from hearing it on the radio, but her mind was far from carefree.
The phone call from Billy had been a surprise to say the least and the subject he wanted to discuss was even more of a surprise. She'd occasionally thought of the cultist reports and the incidents that had happened every once in a while but kept the thoughts to herself mostly.
She passed a few empty suburban lawns before reaching his house. She noticed the local priest and another man on his lawn, no doubt people he'd called too.

"They're doing fine, Father Young," he said. "So, why do you thiink these cultists would do this thing? I mean, it's scientifically impossible for the Earth to be hollow. But then again, science and religion are separated, right?" He noticed that he was rambling off. "Sorry again. Old habit of mine."

"What do i think about those cultists?" Cyprus said with a demented grin. "I think their a bunch of heathens that deserve nothing more then to face eternal damnation, burning in agony for all eternity. They deserve no better for doubting the Almighty father and son."

"But enough about the cultists, i spend to much time talking about their foolishness at church." Cyprus let a small chuckle as he wiped a tear of joy from his eye. "Oh, enough of my lectures. Anything interesting happen recently?"

Norman marched toward Billy Smith's house considerably calmer than he had been in his kitchen, for while those of his friends he had been able to reach were not able to spare him any manpower, they had had encounters of their own with the cult and had at least agreed to send him some weapons. Still, he didn't want to face up against such an insidious organization by himself, and so he was cheered up by the sight of the town priest, Cyprus, standing in front of Billy's door with an eyebrow-raising amount of guns strapped to his back.

'That man certainly knows how to handle himself' he thought as his eyes drifted to the other two figures by the door. He didn't know the girl, but identified the other man as Daniel Withers, the local braniac.

"Good morning" he shouted as he strolled up to the door, a disarming smile behind the handsome stubble on his face.

Edgar left his house around 7PM and drove up to Billy's house. He looked and noticed Cyprus. "Jesus," he thought. "That fucking religious nut's there..." Sighing, he parked the car and approached the priest. "Father Young! How've you been?"

"Ah, Edgar. I have been terrific lately thank you for asking." Cyprus said with a grin at he focused his eyes on the surprising amount of people coming to the house. "Looks like young Billy has invited the whole neighborhood, lets just hope his house is as spacious as it looks!"

Daniel leaned back and forth on his toes.

"Well, this is taking a while. You'd think that a private eye would be able to investigate the people knocking at his door."

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked