The Escapist's Community Drawing Board Discussion Thread

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Escapist's Community Drawing Board Discussion Thread

This week's issue of The Escapist is all about art and animation in games, and to celebrate we've decided to create an official thread for all of our community members can express their own inner artiste. This is a thread where members of The Escapist forum family can get together to create a visual story, whether on their own or working collaboratively.

How does this work, you ask? Why, it's simple: However you want!

To learn more about the Drawing Board, and to post your images, head over to this thread!

This thread is for our aspiring artists to discuss the story and what they're planning, and to offer feedback and advice to other visual vanquishers on their own contributions to the Drawing Board content.

Please, no images here (they belong over there where everyone can see them!) and keep all discussion related to the Drawing Board. Off-topic discussion will be deleted, and repeated infractions may result in moderation.

Read Full Article

Why this is quite lovely John, now to start on actually making some pretty art for it since I no longer own the Avatar Store

I've seen this kind of thing done on DeviantArt.
It usually ends with something pretty damn... special...

Consider me in.

To the Intuos!

Yes! YES! I am SO in!

This reminds me of some of the stuff the Irregular Webcomic guys do. I will definitely give this a spin.

I'll see what happens. Until then I'll keep watching these;

I'm not entirely sure what the challenge is, you can draw a short comic based on the characters provided, or anything you like/continuing someone else's strip?

I've got the ball rolling a little bit, nothing overly spectacular but it IS surprising how when you're told,

'Go nuts!'

You're suddenly low on inspiration from that moment on...

AND WE HAVE A MYSSSSSTERY!

I may try to submit something. I've got a couple of guest comics I'm working on and a tattoo design for a friend I need to finish. But I would love to submit something, time permitting.

BlindTom:

Can you tell me what on earth is going on with that first one? Banana Pancakes? le stole? I am very confused.

Well. I drew something. Now I will fall asleep on my keyboard from forgetting to rest again.

Oooo drawing! I likes drawing :D

GothmogII:
I'm not entirely sure what the challenge is, you can draw a short comic based on the characters provided, or anything you like/continuing someone else's strip?

Yes, the heart of the project is to take these random characters and their open setting to have a framework to draw your own strips here. This way we don't all have to start from square one, and there is some commonality that those reading the thread can follow.

I think it's just as fun to see the left-field comics too, however.

I love where it's gone already! Keep up the amazing work!

Thanks!
Greg

Trujkin:

GothmogII:

Yes, the heart of the project is to take these random characters and their open setting to have a framework to draw your own strips here. This way we don't all have to start from square one, and there is some commonality that those reading the thread can follow.

I think it's just as fun to see the left-field comics too, however.

I love where it's gone already! Keep up the amazing work!

Thanks!
Greg

Okay, cool. Thanks for clarifying that :) Might give it a shot, least now that the all clear has been given for crappy artistry like mine to exist.

I'm going to feel like a noob for asking this, but better now than never. Ahem...

How does one post a picture in a thread?

Murgo:
I'm going to feel like a noob for asking this, but better now than never. Ahem...

How does one post a picture in a thread?

This is all the codes you need to know

Archemetis:
I've got the ball rolling a little bit, nothing overly spectacular but it IS surprising how when you're told,

'Go nuts!'

Blank piece of paper syndrome. To most people, it's just a sheet of paper. To an artist low on ideas, it's a blank abyss. I'm fairly certain that's what sucks the inspiration right out of us.

Speaking of which, I was a little hesitant over the thought of continuing from yours. The nature of the thread implies consent, but writing someone else's avatar has not a few pitfalls. And I'm rather uncomfortable writing someone else's voice.

Broken Orange:

BlindTom:

Can you tell me what on earth is going on with that first one? Banana Pancakes? le stole? I am very confused.

It's clearly beyond your comprehension.

Bealzibob:
lol

The story sorta came in second, cause I got carried away drawing it. So... yeah.

EDIT: Can't seem to get the suck any bigger while still using MS Paint, so If you can't view it I guess save it and have a gander at it through Paint... Or you know ignore it and crush my hopes and dreams.

heh, well you did do a lot more work than me on the drawing front. It is a bit impossible to read the writing though, maybe repost in .png format since it has better quality, or you could just edit put the writing in sort of like:

Panel 1: I had too little time.

Panel 2: someone had taken the hands right off my watch.

Either way the artwork looks very nice, I especially like the Space Invader thing on fire in the background :D

Remy Cambridge:

Archemetis:

'Go nuts!'

Blank piece of paper syndrome. To most people, it's just a sheet of paper. To an artist low on ideas, it's a blank abyss. I'm fairly certain that's what sucks the inspiration right out of us.

Speaking of which, I was a little hesitant over the thought of continuing from yours. The nature of the thread implies consent, but writing someone else's avatar has not a few pitfalls. And I'm rather uncomfortable writing someone else's voice.

I never considered that when I drew it... (the avatar thing) Well, I suppose for future it'd be worth telling any who feel like continuing on from mine that I honestly don't mind what words you put in my mouth.

I willingly draw myself doing/saying the stupidest things generally, so feel free.

Some one needs to continue the story of the stolen pancake!

Broken Orange:
Some one needs to continue the story of the stolen pancake!

It was stolen?
I... That comic... What?
Well, twenty years later it's safe back in his hands. I think...

What?

Well who liked mine huh? I think Dave has some promise. I'll make another one later, a better one, when I get some freetime to spend 5 hours drawing one character at a time... Cause I suck and the only way I can draw something decent is if it takes me 1 hour per thing.

The one funny addition to the thread gets censored?
Blimey.

Yeah, why did Kluke's comic get him a probation? That was a great comic! Was it stolen? If it was, he did a good job, considering he put in the original post on that screen. I love random stuff like that as well, with the Coach in Mario World and stuff.

There are a few other good ones, but that was the only one that really made me laugh.

LiquidGrape:
The one funny addition to the thread gets censored?
Blimey.

tell me about it. :P

big surprise... the escapist staff never liked my stuff. i guess i need to implement more overused internet memes to strike their fancy... and i guess angry dennis green isn't an internet meme...

I think that banan Pancake shouldn't be continued. I think the first strip should be redrawn by many different artists, like one already has been. It would be good to see archemetis do it!

Hmm... I think it might have been the risky humour, basically implying that The Escapist is evil. *shrug* It made me laugh though "Meanwhile, in the Present year 1955"

BlindTom:

Broken Orange:

BlindTom:

It's clearly beyond your comprehension.

Its quite brilliant to me :D

Well, I continued Charlie's little escapade in the cafe...I'll finish that up, if no one else wants to.

We need more people doing this.

And yes, Kluke's post was funny. The mods are so very sensitive.

Archemetis:

'Go nuts!'

At least it makes a good jumping point.

I'd agree with you though, it's tough.

Of course that's also when pure genius may shine it's brightest.

Really fantastic work everyone. I've really enjoyed admiring your talents and seeing where you went with this. Thanks!

Trujkin:
Really fantastic work everyone. I've really enjoyed admiring your talents and seeing where you went with this. Thanks!

You're plenty welcome. It was fun to take two hours off and do something completely different and silly with no pressure of high expectancies. Is this done now or are we following up on it somehow?

TazTheTerrible:
Is this done now or are we following up on it somehow?

If no one's continuing from where you left off, I know I will.

(but only when I can steal the time, of course.)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked