Deadly Premonition 2 Out on PC via Steam Now

Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise PC Steam out now

Remember Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise? The game that ran so badly at launch on Nintendo Switch in 2020 that it literally looked like stop-motion animation to play? Well, it’s back — in PC form! Rising Star Games, Toybox, and creator Hidetaka “Swery” Suehiro have announced that Deadly Premonition 2 is out now on PC via Steam, retailing for $39.99 / €39.99 / £34.99 with a 30% launch discount.

Recommended Videos

For those who could use a reminder, Deadly Premonition 2 is simultaneously a prequel and sequel to the original game. The story centers on Agent Davis and Agent Jones, who are investigating serial killing in Le Carré. The game is set in present-day Boston but “will see you travel back in time to the town of Le Carré via the memories of a former FBI agent. These flashbacks will allow you to step into the shoes of Special Agent York to unravel an intriguing and disturbing mystery.”

On PC through Steam, Deadly Premonition 2 brings various technical improvements, such as a higher resolution and reduced loading times. You probably shouldn’t expect an immaculate experience, but it almost couldn’t be worse than what Switch players got — emphasis on almost.

“I think people who enjoyed the first Deadly Premonition will love getting the opportunity to hear more fun York conversations as well as seeing what happened to Zach after the Greenvale case,” said Swery. “I hope that people fall in love with all the characters in the game as they meet and interact with them.”

related content
Read Article Stardew Valley Players Are Losing Their Minds Over a Disgusting New Drink Option
Stardew Valley Gross Drink 1.6 Update
Read Article MrBeast Says $5 Million Amazon Show Isn’t A Big Deal, Plans To Keep It “Stupid & Silly”
mr beast prime video show
Read Article Pokemon GO Player Contemplates Ending Relationship Over Weather Week Castform Challenge
Castform snowy pokemon go hell
Related Content
Read Article Stardew Valley Players Are Losing Their Minds Over a Disgusting New Drink Option
Stardew Valley Gross Drink 1.6 Update
Read Article MrBeast Says $5 Million Amazon Show Isn’t A Big Deal, Plans To Keep It “Stupid & Silly”
mr beast prime video show
Read Article Pokemon GO Player Contemplates Ending Relationship Over Weather Week Castform Challenge
Castform snowy pokemon go hell
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.