Masquerade: An Episodic Anime-Style RP - Episode 9

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

Masquerade: Conspiracy and Theory.

The mechanic of an in-game journal will be used in this RP, I will keep a constant record of things going on and add tid-bits of information that help you all close the gaps in your mind. Always remember to come back to it, it'll be constantly updated and it is absolutely VITAL that you read entries as they come up. I will notify you of a new entry, but be sure to read them all.

Now, for your characters, remember, this is an anime-styled RP, but there won't be any 50ft jumps or 5 inch thick swords, well, at least not for you guys. You can be as stereotypical as you want, but you need to keep in mind that your characters can come from all over the world. Just do what suits you. Try to put some deep thought into your character.

Well, that just about puts the icing on the cake. This will not run on a first come first serve basis, I'm going to be accepting the most competent and coherent character sheets, along with a few loyal players too. Also, note that I am only looking for 6 players for now. I don't want to be disrupted by wavering post consistency, so if you want to join, make sure you don't have anything on your schedule that will pin you down for a while. That will be all folks. I am looking forward to seeing you all.

Any changes needed, let me know

Quad08:

Any changes needed, let me know

You're in. No changes necessary.

Just as a little notification to anyone else, I will be playing a member of Masquerade, but we can discuss this in more detail when we have our participants.

Hope I'll make it.

SamuelT:

Hope I'll make it.

Samuel, you don't even have to ask for a place. You're in.

StarStruckStrumpets:

SamuelT:

Hope I'll make it.

Hurrah and huzzah!

I went another direction than I normally do with my sheets. I hope it isn't too vague.

SamuelT:

StarStruckStrumpets:

SamuelT:

Hope I'll make it.

Hurrah and huzzah!

I went another direction than I normally do with my sheets. I hope it isn't too vague.

It is fine, everyone is going to develope along with each other during the course of the RP.

StarStruckStrumpets:

There's nothing wrong with bumping occasionally... Doing it excessively, after only a few minutes, that's silly.No, this isn't a cleverly disguised bump post.

Mookie_Magnus:

We have a winner. Good to have you aboard sir, it shall be an honour.

StarStruckStrumpets:

Mookie_Magnus:

We have a winner. Good to have you aboard sir, it shall be an honour.

My character is such jailbait... I'm gonna have fun in this one.

*malicious smile*

Mookie_Magnus:

*malicious smile*

Yes well...whatever floats your boat, right?

Quad08:

Mookie_Magnus:

*malicious smile*

Is that what he meant? Oh God. XD

Only need 3 others. Let us hope they come forward soon.

Quad08:

Mookie_Magnus:

*malicious smile*

StarStruckStrumpets:

Quad08:

Mookie_Magnus:

*malicious smile*

Is that what he meant? Oh God. XD

Only need 3 others. Let us hope they come forward soon.

You guys are perverts... Shame...

@Mookie_Magnus: I was only reflecting on what he said! Now I feel so judged...

Mookie_Magnus:

You guys are perverts... Shame...

Haha duly noted good sir

StarStruckStrumpets:
@Mookie_Magnus: I was only reflecting on what he said! Now I feel so judged...

BAH! You're as guilty as I am! Don't deny it >:D

Going off now, hopefully there will be more people on the RP when I come back tomorrow.

Mookie_Magnus:

And now I have to nitpick.

It's illegal for a child under the age of ten to join a 'high school' in the Netherlands. Emotional strength and such. And university doesn't normally accept pepole under sixteen years old, unless you donate a wing or something. Still, it's the future, so it's plausible.

Well SSS, you sure are having trouble getting people interested... I have too many RP's at the moment but let an old friend bump the thread for you ;)

Shapsters:
Well SSS, you sure are having trouble getting people interested... I have too many RP's at the moment but let an old friend bump the thread for you ;)

Much appreciated my man.

Okay, that does it. If we don't get the final players by the end of today, I'll write up the opening post friday afternoon. Be there.

I shall.

[Bump..]

This is a note to all participants

Sounds good boss. This is my first time in this style of RP so if I screw up, patience would be appericated

Quad08:
Sounds good boss. This is my first time in this style of RP so if I screw up, patience would be appericated

Not an issue, do not worry. This is a trial for me too. We can mess up together!

Masquerade: Episode One - In Plain Sight

Roland Markoviach walked into Sage's room. A white expanse, a depiction of the void, if you can even perceive nothingness. Sage sat in his business chair, operating in a circular motion, spending around 10 seconds on one of the 12 keyboards he had around him. 12 monitors, stacked oddly on metal rails, a circular wall of technology surrounding him. Roland pressed heavily against the wooden cross spread along his shoulders, letting gravity cast it to the floor. He tried to straighten his back, but could barely break past a slouch. He moved a curly strand of hair from across his eyes, then spoke in a soothing, but rough voice. It carried across the room, bouncingly off of the seemingly non-existant walls. Sage's head flowed with the ambient piano music, Chopin to be precise. The hammering of keys and the bleeps of computer-software blocked out all surrounding noise, but the tremulous utterances of Roland Markoviach broke through anything, as was his nature.

"You summoned me my lord? Surely you must require my service, else we would all be gathered as usual in the common-room."

Sage stopped spiralling on his chair. He listened closely to Roland, then kicked off of the rails to get as close to Roland as possible. Sage abruptly pressed a single key with his finger, Chopin's work being cut off mid-flow. He pulled down his hood, revealing the left side of his face to be smothered in bandages. Roland dropped on one knee, taken aback by this gesture. Sage, since Masquerade was founded, had remained hidden by his hood. Sage shook his head, and beckoned him to stand. Sage stood, his garments lightly brushing against the tiled floor. Sage was the core to Masquerade's enigmatic persona, rumours had been circulated, but never been proven. Entire societys were created, dedicated to proving the myth of Sage to be true, or not. Roland looked up at his superior, then stood also, holding his cross.

"It is true, I have called upon you Roland. Our family is dying, you know this. You listen to their prayers and absolve them of their sins each day, you know them better than I, something I am ashamed of, you are more of a father than I could ever be. I need you to do something for me, Roland. I am closer than ever to finding the catalyst, but I need test subjects. We must live Roland, but to do that, I need you to betray your beliefs, for the family. You know of the university in Tokyo? There is a cathedral nearby, a service is being held there for the new arrivals. You must cause a scene. A bloody one preferably. Something distracting that the press-pushers can scream about for the next month whilst Dmitri gets to work. Can you do this for me?"

Roland looked at his necklace. Jesus on the cross.

"You wish me to betray my beliefs? In God's own house no less?"

Sage, with the one eye he could present, showed sadness.

"For the family, Roland."

Roland stared at the cross he bore, then looked back at Sage.

"He made a sacrifice, so that man could ascend to God's arms. He cried in righteous anger in the temple. This...shall be my sacrifice, my righteous anger. I will return, when I am done."

Roland used all of his strength to sling the cross back over his shoulders, then cast out his arm. A wavering darkness emerged from nowhere, calling to Roland. Roland trudged forward, becoming enveloped in it. Roland found himself balancing on an enormous chandelier, observing the mass as it ensued. He put his hands together, praying for those he was about to slay in cold blood. He then leapt down, crushing the minister. Blood trickled down the cobbled steps. Everyone stood and ran, screaming for their lives. Roland shed a single tear, then, the terror was silenced by a screech of lightning. Slinging his cross back over his shoulder, he left, the bodies of the congregation singed and torn.

13th February

The sound of the bell echoed across the city, calling everyone to their lectures. The students all gathered in the registry room, eager to start the day, even moreso to get home. Dr Knox, a kind, cheerful and sociable member of the university's staff came down for registration that day. All of the students, even the older ones, were glad to see him. He looked over the large room, and swung open his large leather book. He slowly began calling the names, people answering one by one. With the register done, they had half an hour to talk, but Knox had already assigned himself to a group that day, an unusual group at that, but a group nonetheless.

"Hey, how are you guys this morning? Did you hear about that terrible murder last night? The entire congregation were killed! That reminds me, I brought in the paper, see for yourself."

Dr Knox threw the paper onto the table.

Hans leaned himself over the table that Dr. Knox had slapped the newspaper onto to get a better look. He looked at the front-page story, his eyes adjusting to the Kanji of a Japanese newspaper, and read.

"That's weird..." Hans said softly. "I wonder why they did it. Seems like a pointless endeavor to kill a cathedral full of people with no reason."

"I know, right? It didn't make sense to me either."

Knox ran his hand across his gelled-back hair, then took off his glasses.

"Everyone, I brought in a new painting, wanna take a looksee?"

Knox opened a large bag and put his work on a canvas-stand. Knox always loved to paint, the students always loved to take a peek.

"One day, I'm going to be famous!"

Knox closed his eyes and gave a large yet modest smile.

Nathan tapped his pencil impatiently against his desk. While the artwork of Dr Knox was indeed impressive, for a man like him, current events and the latest murder interested him more

"Sir"

He said suddenly, trying his best to sound polite amongst the storm of praises that had descended upon the teacher

"Could it be possible that all these people were killed to cover up the murder of one person? Its been done before and would explain the overall randomness of the crime"

"You want to discuss crime-theory? This could be a long talk. I'll call for extended registry. You can all stay with me for another hour."

Knox went over to the phone, called, smiled, then nodded.

"Done and done. Nathan, that is a possibility. Then again, you have to question motives, and more to the point, the location. You know of the Tower of Babel, right?"

"Are you making refrence to the Biblical tower of Babel, sir?"

Nathan asked, a bit confused at where Dr. Knox was going with this

"I am indeed Nathan. What if this murder was in fact simply to distract? Hiding in plain sight, maybe? It would make sense then that something bigger was afoot? Do you not agree?"

The bell tolled for registration to end.

"Aww shucks. We will continue this in the afternoon, off to your lectures!"

Knox walked over to his desk and sat down as all of the students left the room. He quickly turned to his painting, then smirked.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

12 Hours Ago

"You know what I need you to do Dmitri, these students are expendable, yet so valuable to our cause. I'm sure you could send the odd one or two back with your...unique talents? Just don't bring these ones..."

Sage smirked under his hood and showed Dmitri the pictures. Dmitri looked down at the small bag attached to his waist, it was filled with different sized brushes.

"You think students going missing will go unchallenged? The arousal of suspicion is almost a certainty!"

Sage gave a half-hearted laugh.

"I'm counting on it..."

Dmitri walked out of the room, being followed by Sage's maniacal laughter.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Knox pulled out a brush from the bag attached to his waist. He cast out his hand, a blank canvas beginning to glow an unbareably bright purple. Knox heard footsteps outside of his room, he smiled, the cried out.

"Oh damn it! What does a guy have to do to get some help around here!"

A student ran into the room.

"Is there something I can help you with Doctor?"

"No sorry...I just dropped something."

In a flash, the student disappeared, his face imprinted on the canvas, his entire body in fact. Knox called a portal and cast the piece into it. Knox walked over to the phone and dialled a number.

"Sage? Say hello to specimen number 1."

Codex Updated!

-Quick intro, sorry-

Alex exited his college hall with a frown. Long day today. Lectures by a monotone professor who used plain white sheets and black letters. He couldn't capitvate Alex enough to proper teach him. Then again, he thought, that just might be my problem rather than his.

Seeing as he had a few hours off, he slowly made his way to somewhere with food. He threw his bag somewhere in a corner. Then he remembered that his laptop was in it, and took it with him.

Knox turned from the desk and looked at the open door, another student was stood there, completely baffled. When Knox stood up, they ran off carrying a camera in their hand.

"Oh damn it. That certainly isn't good for business. Well, the kids will think it is just photoshop anyway..."

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked