Remember guys, Sargon of Akkad is on UKIP.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

(Note the video linked here is not from his channel directly, so you can see it, and if you are using Google Chrome, go into incognito mode to not have this video in your browsing history thus affecting your Youtube recommends, and be warned it has some racial slurs here, but its the point regarding this topic)

Sargon of Akkad is now fully participating in actual politics in the UK. The same Sargon of Akkad that made this:

"Words never hurt you, they are just words, they don't do anything, they don't do any damage"

By this logic words should not inspire anyone to do anything at all. Infact any political statements you would make in UKIP or Parliament should be utterly worthless because they don't do anything. Infact if they do nothing I should be completely illiterate and unable to understand speech because "Words do nothing"

"You aren't the boss of anyone, no one has to do what you say"

And now you are becoming a politician and potentially going to "boss" people around. How the heck did I forgot about this video in my long time following this guy once?

Also I know this thread was more or less meant as a bit of "slander?" against Sargon of Akkad, but I am just addressing the sheer hypocrisy of Sargon in what is his doing right now with him in UKIP. And I am encouraging everyone here to keep this mostly civil.

Ahh Sargon, herald of the right and complete idiot.

I honestly don't know if this reflects worse on Carlgon of Swindon or on UKIP.

Nonetheless I just can't wait to see what sort of intelligent, rational policy proposals will be drafted by this YouTube opinion-haver.

Ah yes, one of the posterboys for pseudo-intellectual preaching against "feels before reals" while relying pretty much entirely on just his "feels."

Is he still saying he's only doing it ironically?

Palindromemordnilap:
Is he still saying he?s only doing it ironically?

Basically Sargon is now a target by more lulz driven trolls like Mister Metokur over slights Sargon gave to him and others.

Samtemdo8:

Palindromemordnilap:
Is he still saying he?s only doing it ironically?

Basically Sargon is now the target by more lulz driven trolls like Mister Metokur over slights Sargon gave to him and others.

Previously I believe Sargon has claimed that things like joining UKIP were done ironically as a joke. Now that he appears to be running as a politician for UKIP (I assume, I didn't bother watching the video) is he still claiming it's all some kind of joke? That he's somehow ironically representing all the rot that UKIP stand for?

Christ, as if we didn't have enough self-aggrandizing morons in politics doing their best at being utterly insufferable. Now we've got a self-aggrandizing Youtube moron actually trying to effect their 'genius' and 'wokeness' on things that actually matter instead of yelling at the clouds or something.

Now that I look it up, SEVERAL Youtube morons doing that. Yeesh.

Sleepy Sol:
Christ, as if we didn't have enough self-aggrandizing morons in politics doing their best at being utterly insufferable. Now we've got a self-aggrandizing Youtube moron actually trying to effect their 'genius' and 'wokeness' on things that actually matter instead of yelling at the clouds or something.

Now that I look it up, SEVERAL Youtube morons doing that. Yeesh.

Well, UKIP doesn't really matter to anyone but a few hard right tories, white nationalists and a selection of out-of-touch uneducated oldies. Whoever this Argon guy is might be trying to encourage a more youth-focused appeal though. But UKIP is essentially the party for dummies, by dummies.

Am a wondering now if this Argonian fella visited the recent "UKIP young independence shop" at a Birmingham conference and bought himself a few of those Nigel Farage condoms they're selling;

We are in the age were ignorant self-aggrandizing politicians gather popularity by pandering intolerance, antagonism towards science, and promoting anti-intellectualism. So, I ain't surprised.

Which one was Sargon again? There are so many conservative British men with YouTube channels I honestly get them mixed up

Silentpony:
Which one was Sargon again? There are so many conservative British men with YouTube channels I honestly get them mixed up

The Fat Bearded one named Carl Bejamin.

He should have stayed in his lane where he criticizes radical feminists and other non-gamers that pose as gamers.

Is Sargon still a thing?

Something Amyss:
Is Sargon still a thing?

Yes, but now he's becoming the victim in his current situation.

Silentpony:

The one who seems to own himself every time you look closely; he has a series of reactionary videos called "this week in stupid" (oh, the irony of the title...)

Samtemdo8:

Silentpony:

CaitSeith:

Silentpony:

The one who seems to own himself every time you look closely; he has a series of reactionary videos called "this week in stupid" (oh, the irony of the title...)

Neither of these narrow it down any further..

Yes. That seems like something he'd do.

undeadsuitor:

Samtemdo8:

Silentpony:

CaitSeith:

Silentpony:

He is also the reason the meme Kekistan and Pepe became a thing.

Samtemdo8:

While he certainly helped spread it, I'm fairly sure /pol/tards are behind the Kekistan meme, and Pepe has been a meme since before he even showed his fat chinless face on Youtube.

Also, the sky is blue, Marcus of Boobus is a self-aggrandizing hypocritical moron, and grass is green. More at eleven.

Samtemdo8:

undeadsuitor:

Samtemdo8:

CaitSeith:

Pepe was that frog thing, but which one was Kekistan?

Silentpony:

Samtemdo8:

undeadsuitor:

Pepe was that frog thing, but which one was Kekistan?

Here you go:

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/kekistan

Just curious, did anyone actually watched the video I linked in my OP?

Samtemdo8:
Just curious, did anyone actually watched the video I linked in my OP?

I just did.

This actually brings up a point that I've wanted to ask for a while. Why do people wholesale ignore history and then think they are so profound when they say "Hey, if you ignore it too, suddenly everything I say makes sense".

Has anyone been punched in the face from a word? No. Words can't punch. But have people punched others because they thought it was ok because "they are just a '____'"? Absolutely. From the dawn of human history, We made sure that we knew who 'We' were, and those dirty 'Them' weren't like us. Weren't deserving of the same resources or good fortune as 'We' are. In fact, they might not even be human.

We know 'We' are human because 'WE' all agreed that we were. So, if we all agree, 'They' are below us, beneath us. Not Us. We can do whatever we want because 'We' are us, and they are 'them'. No pity for them.

It's nothing new in human history. How can anyone consider themselves educated or insightful while ignoring one of the most common threads of all of human history?

Running for politics would require 20 metric Sargons in your average public debate, however. The guy is functionally illiterate... anyone going to legitimately ask him about taxation when he can't actually read a journal article, book or study before ranting about it?

Then again, this is the party that just thought you could literally just magically move money the UK paid as part of membership in the EU to the NHS... like as if there was just some big moneypile somewhere that you could literally put in a briefcase and just magically toss somewhere else.

Basic math, economics and literacy is kind of needed in politics. Or maybe, if Brexit showed us anything, that just so happens to bore people. The economy is central to politics. It is front and centre. It does not matter your ideological bent, you work out money before you work out the spin. That is how a healthy democracy functions. Economy first, rhetoric second.

What exactly are they hoping Sargon will bring to this equation?

The Internet was a mistake.

Real question: which one is better? Sargon or Molynuex?

I mean, Molynuex's made a few decent videogames at least.

No, wait, you mean Stephan

Xsjadoblayde:

Well, UKIP doesn't really matter to anyone but a few hard right tories, white nationalists and a selection of out-of-touch uneducated oldies. Whoever this Argon guy is might be trying to encourage a more youth-focused appeal though. But UKIP is essentially the party for dummies, by dummies.

Yeah, I'm not familiar with UK politics and all being American and whatever, but checking the situation out further, I was surprised to see that UKIP is more or less in the gutter for any sort of greater public support compared to how things were a few years ago. It's still definitely concerning that they're doing this sort of thing regardless.

Probably shouldn't be that surprised primarily because it's a pretty easy way to stir up controversy and attention directed at the party. I don't think it will really be worth it for them, though. Thankfully.

Sleepy Sol:
I was surprised to see that UKIP is more or less in the gutter for any sort of greater public support compared to how things were a few years ago.

What was UKIP's main draw: Getting the UK out of the EU.
Those who were in favor of that and now have doubts due to all the Brexit related news won't support the party.
Those who were in favor and are still in favor have no reason to support the party. Many have gone back to supporting their traditional parties (usually the Tories)

CM156:

Sleepy Sol:
I was surprised to see that UKIP is more or less in the gutter for any sort of greater public support compared to how things were a few years ago.

What was UKIP's main draw: Getting the UK out of the EU.
Those who were in favor of that and now have doubts due to all the Brexit related news won't support the party.
Those who were in favor and are still in favor have no reason to support the party. Many have gone back to supporting their traditional parties (usually the Tories)

Probably the biggest indication that they were mostly protest-voting Tories is that David Cameron said if you vote UKIP, you will get Labour

altnameJag:

which ones the bigger liar... Molyneux or Molyneux?

Addendum_Forthcoming:
Basic math, economics and literacy is kind of needed in politics.

Actually you just need a big red bus covered in bullshit.

trunkage:

altnameJag:

which ones the bigger liar... Molyneux or Molyneux?

The videogame one is a paragon of truthfulness compared to the political one.

I admit I enjoyed that one recent video they made from the EU summit or whatever it was where he and Dankula were like "we just wanted to play videogames Anita" XD.

But yeah, I don't agree with everything this guy says as he has been becoming more and more conservative but I enjoy his content from time to time, especially the week in stupid stuff, that's always entertaining.

But as I understand the situation with Ukip, now that brexit is accomplished they were basically dead in the water so these youtubers revitalized them and made them into something new. It may actually be a step up for the party even if they don't do all that well overall cause they were already going downhill anyways.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here