Top 3 Virginian Democrat Officials rocked by Racial and Sexual scandal

Governor Ralph Northam, Lt. Governor Justin Fairfax and Attorney General Mark Herring are facing scandals concerning their past behaviors.

Both Ralph Northam and Mark Herring are accused of wearing black face to Halloween parties during their 20s.

The Governor apologized for his actions but refused to step down from his position as Governor despite many calls from activists and political organizations for his retirement.

It was assumed that Lt. Governor Fairfax would take over following the Northam scandal. However, Fairfax is accused from Dr. Vanessa Tyson of sexual assault. Dr. Tyson claims that Fairfax forced Oral sex on her.

Sources report that Fairfax used some harsh language to deny these allegations.

Fairfax later made a statement stating that assault survivors should be respected but what happened between him and Dr. Tyson was consensual.

Then came Mark Herring when he admitted to wearing black face to a Halloween party later today.

All three officials are Democrats and have no plans to step down or resign. It would appear that the Democratic Party of Virginia may be in some deep trouble.

fucking lol. Seriously, how is it so hard to avoid wearing blackface?

BreakfastMan:

It honestly seems to be a "tradition" that won't go away. I imagine that in the South it's viewed by teenagers n' whatnot as being "edgy". They probably view it the same way that some dumb kid views going to church looking like a front-man in a black metal band. They also almost always seem to think it was harmless at the time, because this country seems to fundamentally lack any form of awareness about anything. It's another case of "it's just a joke bro" only racist, but they don't get why it's racist. The whole situation is fucked.

So is blackface just what you do in Virginia?

Hey, hey, hey, Republicans, hey, watch this, watch, its neat, watch...

Shame on them, that is not what I want for my political party, they should step down, and face proper punishment!

Wasn't that neat Republicans? You should give it a try...No, not 'bashing democrats', I mean holding your own party to some level of standards.

Yeah, I don't want sex offenders in office.

Saelune:

Shame on them, that is not what I want for my political party, they should step down, and face proper punishment!

Wasn't that neat Republicans? You should give it a try...No, not 'bashing democrats', I mean holding your own party to some level of standards.

What about blackface?

BreakfastMan:

Saelune:

What about blackface?

Fuck people who wear that too. Toss them all out.

Speaker Cox has addressed the issues at hand. For those wondering, Speaker Kirk Cox is a Registered Republican and next in succession. If Northam, Fairfax and Herring should all resign, he would be next in line as acting Governor.

EDIT:

BreakfastMan:

Saelune:

What about blackface?

Rape is worse and people seemed to be glossing over it.

Saelune:

What punishment? I mean you don't mean prosecution do you?

Silentpony:

Saelune:

I mean that rapists should be punished for raping. I mean, ideally, the law would be against rape and rapists would be punished by said laws and not ya know, rewarded with positions of power, but idealism is a fantasy.

Northam should probably step down. It should be noted that someone dug up the controversial photo in response to him effectively saying on radio about late term abortions that if a baby had a birth defect, he would resuscitate the already born baby and then discuss whether to let it die or not, and someone was upset enough to fig this up and publicly shame him.

Fairfax should probably step down, cause that rape is pretty rapey, pretty close to verifiable, and directly related to his political career. Even if you give him the maximum benefit of the doubt and believe he thought they had a consensual encounter, he still instigated a sexual encounter with a recently met coworker while on the job working a convention for his political party. And if you don't give him that, he's a rapist.

And then Herring I'm inclined to give a pass. It's the least bad of the 3, it's something he confessed to forwardly, and if all 3 of them go, they get replaced by a Republican, and that feels problematic to me. I think given the extreme circumstances, he has a greater responsibility to stay in place if the other 2 were to resign.

Saelune:

The problem is, we still have dems and liberals who are defending these fuckers because they put party first.

I'm not trying to #samethingbothsides, because there's a huge disparity between the parties in terms of partisan lock-step, but there are enough out there to really worry me on this. It's disturbing that people can have such tribal reactions no matter what.

But...I mean, I was raised Catholic and a chunk of my family still stands behind the Church no matter what they do, so it's not surprising.

Saelune:

Silentpony:

Saelune:

I mean that rapists should be punished for raping. I mean, ideally, the law would be against rape and rapists would be punished by said laws and not ya know, rewarded with positions of power, but idealism is a fantasy.

No i meant the dudes in blackface. After they resign and leave office, what 'proper punishment' should they face?

tstorm823:
Northam should probably step down. It should be noted that someone dug up the controversial photo in response to him effectively saying on radio about late term abortions that if a baby had a birth defect, he would resuscitate the already born baby and then discuss whether to let it die or not, and someone was upset enough to fig this up and publicly shame him.

Fairfax should probably step down, cause that rape is pretty rapey, pretty close to verifiable, and directly related to his political career. Even if you give him the maximum benefit of the doubt and believe he thought they had a consensual encounter, he still instigated a sexual encounter with a recently met coworker while on the job working a convention for his political party. And if you don't give him that, he's a rapist.

And then Herring I'm inclined to give a pass. It's the least bad of the 3, it's something he confessed to forwardly, and if all 3 of them go, they get replaced by a Republican, and that feels problematic to me. I think given the extreme circumstances, he has a greater responsibility to stay in place if the other 2 were to resign.

I was considering giving Northam a pass until he stated that it wasn't him. I thought he tried to do a good aplology but then completely wasted it. Does it even matter at this point, just let it lie bro.

But if the abortion thing is true, that's pretty fucked up too.

BreakfastMan:

There was a famous show in Australia called Hey, Hey it's Saturday in the 90s. One segment was people coming in to do a skit infromt of some judges. They decided to bring the show back a couple of years ago and to celebrate. They got some of the old performers that were well liked back then, to do their skit again.

And one of those performance was a black face skit. The show was pretty much cancelled straight away.

I can say that all this silliness was a least a long time ago and not a couple of years.

Silentpony:

Saelune:

Silentpony:

No i meant the dudes in blackface. After they resign and leave office, what 'proper punishment' should they face?

Not being re-elected probably. I do not think blackface is equal to rape.

trunkage:

I don't want to give the wrong impression by negligence, he was definitely intending to describe babies with defects that could make long term survival less likely, but that's still "your baby is alive and stable, but with this problem, they might die or be disabled in the future. Wanna just end it now?"

trunkage:

BreakfastMan:

There was a famous show in Australia called Hey, Hey it's Saturday in the 90s. One segment was people coming in to do a skit infromt of some judges. They decided to bring the show back a couple of years ago and to celebrate. They got some of the old performers that were well liked back then, to do their skit again.

And one of those performance was a black face skit. The show was pretty much cancelled straight away.

I can say that all this silliness was a least a long time ago and not a couple of years.

I mean, that is australia. They love blackface over there, one of their most beloved comedians is a blackface performer. Jonah From Tonga aired just 2 years ago over there. In the US at least, we haven't had non-ironic blackface on TV for decades (to my knowledge).

https://pilotonline.com/news/government/politics/virginia/article_d4ce7700-2ae3-11e9-ace9-ff7814740140.html

Lol, it just goes on and on over there. They will clear out the entire damn state government at this rate.

So is there someone living in Virginia who has NOT posed in blackface or KKK robes?

BreakfastMan:

trunkage:

BreakfastMan:

I mean, that is australia. They love blackface over there, one of their most beloved comedians is a blackface performer. Jonah From Tonga aired just 2 years ago over there. In the US at least, we haven't had non-ironic blackface on TV for decades (to my knowledge).

Fuk U, man. I had scrubbed Chris Lilley from my mind. Now I have to relive how terrible his shows were and how racists Australians are.

There is a reason why Australians only recently got Same Sex Marriage, even after the Irish. We're pretty backwards here.

I mean, we had a White Austealia Policy. We love our out in the open racism here

BreakfastMan:
https://pilotonline.com/news/government/politics/virginia/article_d4ce7700-2ae3-11e9-ace9-ff7814740140.html

Lol, it just goes on and on over there. They will clear out the entire damn state government at this rate.

*Ahem*

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons
We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact [email protected] or call 757-446-9000.

What naughtiness occurs yonder, fellow vagabond? Am guessing more blackface. Is this Virginia's equivalent to "I mayhaps too once smoke a cannabis in the university"? Except, well, exclusive to whities?

Neurotic Void Melody:
Am guessing more blackface.

Bingo.

Though this one isn't the person wearing blackface, they were the editor of a yearbook that decided to include lots of other people wearing it.

tstorm823:

Neurotic Void Melody:
Am guessing more blackface.

Bingo.

Though this one isn't the person wearing blackface, they were the editor of a yearbook that decided to include lots of other people wearing it.

Among a bunch of racial slurs and other fun things like that.

trunkage:

I mean, I personally expect the blackface thing was pulled out as a distraction from his comments and those of Kathy Tran, because it provides a convenient excuse to change the topic without having to answer some...inconvenient nuanced sorts of questions about abortion that would be a veritable minefield as far as reelection odds. The bill Kathy Tran is pushing permits abortion at any time during the third trimester (up to and including during labor, according to her own words -- another thing they want to distract from because even a lot pro-choice folks find the notion of a 40 week abortion a no-go) if a single doctor agrees that continuing the pregnancy might impair her future physical or mental health.

The rape accusation against Fairfax was supposedly spurred on by the alleged victim hearing he might become governor, that that's what tipped her over the edge. I don't see an obvious political motive for that one, at least not at a glance.

Looks like democrats have three strong contenders for the next open supreme court seat

Neurotic Void Melody:

BreakfastMan:

*Ahem*

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons
We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact [email protected] or call 757-446-9000.

What naughtiness occurs yonder, fellow vagabond? Am guessing more blackface. Is this Virginia's equivalent to "I mayhaps too once smoke a cannabis in the university"? Except, well, exclusive to whities?

Here are some highlights since you can't access the site:
I addition to blackface,

Virginia Sen. Tommy Norment was an editor for VMI yearbook filled with racist photos and slurs

The N-word is used at least once, and a student listed as being from Bangkok, Thailand, is referred to with anti-Chinese and anti-Japanese slurs.

A blurb under one man's picture says: "He was known as the 'Barracks Jew' having his fingers in the finances of the entire Corps."

The first black students were allowed to enroll at the institute in the fall of 1968.

Noted the Senator did condemn black face and added this:

He added that he was not in and did not take any of the offensive photos.

In an earlier statement issued by a spokesman, he said, "The use of blackface is abhorrent in our society and I emphatically condemn it."

Lil devils x:
Here are some highlights since you can't access the site:
I addition to blackface,

Virginia Sen. Tommy Norment was an editor for VMI yearbook filled with racist photos and slurs

The N-word is used at least once, and a student listed as being from Bangkok, Thailand, is referred to with anti-Chinese and anti-Japanese slurs.

A blurb under one man?s picture says: "He was known as the 'Barracks Jew' having his fingers in the finances of the entire Corps."

The first black students were allowed to enroll at the institute in the fall of 1968.

Noted the Senator did condemn black face and added this:

He added that he was not in and did not take any of the offensive photos.

In an earlier statement issued by a spokesman, he said, "The use of blackface is abhorrent in our society and I emphatically condemn it."

Ah, thankyou for this smuggling of data...You're doing some God's work here!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here