The Coliseum (A Fantasy RP)(Finished)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

In a large room that was illuminated by lanterns, a middle aged man was talking to ghosts. "Welcome." The man's voice was scratchy. "This will be your home and this is where you will die if your lucky. Few things before you can smash each to bloody bits. I'm the Quarter-Master. I look over the contestants who prefer weapons. The magic users should talk to the Battle-Witch next door." A few people started for the door on the far side of the room. "Next, I will supply you with any weapon and any armor for a reasonable price and jobs for free. Complete some jobs and show me that you will make an extraordinary combatant, then I might schedule you into arena fight. Win and you be rewarded; lose, go out in the most crowd pleasing way. Don't start a fight down here as it hard to clean the walls of this place. Don't fight me. You will lose horribly. Don't talk to me. I don't need friends." The Quarter-Master stopped talking, flashed a dark smile, and the group slowly dissolved.

In the next room over, the Battle-Witch, a women that at one time could be considered attractive, talked about similar things. "Hi, I'm the Battle-Witch. I will supply you with potions, spell tomes, orbs, and anything else magic related. For a price that I deem necessary. Jobs will be posted every so often. If you do enough jobs, do an important job, find something important, or finish a job exceedingly well, you get to fight in the arena. If you win, you'll get a little money. Lose, and you will probably be lethally burned, lose a couple limbs, and maybe become a head shorter. Oh, I almost forgot. Don't start a fight down here. It will get nasty quick with a single missed fireball. And don't try and fight me. There is a reason why I am number one magic fighter here." She had a sunny smile on her face as she stopped talking. The crowd around her thinned out.

Outside, the Coliseum looked like a large pot, ready to be filled with the broth and meat of the men and women willing to die for a sentence in history and small disks of metal.

==========================================================================================================

Campaign Setting: The five starting points are most of the known world in the year 500 After War. The world has no official name, no sense of exploration, no real intellectual development because of a constant stream of attacks by wild animals and roaming warlords wishing to take land to add their growing empires, shrinking the power and size of the Central Empire. After War comes from the dark period of the constant state of war know known as the Unification Wars. Due to many of the lack of formal training of the many militias that made up a substantial amount of the fighters, the Coliseum was built as a way to pick out the most notable fighters in the kingdom.

The Tides refers to the beaches west of The Center. It is warm in the spring and summer, and cool in the autumn and winter.
The Spires refers to the mountains north of The Center It is cold most of the year.
The Field refers to the prairies east of The Center. Weather varies greatly throughout the year.
The Forest refers to the grove south of The Center. Weather is generally pleasant.
The Center is a town that functions as the seat of the Empire. It has a topography of The Spires, The Field, and The Forest. It is the most temperate of the areas.
The Island is full of curious natives. Mostly a combative bunch, magic is rare. The occasion storm will stike the island.
There might be other locations.

All areas besides The Center has some form of a Wilderness. It is filled with exotic creatures, plants, and secrets. Not many people come back after going for a while.

The Town is the hub for four areas. This is where most people live. They are usually crowded. They are all connected to The Center. There's some justice, but there is corruption like every else. The Island is dotted with many different tribes.

The Arena is where the most popular entertainment is shown: legal murder. The gladiators live in what appears to be another town. They come from all walks of life: Criminals, ex-guards, civilian volunteers, prisoners of war, anyone. The local military might choose a high ranked gladiator for a chance to join the military and others are promoted to the Coliseum for a chance to become a regional symbol of power. The Empire might choose someone to serve in the Empire's army. The Island has no arena but has a Military option instead.

Jobs are coming soon.
An extra GM or two would be appreciated. I might be busy for a few days and I want to this to flow well.
The limit will be 12 players at one time, when one players dies, one person can take his place. Just don't count on people dropping like flies.

Accepted Characters
1. CounterAttack
2. Excitednuke
4. Multi-Kill
5. RagnorakTres
6. FeralPhantom
7. Quad08
8. jad4400
9. ThreeWords
10. Roker33
Co-GMs
1. Excitednuke
2. Multi-Kill
3. RagnorakTres

Could be keen.

Good enough? I added Personality to the character sheet to add a bit more to my character.
EDIT: Updated to add Appearance and Age similar to Exicted's character.

CounterAttack:
Could be keen.

Good enough? I added Personality to the character sheet to add a bit more to my character.

It's fine. :)

I added in an appearance, age and personality, i hope that's alright.

Question!

Would i be allowed to use the weapon i choose? Because im not really aware of what culture this RP is set to be in.

Exictednuke:
Question!

Would i be allowed to use the weapon i choose? Because im not really aware of what culture this RP is set to be in.

It's fine. You just ransacked the local museum for anything that looks painful. I also could care less what you choose as long as it isn't anything short of a missile.

I should add that you can have a weapon like an axe but prefer to use magic and vice versa. Ranged weapons like bows and crossbows would also fall in the weapon style. I would even accept characters that wield guns, but you would have to explain how it works.

Reserved a spot. Making sheet now!

DreamKing:
In a large room that was illuminated by lanterns, a middle aged man was talking to ghosts. "Welcome." The man's voice was scratchy. "This will be your home and this is where you will die if your lucky. Few things before you can smash each to bloody bits. I'm the Quarter-Master. I look over the contestants who prefer weapons. The magic users should talk to the Battle-Witch next door." A few people started for the door on the far side of the room. "Next, I will supply you with any weapon and any armor for a reasonable price and jobs for free. Complete some jobs and show me that you will make an extraordinary combatant, then I might schedule you into arena fight. Win and you be rewarded; lose, go out in the most crowd pleasing way. Don't start a fight down here as it hard to clean the walls of this place. Don't fight me. You will lose horribly. Don't talk to me. I don't need friends." The Quarter-Master stopped talking, flashed a dark smile, and the group slowly dissolved.

In the next room over, the Battle-Witch, a women that at one time could be considered attractive, talked about similar things. "Hi, I'm the Battle-Witch. I will supply you with potions, spell tomes, orbs, and anything else magic related. For a price that I deem necessary. Jobs will be posted every so often. If you do enough jobs, do an important job, find something important, or finish a job exceedingly well, you get to fight in the arena. If you win, you'll get a little money. Lose, and you will probably be lethally burned, lose a couple limbs, and maybe become a head shorter. Oh, I almost forgot. Don't start a fight down here. It will get nasty quick with a single missed fireball. And don't try and fight me. There is a reason why I am number one magic fighter here." She had a sunny smile on her face as she stopped talking. The crowd around her thinned out.

Outside, the Coliseum looked like a large pot, ready to be filled with the broth and meat of the men and women willing to die for a sentence in history and small disks of metal.

==========================================================================================================

Campaign Setting: The five starting points are most of the known world in the year 500 After War. The world has no official name, no sense of exploration, no real intellectual development because of a constant stream of attacks by wild animals and roaming warlords wishing to take land to add their growing empires, shrinking the power and size of the Central Empire. After War comes from the dark period of the constant state of war know known as the Unification Wars. Due to many of the lack of formal training of the many militias that made up a substantial amount of the fighters, the Coliseum was built as a way to pick out the most notable fighters in the kingdom.

The Tides refers to the beaches west of The Center. It is warm in the spring and summer, and cool in the autumn and winter.
The Spires refers to the mountains north of The Center It is cold most of the year.
The Field refers to the prairies east of The Center. Weather varies greatly throughout the year.
The Forest refers to the grove south of The Center. Weather is generally pleasant.
The Center is a town that functions as the seat of the Empire. It has a topography of The Spires, The Field, and The Forest. It is the most temperate of the areas.
There might be other locations.

All areas besides The Center has some form of a Wilderness. It is filled with exotic creatures, plants, and secrets. Not many people come back after going for a while.

The Town is the hub for four areas. This is where most people live. They are usually crowded. They are all connected to The Center. There's some justice, but there is corruption like every else.

The Arena is where the most popular entertainment is shown: legal murder. The gladiators live in what appears to be another town. They come from all walks of life: Criminals, ex-guards, civilian volunteers, prisoners of war, anyone. The local military might choose a high ranked gladiator for a chance to join the military and others are promoted to the Coliseum for a chance to become a regional symbol of power. The Empire might choose someone to serve in the Empire's army.

Jobs are coming soon.
An extra GM or two would be appreciated. I might be busy for a few days and I want to this to flow well.
The limit will be 12 players at one time, when one players dies, one person can take his place. Just don't count on people dropping like flies.

Accepted Characters
1. CounterAttack
2. Excitednuke

I think this would be better if the abilities a character had did'nt have to be magic in origin.

EDIT: Still, even if I cant have a walking cuban sterotype as a character, can I have a walking Hercules parody if I play this RP?

Multi-Kill:

DreamKing:
snip

I think this would be better if the abilities a character had did'nt have to be magic in origin.

They don't if you don't want to.

Name: Dagnereous

Fighting Style: Weapon

Weapon(if applicable): "Bone" A half steel half silver claymore.

Magic(if applicable): None

Description: Of medium height. Very Tan. Good Physical condition. A drinker. He wears a pair of loose black pants, no shirt, Rough boots, and his weapon holder

Personal History:ackground: He grew up working on his dads farm, and was taught how to fight by his older brother who wanted to be a knight one day. He was always the adventure seeker and womanizer. He joined a gang of crypt raiders and treasure hunters. However, the king keep guard tight during such hard times. Not very successful. Works as a guard for whomever is willing to pay. Has a couple higher class tenets, but doesn't make that much money. Despises the rich, works like a dog.

He worked hard all his life. Grew up on his fathers farm working day and night. Had very little education. His brother taught him how to fight. His brother dreamed of becoming a knight. Dagnereous dreamed that he would become rich without much work. When he grew old enough he left how and joined a group of crypt robbers. He quickly grew infamous for his will to kill and steal for money. However, he has been largely unsuccessful. He works as a guard for whoever wants to hire him. He despises the upperclasses, because he never had the opportunity to join them. He became even more spiteful when his brother died fighting for them in wars

DreamKing:

Multi-Kill:

DreamKing:
snip

No. I'm saying it would be better if they werent limited to magic or weapons. For example: I'd prefer to have a walking cuban steroetype with super human strength, agility, balance,, etc akin to captain america, but also with regenerative capabilties, and cigar breath.

Multi-Kill:

DreamKing:

Multi-Kill:

DreamKing:
snip

No. I'm saying it would be better if they werent limited to magic or weapons. For example: I'd prefer to have a walking cuban steroetype with super human strength, agility, balance,, etc akin to captain america, but also with regenerative capabilties, and cigar breath.

I did it that way to make everything a little more organized. Also, wwe may have fights were the Colisuem turns into a lethal light show of magic or a slaughter of weak and defenceless mages. I would like to see you use that character. It would lead to some wonderful role playing and some spectacular fights.

Fine. How about a mythical Monarch of a kingdom known as Greenwich who's the son of an Archmage, but instead of following the path of the Mage, he decided to follow the path of the warrior, studying and excelling in every martial art known to man, especially the art of using two katana's in combat, has amazing super human speed, and reflexes, can regenrate, and sometimes call upon dark magic and pychic abilities to aid him in his quest for glory by using the enchated lightly armored suit he wears.I think he shall be called The Monarch of Greenwich.

Multi-Kill:
Fine. How about a mythical Monarch of a kingdom known as Greenwich who's the son of an Archmage, but instead of following the path of the Mage, he decided to follow the path of the warrior, studying and excelling in every martial art known to man, especially the art of using two katana's in combat, has amazing super human speed, and reflexes, can regenrate, and sometimes call upon dark magic, and pychis abilities to aid him in his quest for glory?
I think he shall be called The Monarch of Greenwich.

This would work but could you tidy everything up? And as long as you don't become an unstoppable god, I'm fine with what ever you can with.

DreamKing:

Multi-Kill:
Fine. How about a mythical Monarch of a kingdom known as Greenwich who's the son of an Archmage, but instead of following the path of the Mage, he decided to follow the path of the warrior, studying and excelling in every martial art known to man, especially the art of using two katana's in combat, has amazing super human speed, and reflexes, can regenrate, and sometimes call upon dark magic, and pychis abilities to aid him in his quest for glory?

This would work but could you tidy everything up? And as long as you become an unstoppable god, I'm fine with what ever you can with.

He's not unstoppable or a god.

Multi-Kill:

DreamKing:

Multi-Kill:

This would work but could you tidy everything up? And as long as you become an unstoppable god, I'm fine with what ever you can with.

He's not unstoppable or a god.

Then............welcome to the Coliseum. Oh, where is Greenwich, by the way? :)

Reserved!

Multi better be making his character a "jack of all trades, master of nothing" if he's having every ability at his disposable otherwise were going to have a balance issue.

Name: Alexander Kahn

Fighting Style: Is exceptional in all forms of eastern and western martial arts, except for Kane fighting and wrestling. Prefers to wield dual katana's to fight his enemies.

Weapon(if applicable): Dual Katana's, Shurikens, his fists.

Magic(if applicable): Regenerative abilities and super human speed and reflexes..

Personal History: It was said when Alexander was born in the mountains of the Spires that the earth shook causing the avalanche that occured that year, the skies spewed out blizzard wind and lightning, and that all those inside his father's, Ardolus of Titania's castle, bowed down and began praying to their various gods and godess's. It was an epic birth for someone who would become a great conquerer, and leader of both men and creature, much to his father's later dismay, as he wished his first born son had followed the path of the mage like him, and not that of the warrior.

But even then, he still had obvious hints of magic in him, for he was able to regenerate, and move with incredible speed.

Since he was five years of age he adhered to the path of the warrior strictly, and without compromise. He traveled the known world, seeking and learning every fighting style from every master he could seek. He discovered he had quite the propenisty for fighting, for he always managed to learn each individual art within a weeks time, and master it within the month.

Gradually, his visits back to his fathers castle became less and less frequent, as he spent more and more time learning the many different ways of how to beat and kill people, instead of having his nose within the confines of a book, learning aracaic spells like his father wanted him to.

After reaching the age of sixteen, and now beginning to duel other princes for the right to their most prized possesions, and winning everytime he did, his father had enough. He demanded his son give up the way of the warrior, and give into the path of the mage, or face his fathers wrath.

Alexander, the cocky bastard he was, accepted his fathers challenge, and the two had a heated duel, which Ardolus, the mystic power house he was, won. His son, still not wanting to surrender, was spared, and instead was exiled, forbidden to set foot within the spires until he came to his senses, and also disowned until doing so, his original last name of "Arcanus" being replaced with "Kahn" as a sign of his brutish behavior towards his father.

And so, this is where Alexander's story begins. Wandering down the spires, looking for a cause, and if the gods were kind, somewhere where he could hone his skills, and fight.

Editing my character a bit, just to even the odds if i go against Multi.

I'm inclined to agree with Exicted. I might have to edit my character as well.

Name: Dagnereous

Weapon(if applicable): "Bone" A half steel half silver claymore.

Magic(if applicable): None

Description: Of medium height. Very Tan. Good Physical condition. A drinker. He wears a pair of loose black pants, no shirt, Rough boots, and his weapon holder

Personal History: He grew up working on his dads farm in The Fields, and was taught how to fight by his older brother who wanted to be a knight one day. He was always the adventure seeker and womanizer. He joined a gang of crypt raiders and treasure hunters. However, the king keep guard tight during such hard times. Not very successful. Works as a guard for whomever is willing to pay. Has a couple higher class tenets, but doesn't make that much money. Despises the rich, works like a dog.

He worked hard all his life. Grew up on his fathers farm working day and night. Had very little education. His brother taught him how to fight. His brother dreamed of becoming a knight. Dagnereous dreamed that he would become rich without much work. When he grew old enough he left how and joined a group of crypt robbers. He quickly grew infamous for his will to kill and steal for money. However, he has been largely unsuccessful. He works as a guard for whoever wants to hire him. He despises the upperclasses, because he never had the opportunity to join them. He became even more spiteful when his brother died fighting for them in wars

EDIT: You can Cross me out. I'm too busy to play an RP right now

CounterAttack:
I'm inclined to agree with Exicted. I might have to edit my character as well.

Dammit call me Nuke, either that or Ray.

God damn my love for fantasy settings.....

Name: Lawrence Hellmaw
Weapon: A sword breaker and a iron round shield, along with war hammer on his belt
Appearance: Shaven head with a dark blond 2 ft beard tied into a braid. Outside of battle he wears plain cloth clothing, and in battle gear wears iron gauntlets, greaves, and a cuirass with a blue insignia of wolf on the breastplate
Personality: At first glance Lawrence is just another arrogant tough guy who's more talk than action, but really hes just a dream filled kid at heart hoping for fame and fortune doing the one thing he was ever taught, how to kill
Personal History: Lawrence grew up in a town in the chilly mountains of The Spire. Since he was old enough to swing a stick, Lawrence was taught how to be a warrior. Taught to be ruthless in battle, Lawrence quickly excelled at his lessons and became a battle hardened soldier before he was twenty. After he was no longer required to serve, Lawrence headed out for The Center, but more notably The Arena.

Hmmmm.......an armored tank character, i request that i go up against Feral first.

I have a feeling I'm just going to be slaughtered by Multi-Kill but I'll give it my best...

Name: Vance

Appearance: Scruffy, short brown hair, dull gray eyes, well built. He has many scars across his body and face, criss crossing like a road map.

Weapon(s): Scythe

Magic/Abilities: No magic. Mental and physical resistance to magic (Still effects him but not as much as a normal person) Immune to pain.

Personal History: A lone wanderer searching for a cure. Vance has been searching for the perfect opponent to finally end his suffering. The son of a pair of evil mages, Vance was the subject of many their cruel experiments in which he gained an immunity to pain and a strong resistance against magical effects but at the price of many of his emotional feelings. His parents were killed and he was rescued once the authorities learned of the evil magics. Ever since, he has been looking for a cure to his afflictions or a swift death to end his shallow
life. He hails from the Forest and has journeyed into the Arena

Personality: Due to many of his strong emotional feelings being cut off, Vance might be described as the perfect soldier. He does what is needed, no more no less. He kills without thoughts of vengeance or glory, justice or evil, fame or fortune. He sets his mind to a goal and goes for it and very little can change his mind.

How does that look boss?

Sounds interesting. I'll try it out, in any case.

That work? Hope this goes down well!
EDIT: Nyurp! Forgot the starting place etc. It's in there now, in the Personal History bit. Sorry.

Updated: Raven now has a Frigid Aura that slows anyone nearby. Ice creatures are unaffected.

Quad08:
I have a feeling I'm just going to be slaughtered by Multi-Kill but I'll give it my best...

Name: Vance

Appearance: Scruffy, short brown hair, dull gray eyes, well built. He has many scars across his body and face, criss crossing like a road map.

Weapon(s): Scythe

Magic/Abilities: No magic. Mental and physical resistance to magic (Still effects him but not as much as a normal person) Immune to pain.

Personal History: A lone wanderer searching for a cure. Vance has been searching for the perfect opponent to finally end his suffering. The son of a pair of evil mages, Vance was the subject of many their cruel experiments in which he gained an immunity to pain and a strong resistance against magical effects but at the price of many of his emotional feelings. His parents were killed and he was rescued once the authorities learned of the evil magics. Ever since, he has been looking for a cure to his afflictions or a swift death to end his shallow
life. He hails from the Forest and has journeyed into the Arena

Personality: Due to many of his strong emotional feelings being cut off, Vance might be described as the perfect soldier. He does what is needed, no more no less. He kills without thoughts of vengeance or glory, justice or evil, fame or fortune. He sets his mind to a goal and goes for it and very little can change his mind.

How does that look boss?

No not worry. Kahn, despite his name is more of the show off and humiliator type, not the killing type.

On a more plot related note, can Kahn and Lawrence start off together in the spires?

Name: Character's: Shavan Milosk

Weapon (if applicable): Dual one handed battle Axes

Magic (if applicable): None

Description: A large man at 6'6, he has a huge muscle mass and shot brown hair. He wears a
light chainmail amour that covers his chest and his upper legs. The rest of his body is painted in the pattern of blue war paint that has decorative curves and spirals.

Personal History: Shavan was born in the Forest. His entire family worked in the lumber trade and he quickly grew up to be a large man with a huge muscle mass because of the hours spent cutting down trees. He enjoyed the simple life of working in the Forest and had no desire to leave. Sadly, one day a roving warlord came to his region of the forest and began to slaughter all those in him and his army's path. Shavan's family was one of the casualties and in a fit of rage he took his ax and killed all the soldiers responsible for their murders. The intruders into his land were frightened off, but Shavan was left with an undying rage that he could never sate. He began to wander around, unsure of what to do with his anger, until he met and old veteran from the Forest. He recognized that Shavan had a rare gift with his anger and began to train him as a Berserker.

After several years of training Shavan's trainer told him to go the Arena to practice his art and become an even greater warrior. (It's kind of cliched I know).

Personality: Shavan has a perpetual anger simmering within him, but he is normally outgoing and kind, but in battle he is merciless

Multi-Kill:
On a more plot related note, can Kahn and Lawrence start off together in the spires?

Sure. why not? :)

Is there a certain time we're all going to 'get together' to play this or just whenever we're on?

DreamKing:

Multi-Kill:

Sure. why not? :)

Sweet. If only FeralPhantom was on...

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked