Square Enix & Limited Run Games announce Gex Trilogy for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 & 5 (PS4, PS5), Xbox Series X | S, & PC via Steam.

Gex Trilogy Is Coming to Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox Series, & PC

Today, Limited Run Games, which specializes in physical releases of indie games and re-releases of games of yesteryear, held its Summer Games Showcase. And the event was wall-to-wall curve balls. Among them was the announcement from Limited Run and Square Enix of Gex Trilogy for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 (PS4), PlayStation 5 (PS5), Xbox Series X | S, and PC via Steam. Gex, Gex: Enter the Gecko, and Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko have been rebuilt for modern platforms using Limited Run’s proprietary Carbon Engine, which exists specifically to port retro games like this one.

Recommended Videos

Limited Run shared a brief Gex Trilogy reveal trailer spoofing James Bond in classic fashion, but it reveals absolutely nothing else besides what you read two sentences ago. Limited Run says it will share more information about it today, so we’ll provide an update if it’s substantial.

Gex was originally developed by Crystal Dynamics and launched for 3DO, PlayStation, and Sega Saturn in 1995 as a 2D platformer. Gex: Enter the Gecko shifted to 3D platforming in 1998, and Gex 3 followed in 1999. After that, the franchise mostly went into hibernation, until this magic moment. If you’ve never played Gex before, or your experience is limited to old demo discs, you may want to watch out for Gex Trilogy on Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox, and PC in the future.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Netflix Announces Reality Series Focusing on Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders
Read Article Zack Snyder Wanted Leonardo DiCaprio to Play Lex Luthor in BvS
Leonardo DiCaprio pointing his finger in The Wolf of Wall Street.
Read Article Oldboy Is Getting an English-Language TV Adaptation
Related Content
Read Article Netflix Announces Reality Series Focusing on Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders
Read Article Zack Snyder Wanted Leonardo DiCaprio to Play Lex Luthor in BvS
Leonardo DiCaprio pointing his finger in The Wolf of Wall Street.
Read Article Oldboy Is Getting an English-Language TV Adaptation
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.