Shooting at 2 mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

CheetoDust:

Saelune:

CheetoDust:
Yeah I'm aware what those words mean. What does the town being called that have to do with the attack if you're not trying to make a statement about the people who live in that town.

You want me to say that maybe I am wrong? Fine. But we need to stop pretending that a town with a name practically out of a bad parody, that is seriously named 'Christchurch' where Muslims in their mosques got shot up, might have something to do with Christianity. It is not some absurd leap.

Again, a very common place name when it comes to former British colonies. Ireland has one too and we're not overly attached to our British roots. Maybe we could also considering that a town was named Christchurch 170 years ago and is now home to at least two mosques within 3 km of each other.

Yes, Christianity HAS had a major influence on the entire world. That's my whole point. You think you're providing evidence against my point, but are just supporting it.

MrCalavera:

Saelune:
New Zealand is a Christian country, just like the US, just like the UK and plenty of other European countries. We want to pretend they aren't, but they are, and it is a negative influence. Christchurch is a I mean, its like a parody its so on the nose, maybe change that shit if you don't want to be viewed as a place that is LITERALLY CALLED 'CHRISTCHURCH'!

So, uh, fun fact: Oslo, the capital of Norway, used to be called Christiannia. Changing the name didn't stop the self-described crusader Breivik.

But it does better suggest they would disapprove of what he did.

Avnger:
by a false flag (((attacker))) at that

I mean, a lone gunman shooting large numbers of people for nebulous or poorly defined reasons.. sounds suspiciously like an action film to me.. and we all know who controls the film industry..

Specter Von Baren:

Saelune:
Whats the difference?

Saelune, have you ever thought about how hurtful and prejudicial you're being when you say things like this? Have you thought about how it makes people feel to be accused to be something they aren't? It's saying things like this that make you just as prejudiced and bigoted as anyone else.

Have you?

I am tired of people telling me to do what they say, but not what they do. Stubborn people telling me to not be stubborn, uncivil people telling me to be civil. People with grudges against me telling me to not have grudges. Doesn't make much of a compelling argument.

Samtemdo8:
So what happened? Is he arrested? He is dead? Is he named and identified?

I think arrested. Not looked into his name cause these types want fame.

Samtemdo8:
So what happened? Is he arrested? He is dead? Is he named and identified?

I think the guy got arrested. And New Zealand announced they will have more gun laws.

Saelune:

Dreiko:

erttheking:

That?s....not logistically possible.

My bad, I misunderstood you, you clarified your position.

There?s a difference between platforms that get infiltrated by bad people and websites that are nesting grounds of hate. A big one.

From what I've seen, people try to inflate things to suit their agenda. Like the guy who shot the jewish temple. They always called him as a guy from Gab but he also had a facebook too. Twitter has a ton of alt right people there but it's not seen as "that alt right site" but Gab is.

Suffice it to say, I don't trust absolutely anyone to be even-handed in differentiating between which site is being infiltrated and which site is the breeding ground. I can see nothing but turmoil coming out of any attempt to categorize sites thus.

Gab was made by a Trump supporter FOR Trump supporters. Gab is viewed as right-wing because of their own marketing.

I think it was more because he posted his plan on Gab. He didn't on Facebook. Hence, Gab being a place that take Freedom of Speech so seriously that they think people shouldn't have consequences, dont do anything until forced by police. Facebook take terrorism seriously. Gab doesn't and then wonders why they get blamed for terrorist on their platform.

Gab, actions have consequences. Pretending consequences shouldn't affected you because Free Speech is utter nonsense

trunkage:

Saelune:

Dreiko:

From what I've seen, people try to inflate things to suit their agenda. Like the guy who shot the jewish temple. They always called him as a guy from Gab but he also had a facebook too. Twitter has a ton of alt right people there but it's not seen as "that alt right site" but Gab is.

Suffice it to say, I don't trust absolutely anyone to be even-handed in differentiating between which site is being infiltrated and which site is the breeding ground. I can see nothing but turmoil coming out of any attempt to categorize sites thus.

Gab was made by a Trump supporter FOR Trump supporters. Gab is viewed as right-wing because of their own marketing.

I think it was more because he posted his plan on Gab. He didn't on Facebook. Hence, Gab being a place that take Freedom of Speech so seriously that they think people shouldn't have consequences, dont do anything until forced by police. Facebook take terrorism seriously. Gab doesn't and then wonders why they get blamed for terrorist on their platform.

Gab, actions have consequences. Pretending consequences shouldn't affected you because Free Speech is utter nonsense

Wondering why Gab is right-wing is like wondering why 'The Donald' on reddit is about Donald Trump.

I do wonder how actually dedicated to free speech they are though. Most 'bastions of free speech' are hypocritical liars who absolutely suppress and abuse anyone who speaks out against them.

Hey folks, just chiming in to say this isn't a discussion topic we want to address on these forums. Thread locked.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked