The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 . . . 815 NEXT

Table for Two
Nina's story

Table for Two
Nina's story

Table for Two
Nina's story

Origin Plains: Rising Dawn Hanger: Adelheid Bernstein, Torment X Leoric

"-To engage in land transit mode, release the break handle and put it into 1st gear. 1st gear, 1st gea-...wait, where's the gear stick?...isn't there meant to be one in here? Who makes a car without a gear stick? Grrrrr..."

Back with our heroes and one of the least lucky people to ever been born, Adelheid was trying to make sense of one of the least helpful user manuals he had ever read.
Peering from his book and over the transport's dashboard, he let out a sigh of relief when he failed to see anyone else in the hanger.
"Alright. Calm down, nearly there. You got this...Y-you got this..." He reassured himself as he shook off his nerves before attempting to start the transport-
"The ignition is under the steering wheel."

Instincts quickly took over as Adel barely avoided getting his head taken off by a rather large mace, watching in shock as it cleaved right though the dashboard.
His eyes couldn't believe what he was seeing, a rather large skeleton with a frenzied expression on his face(?) as he grinned at him.
"Don't worry, you were still the fastest one of you to figure out how to use one of these flying vessels. Shame it won't help you..." Leoric taunted before Adel attempted to escape, vaulting over the chair and-...getting whacked in the chest by a rather skillful swing.
Stumbling back to his feet off the floor, he brought up his hand before shouting "REPPUKEN!", attempting to use one of his famous ki attacks on the skeletal invader.

Such an attempt was met with manic mocking laughter as Leoric swatted it away with his mace, blowing a large flaming hole in the side of the transport.
"You tried this last time! It's not going to work!" He pointed out before Adel used the opening to dive out of the vehicle.
Phasing though the metal, Leoric quickly prepped another mighty swing of his mace, nailing Adel center-mass and flinging him against the exterior before he could even touch the ground.
"No one. EVER listens to me! NO ONE! You will obey your king, Peasant! HEAR THAT DIABLO!? I KNOW YOU CAN! YOU THINK YOUR LITTLE CHILDREN'S PUPPETS CAN FOOL ME?!" The Black King barked, as if someone was watching, while Adel tried to flee once more.
That was before he noticed a large spectral hand start to form around him, squeezing the literal life out of him and transferring it to his attacker.
Confusion set in first as Adel noticed the flesh on his limbs start to become more emancipated and his bones more visible, then terror as he realized what was happening then...sheer exhaustion as his attempt to run turned into a meek stumbling crawl.
"Oh, where were you going to run? To your demonic masters?! Well, I have some bad news for you..."

Grabbing him by his hair as the life and strength fled his body, Leoric knelt down before whispering a rather unsettling message: "No one came to help you the last time I killed you. So make it easy on yourself. Surrender. It will be over soon...For you and the rest of these traitors..."
He then raised up his mace to bring it down upon Adel's head...

Origin Plains: Rising Dawn Medical Bay: David West, Jenny, Dr. Violet

After whitie'ing out in front of everyone and ruining what at the time seemed like a wise use of several thousand dollars ("Ewwww...it's all warm and under everything..."), David soon awoke in the medical bay, feeling just as much of a killer hangover as he did earlier.
But even though the sedatives, the comfort liquor and the medical grade liquor you aren't even meant to drink, it wasn't enough to stop the pounding in his skull.
Clutching his pillow, he grit his teeth in pain while Jenny and Violet tried to figure out what was happening to him.
"So if it's not biological, then what is it? Technological?"
"No, it was nothing like that. Don't even know what kinda term we would use for it. All that I know is it's causing him a great deal of distress..."
"And gave me one hell of dry cleaning bill...

Their exchange was interrupted when David suddenly screamed awake, shouting "HANGER BAY! BLONDE KID! SKELETOR! SOMETHING ABOUT SHIFT STICK! FUCK! WHY WON'T THIS STOP?!"
"David! David! Calm down! Violet, more sedative!"
"Again?! God, what's this guy's liver made of?!" The "Doctor" said before quickly taking another needle and jamming it into David's neck, causing his expression to go blank before he finally leaned back on his pillow, murmuring slightly as he drifted off into another restless sleep.
"It's getting worse...And we're no closer to figuring what it is..."
"...Why was he talking about shift sticks?"

shout out to Diabs for writing/supervision on some bits.

Origin Plains

Ton Ton and Cadolbolg looked at each other with curious expressions when Diana suggested making use of shapeshifting for investigative purposes...or perhaps mischief. Cadolbolg was the first to speak up, his youthful exuberance shining through when he asked, "You can shapeshift? Can you turn into a cupcake? No would expect a cupcake watching them!"

"Or potentially get her eaten..."

"Aww...." Cadolbolg slumped in the air - a strange sight for something that was formerly hovering there, and then reflapped his wings to right himself as he asked instead, "Well, I dunno what'd be the most fitting, really. My father says spying on people is rude, so you shouldn't do that in the first place! But you are right about one thing- something's screwy. I thought we were on the Dawn, but instead it's right over there..."

Ton Ton coughed to get his brother's and Diana's attention, and indicated his head to the airship, "While your shapeshifting abilities are a very useful ability, I don't think they'll get much use out here. Why don't we go inside- and maybe you could tell us your name? I'm Ton Ton by the way," he gestured to Cadolbolg and followed up, "And this is my brother, Cadolbolg. Also, I apologize for yelling at you earlier. I suppose we all got off on the wrong foot with the rude awakening."

---

Angelus looked down at the "former" slimegirl, her immense head tilting in confusion as she regarded Hillary, "What on earth...?"

She took a hefty sniff at the strange red-scaled creature, and to her surprise - smelled herself! The dragon lifted a toe cautiously to inspect Hillary further, an expression of bemusement upon the dragon's face, "'Another' dragon...? Ah, you must have met my son, Cadolbolg. I think I recall speaking with you in my mortal form, Hillary."

She lifted her wing to let more of the sunlight in from above dance upon Hillary's new scales as she examined her, thinking aloud, "I understand that is a human's name, but human you clearly are not. What matter of creature are you that you can replicate the exact smell and texture of my scales... Caim, come gaze upon this."

Caim - who had felt a strange sort of disappointment from his fight being interrupted, turned when he was called. Sheathing his sword, the warrior wandered over to where Angelus and the draconic-Hillary were speaking, blinking in confusion at the sight. As he closed in, he crossed his arms and tilted his head, looking between the pair and shrugging, "Hillary, right? Angelus, we've seen this one change before- it's probably just like that, only with your scales instead of metal...though the fact that she *can* replicate it is interesting..."

Rather like Angelus before him, Caim leaned in to examine the strange property of Hillary's as well; eyes narrowing as he scrutinized each scale that made up her new form.

---

Teri gave Hillary a friendly wave before the shapeshifting slime girl went off to hug Angelus' leg, a small smile growing on the Cleric's face. Hillary was honestly one of the nicer people she had met on board - her disposition being something she'd liken to a sunflower; bright, open, and easily seen by all. As she watched Hillary carry on as she usually did, Teri couldn't help but muse, "What a sweetie pie..."

However when she heard the sound of the Reppuken Adel sent towards Leoric, her head jerked in the reaction towards the sound. At the sight of Leoric assaulting her once very cyber-ified patient Teri hopped on Garm's back and urged him towards the terrifying looking skeleton man. As the wolf charged towards Leoric, Teri's hands moved in strange and arcane waves, her voice taking on a sonorous quality as she incanted the spell. With a final gesture, a series of small blue lights appeared out of the aether, 10 in number, and began to spin around her head, almost like a crown. With a focused glare at Leoric, the Cleric pointed a finger at the undead king, the lights around her head shooting straight towards him.

Right before his mace could hit it's mark, he stumbled back when the weapon was seemingly shot out of his hands.
"What th-OW! Hey-OH! AH! Will you-OW! Now you liste-OW! I'M ON YOUR SIDE! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO KILL YOU BEFORE-AHHH! DAMMIT! RIGHT WHERE MY FACE WOULD HAVE BEEN!" He then protested as he was peppered repeated with holy bolts, each one causing his undead form to glow brightly as he used his hands to protect his crown from the barrage.

"No, no, no, NO NO NO NO! You aren't meant to show up now! Curse you! The Black King screamed as he faded from view, only to reform atop the burning transport, clearly irate over his lovely one liner being ruined by meddling kids.
"Oh, you think you can best me, child!? Or should I say....DEMONIC APPARITION OF BAAL-I mean-...wait, which one was the one who lied all the time again?...Belial! That was it!" He rambled for a time, followed by his best "Totally insane old man" impression.

Teri elected to ignore Leoric's ramblings, instead dismounting from Garm to look over Adel. While the winter wolf stood his ground and growled at the undead king, Teri began chanting another series of prayers, laying a hand on the young martial artist as she finished with a punctuated, "Panacea!"

A golden light bloomed around her hand, before entering the martial artist's body, the young Cleric's lower lip worried as the healing energy surged through him, "Come on...hang in there! Don't die on me!"

Teri cast Darts of Life (a 5th level spell) and Panacea (4th level).
Darts of Life creates 10 glowing lights around the caster's head, each able to heal 1d8 points of damage. In Leoric's case, because he is undead, it *damages* him instead.

Panacea is a powerful healing spell, which restores a small amount of HP as well as wipes away a number of rough status conditions. Adel heals for 19 points and is cleared up of (most) potential status conditions.
Time till next 5th level spell: 12 seconds
Time till next 4th level spell: 12 seconds

Origin Plains

Akasumi gasped deeply as her eyes opened. Something had happened. She had been one minute under contract to try and entertain and keep an eye on the guests of the dawn, but it's been a weird past few hours. She'd been stuck somewhere inbetween here and... well... not here. She had been using a disguise to hide her identity from the crew of the dawn during her employment and deployment to it. Unfortunately, 'repspawning' on the origin plains had removed her disguise, leaving the woman in a white blouse, black skirt, black stockings and high heels. What this didn't hide however were her distinctly Japanese facial features and her long hair, the insane length down to past her rear. For those familiar with those employed to the dawn, the outfit was one seen prior about the ship but the person in it would be recognizable to only those who had existed in this world for a long time.

Seeing several people outside the ship and thusly some sort of fight occured between some guy... and someone she recognized as... Adel? She had come this far and was about to blow her cover by starting to pull off crazy combatant abilities, that and whatever just happened was leagues above her current abilities. Deciding to try and make herself scarce in this instant, Akasumi began to walk towards the ship as if nothing was rong, keeping her nerves calm and making herself try to look as natural as possible. Reaching the side of the dawn, she opened one of the doors and began to step inside, a goal of making it to the brig to "keep an eye out for any prison break attempts." or so she would claim if she was caught.

Table for Two
Nina's story

Origin Planes - Outside the Hanger of the Rising Dawn

Hillary didn't flinch as Angelus' massive head drew closer to her, her own scaly smile greeting Angelus' curious inspection. Hillary's tail adjusting as the dragon's toes lifted, keeping a comfortable position as she giggled at the rushing air blowing passed her as the dragon sniffed her. "'Another' dragon...? Ah, you must have met my son, Cadolbolg. I think I recall speaking with you in my mortal form, Hillary."

The reaction Angelus would have expected wasn't the one she received, as Hillary tilted her head in confusion. She would look across the grassy hills, still seeing Cadolbolg flying a distance away talking with Diana, releasing her grasp of the leg with one hand to get a better angle. "He is isn't he, but then that means..? You're Angelus!" She gasped turned back to the gigantic face, hugging her leg again and papping at it affectionately.

Hillary would squint briefly as the sun danced across her body, the dulled scales oddly showing several nicks and scratches across her body. The locations would be off, but Angelus would realize these markings were also mimiced from her own body! "I understand that is a human's name, but human you clearly are not. What matter of creature are you that you can replicate the exact smell and texture of my scales... Caim, come gaze upon this."

Hillary would rotate around the dragon's leg, and coming to a rest on Angelus' foot. Oddly, Hillary didn't slither like a snake but more like a treadmill. The contact just moved along her skin, like someone rolling a wheel, the difference made more clear since Hillary traced one hand on the leg as she rotated around. "Human? Hillary's never been that. I'm a Slime." Hillary explained as she looked up to Angelus and waved a winged hand at Caim as he approached. "I don't know why Hillary does this, but she's done it ever since she left Garton." She said looking down at herself and noticably taking in her appearance like it was the first time. As it'd been described before, Hillary was entirely scales; her body, hands, hair flills, eyes, tongue and even the deepest parts of her throat were all scales. Everything was indistinguishable from Angelus', even the scar tissue speckled across her body was similar to the damage battles past had left on his wife."This is new though, Hillary's never quite looked like this, Ms Angelus must be quite a special dragon~" She said sweetly.

It wouldn't be long after that the explosion and sounds of battle range out, causing Hillary to stand up straight, the more decorative scales around her scalp area lifting up in surprise! "What was that noise?!" She exclaimed looking at the hanger's direction and seeing Leoric. "AH! It's the weird floaty man from before, but he's got the lady's stick and... even her crown!" She pointed as she moved back behind Angelus' leg, subconsciously protecting herself from the fire even if it was a considerable distance away.

The Escapist Avatar Adventures | Child in Chains | Some Freaky-Ass Jungle on Shuwa
"Treasure? I like treasure. Let's get me some treasure!"
B.C.

As B.C. stood there in the dense brush of the forest with her hands on her hips and staring at the "Shuwan" woman that was her companion, the response she got to her earlier question of where she needed to go to get off of this rock didn't improve her mood. In fact, the bland expression on her face transformed into a glower.

"You want to... leave Shuwa? Far be it from me to stop you, but it just seemed odd to me. Most people spend their life trying to get on Shuwa is the thing."

"That's right, I want offa this planet, because I didn't even come here by choice in the first place! I was at a party last I remember, and I was about to crash it with this other chick who actually seemed to get me, unlike the rest of the others there!" she told her, before shaking her head and turning on her heel, "Whatever, I'll find my own way."

Giving Syl a backward wave without a backward glance, she started to make her way back the way they came. After all, if she knew space pirates, the best way to find them on a planet was to follow the loudest noises. The fact that they were being chased down by laser-breathing Mahnamahnas would make it even easier. Syl's parting words about a vessel touching down to rescue them was also encouraging, but it was her next words that had her pause.

"If that is your wish then I will part with you here. I plan to journey to the core of Shuwa and claim whatever treasures this terrible planet hides in it's mysterious depths."

Treasures. That piqued her interest. B.C. liked treasure, but the way Syl phrased that left it incredibly vague and open to interpretation. Did she mean classic treasure like gold and jewels, beautiful and scantily-clad people? Or something more abstract like knowledge or cultural artifacts, lost advanced technology, or even some kind of magical macguffin? Regardless, it was bound to be treasure to someone, and that meant that she would be delighted to keep it from whoever that someone was. So, schooling her expression into a mask of mild concern, she looked back and called over to her.

"Treasure, huh? You know that that sorta stuff is usually guarded pretty well, right? Like, to the point that those Mahnamahnas would be a joke by comparison. That's not including other treasure hunters." she said.

After a moment, she gave a grudging sigh as she started to follow her, inwardly chuckling at the idea of using this chick for her own gain. The expression she pictured Syl would have at her sudden but inevitable betrayal only made her more giddy.

"Guess I ought to tag along after all, because you'll need some muscle if you're going after treasure." the Convict told her, letting the smallest smile spread on her face as she hefted one of her MP7's.

Rising Dawn: Brig: The Artists Formally known as The Bernstein Cartel

"-Just do it already."
"I'm going to do it!"
"Then why haven't you done it?"
"Al, if I don't take the glass out right, your body will heal over it. Do you want to have a shard of glass in your eyeball? Do you?"
"..."

Wesker stood still, cleaning off the dirt and blood from where his face met a metal wall while Cortex picked his glasses out of his own eye.
"Alright, removing it on 3...1-"
Wesker shouted and shuddered in pain when Cortex attempted to surprise him, making him kick the wall from pain and leave a large indent of his boot against it.
Once his uncontrolled spasms were over, he winced before muttering "...T-thanks..."
"Thank me next time by not picking a fight with the people who can kill us..." The short scientist remarked while Doom enjoyed a frozen yogurt ("It's called a Fro-gurt!") and Bruiser silently knelt in the corner of his cell, gazing at himself in the mirror.
So many years of scars and memories, his wounded arm, the burn marks, his time locked up under Armstrong.
All of them just-...gone...

That would be something he would need to fix.

Wesker was less then impressed with Bruiser's actions, less out of his views on the Machoke's new beliefs but still wishing he could have punted that damn swordsman one more time instead of him.
With the swelling on his face starting to fade, he spat some blood into the sink before asking "...Why were we outside anyway? I doubt it was something planned."
"Ahh...you know how much this damn ship screws with space-time. Maybe one of those imps turned a toaster into a time machine or something..." Bison chimed in, though quickly realizing that his "Friends" weren't exactly fond of hearing his voice as much these days. (What with him being the reason they were all here).
"...Yes, the demonic staff in the canteen managed to trigger a space-time event with a toaster, good one..."
"...Well, I mean-...if I had enough time, I could try an-"
"Oh shut it you Simpson's reject..."
"OH YOU KNOW THIS IS A MEDICAL THING!...Asshole..."

Life for the Cartel went on as they bickered and fought over petty things, you know, like most prison inmates but not Bruiser.
Instead, he backed away from the mirror before noticing someone coming inside the brig.
"...Guys, we have guests..."
"Oh about time. Those guards were taking forever to get Doom's order..."

Origin Plains: Rising Dawn Hallways: Mio

While everyone else was trying to get to the bottom of this mystery, Mio was realizing just how empty and lifeless the entire ship seemed to be now that the staff were gone.
And they didn't seem to be the only ones.

All over the ship, the AIs Dimitri, Vermillion and Viscus worked to keep all the ship's systems running but since they landed, it appeared that something was wrong.
The displays by the doors and on the walls for the AI's to communicate with the crew were replaced by a strange error warning.
It was a looping message in a droll tone by Viscus, muttering the same message over and over again.

[Attention: Captain's Emergency Override Code has been activated. All digital services have been suspended by executive action. All non-vital processes have been halted. Contact your local administrator for further instructions. This message will repeat...]

As annoying as that might be, imagine how annoying it is when every single one of those displays are showing the same thing.
And saying the same thing.
And all while staring at you.
Dammit, where the hell was the off button?!

[1] "I'm Dio!" Reconstructed Yayoi Period "Japanese"

Origin Planes
Diana

Diana shook her head with a slight smile playing around her lips. "I can't turn into cupcakes. Or anything else that's not living. I can only turn into possible or impossible living creatures.

And my name is Dr ... Diana Black. Cadolbolg and Ton Ton." She nodded to both of them. "I agree that we should get inside. I'm not too fond of those boring planes in any case. ... Apology accepted. All of us do not seem to know what is going on, and ..." She pointed over to the strange skeleton fight. "Some don't seem to take it as well as other. I have no interest in fighting right now. Let's go."

She stepped forwards towards the Rising Dawn, looking out for Ton Ton and Cadolbolg to not be left behind. In the same way, she tried to read their minds - general thoughts and feelings to fill her mind with the thoughts of others instead of her own.

Mio

Mio had left the planes as she woke up, getting back to the Dawn and trying to find her way back to the room where she had stood when everything changed. It was quiet, dark, and more than a bit creepy, though that did not stop her from searching - and possibly getting lost in the hallways. B.C. seemed to be completely missing from the outside and the inside, which made Mio worry. The only reasonable person on this ship, and they had vanished without a trace.

And apparently she just had her old things back: Cutlass and daggers. Not quite the right weapons for a futuristic airship. But maybe she could do something with ... all the screens were blinking all the time, repeating the same message and it slowly begun to annoy Mio. At least until she finally stopped for a second and looked, her eye immediately falling on the words 'Captain', 'Emergency', and 'Override'.

She touched the screen, and felt around a bit, trying to find buttons that did anything. She also said loudly, hoping the screens would talk back to her: "This is Captain Mio Kaizuko. Can you hear me? Override to me. I am a captain. Where can I find this local administrator?"

Origin Plains: Rising Dawn Hanger/Origin Plains: Adelheid Bernstein, Teri, Torment X Leoric, everyone else

Steam still hissing off his old bones from the holy magic of Teri, Leoric soon realized her game when she healed Adel, prompting the young Bernstein to shudder and gasp as he went from dying to not dying far faster then he was used to.
"YOUR DEMONIC SPELLS WILL NOT HALT ME, FALSE CLERIC!" He barked before slamming the hilt of his mace on the ground, causing a number of spirits to emit from his body.
Each one stuck the hanger floor before about 10 skeletal minions started to form both inside the hanger and a few of them even on the plains outside.
The bulk of the energy went to a single skeleton, one that appeared to be faster, stronger and apparently in charge of the lesser ones.
"FETCH ME THEIR BONES OR SO HELP ME, I'LL MAKE YOU WISH YOU COULD DIE AGAIN!" The King ordered as he slowly started to leave the area, phasing though the wall en route to his next victim.
With a mad cackle, Headcleaver raised his sword, prompting the others to do the same before they charged to attack the nearest living creature.

While they weren't exactly hard to beat, Headcleaver was hoping numbers could help turn the tide of battle.
With inhuman speed, he phased his way up onto the Hanger's catwalks before beginning a ritual, mimicking his lord's tactics as more skeletons began to form...

Origin Plains: Rising Dawn Hallways: Mio

The display blinked for a moment as Viscus stared at her, almost like someone in a hostage video would.

[ID confirmed. Proceed to Secure Administrator Area 01 to obtain clearance for executive permissions.]

The screen updated with a handy map towards the main server farm most of the ship's systems were stored.
Getting there was the easy part, the challenge quickly became clear once she was inside.

The room was spotless and deathly silent, nearly all of the computers and other devices she didn't know the names of stuck on stand-by mode and more interestingly, she saw that Android armor from the display.
He was laying on the ground, frozen in a "Flying" pose akin to a display figure without it's stand attached, like it was shut down mid-flight.
Deeper into the server farm was 5 confused looking Skeletons, taking turns to randomly press buttons at the main console while Their leader attempted to make sense of a "Spell Tomb"/Technical Manual their King gave them.
The "Sealing Spell"/Captain's Emergency Override Code kept both the systems AIs and the rooms defenses offline while Leoric's minions "Disabled the Enchanted Runes"/Disabled the computers, though if they were able to talk, they would confess they had no idea what they were doing and how massive their collective Skull-ache was.

As a result, a few of them seemed a bit relieved when Mio was brought to their attention, tearing bones out of adventurer's bodies was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much simpler to understand...

Table for Two
Nina's story

Table for Two
Nina's story

Pages PREV 1 . . . 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 . . . 815 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist: