Joker 2 Is Reportedly a Musical, Lady Gaga Eyed for Harley

Joker 2 musical Lady Gaga Harley Quinn in talks negotiations Joaquin Phoenix Todd Phillips script

Last week, director Todd Phillips shared a script for a Joker sequel movie, titled Joker: Folie à deux. Tonight, THR has released a bombshell report stating that Joker 2 is planned to be a musical and that Lady Gaga is in talks to apparently play Harley Quinn. No rationale has been offered for the shift in genre. In fact, the movie itself does not seem set in stone yet, as Joaquin Phoenix is reportedly still in talks to reprise his own role as the eponymous character. There are a lot of moving pieces right now.

Recommended Videos

If Joker 2 really does proceed as a musical, Lady Gaga is frankly a perfect choice to play Harley in this scenario. Lady Gaga has demonstrated her acting chops in projects like American Horror Story and House of Gucci, and her accomplishments as a musician and singer speak for themselves. Since Joker is set in a different continuity than other DC films, this would not have any effect on Margot Robbie also playing Harley Quinn in those films.

The title Joker: Folie à deux alludes to a shared mental disorder between two people, and Harley Quinn is a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum who is essentially seduced into madness by the Joker. The title makes a lot of sense in that light. The question now is just if people want to watch a Joker 2 musical, Lady Gaga or not.

related content
Read Article MrBeast Says $5 Million Amazon Show Isn’t A Big Deal, Plans To Keep It “Stupid & Silly”
mr beast prime video show
Read Article William Shatner Blames Star Trek V’s Failures on Himself & Executives
Star Trek V poster.
Read Article Every Planet of the Apes Movie, Ranked From Worst to Best
The Planet of the Apes Prequels Were the Last Great Movie Trilogy Rise Dawn of War for Rupert Wyatt Matt Reeves
Related Content
Read Article MrBeast Says $5 Million Amazon Show Isn’t A Big Deal, Plans To Keep It “Stupid & Silly”
mr beast prime video show
Read Article William Shatner Blames Star Trek V’s Failures on Himself & Executives
Star Trek V poster.
Read Article Every Planet of the Apes Movie, Ranked From Worst to Best
The Planet of the Apes Prequels Were the Last Great Movie Trilogy Rise Dawn of War for Rupert Wyatt Matt Reeves
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.