Announcement trailer: Bandai Namco brings Tales of Symphonia Remastered to Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, & PC (Steam) in early 2023.

Tales of Symphonia Remastered Hits All Platforms in Early 2023

As first showcased at the September 2022 Nintendo Direct, Bandai Namco has revealed the announcement trailer for Tales of Symphonia Remastered, which will launch on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam in early 2023. A special Tales of Symphonia Remastered Chosen Edition is available to preorder for $49.99, which comes with the base game, a commemorative metal case, and exclusive art.

Recommended Videos

Here is how Nintendo describes this remaster of the hit 2004 GameCube RPG:

A remaster of the beloved classic Tales of Symphonia is coming to Nintendo Switch with enhanced graphics and improved gameplay! The world of Sylvarant is controlled by shadowy forces called Desians. To stop them, a person known as the Chosen One must ascend the Tower of Salvation. Lloyd soon embarks on a journey with Colette, the current Chosen One and his childhood friend, in this classic action-RPG. The fate of two interconnected worlds hangs in the balance. Play with up to three friends in local co-op mode to fight powerful opponents in real-time battles. Combine hundreds of special attacks and magic spells. Tales of Symphonia Remastered begins its journey on Nintendo Switch in early 2023.

Way more RPGs were showcased where this came from at the September 2022 Nintendo Direct. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion got a release date, and Fire Emblem Engage and Octopath Traveler II were announced, for instance.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article All Patch Notes for Dragon’s Dogma 2 April 25 Patch
Dragons Dogma 2 Arisen
Read Article Pokemon GO Players Want Massive Spotlight Hour Change After Bugged Trubbish Shiny Rates
Trubbish, the garbage Pokemon, from the animated Pokemon series
Read Article Metaphor: ReFantazio Won’t Have Romance Like Persona
Sitting at dinner with friends in Metaphor: ReFantazio
Related Content
Read Article All Patch Notes for Dragon’s Dogma 2 April 25 Patch
Dragons Dogma 2 Arisen
Read Article Pokemon GO Players Want Massive Spotlight Hour Change After Bugged Trubbish Shiny Rates
Trubbish, the garbage Pokemon, from the animated Pokemon series
Read Article Metaphor: ReFantazio Won’t Have Romance Like Persona
Sitting at dinner with friends in Metaphor: ReFantazio
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.