The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 . . . 814 NEXT

[1] Might as well shorten it to that, makes it easier

Table for Two
Nina's story

The Rising Dawn: Medical Bay
Hillary the Slime | David West | Jenny | Violet

As the cabinet shattered under the weight of the colossal skeleton, a portion of the wood's framework slammed into the back of Hillary's head. The metal 'TANG' was loud and distinct against her metal body, but as she looked down she would see a label for 'Pt Implant storage' followed by an oddly shaped metallic half ring?

As she was informed on just how dire their situation was, Hillary couldn't help but look scared. Not for herself, the skeletons clearly appeared to be unable to harm her. It was everyone else, they were so exhausted and in pain, she wanted to help them but she wasn't a fighter! She didn't know the first thing about actually fighting! Clearly they didn't even know how she worked either, 'picking' when did she ever have the luxury to pick a form? But for her to help them the way that she could, they would need to help her help them.

"All I know is Hillary's gotta help make sure you all get there safe. Hillary can help you after that, but you gotta help tell her where to go and how to do it. I don't know how to fight, but I can make sure she's always in between all those mean guys and you!" Hillary informed them, reaching down and picking up the package with the metal ring inside. "Also give Hillary more of these if you see them, I can only be materials I'm touching." She'd then rip it open and swallowed the glory of PLATINUM!!!

Although Hillary's appearance wouldn't change overly much, she'd regain the mirror like appearance she once had from Rugal's apple, her hair would have ringlets close to her head. What was different was the now staggering weight Hillary had at her disposal, weighing in at an insane 2,956lbs or 1341kgs. The floor actually bent under the sheer weight.

Once she was pointed in the right direction, Hillary would speedwalk at top speedwalking speed. She'd exhale moments before impact to remove her air chamber within her, and went through the skeletons like tissue paper! They'd try to slash her, but unlike last time, she just plowed straight through them!

The Rising Dawn: Hallway outside Armory

"...God, I know we don't exactly talk as much as should but...thanks. " When this over, I owe you a church." David half-prayed as Hilary began to charge though the skeleton filled hallways, breaking bones (literally) before they crumbled to dust.
Now, they would get back up but it'd take some time before they'd be able to reanimate from having their skulls crushed between a hard metal wall and Hillary's shining Platinum form.
Hell, even Violet was starting to be useful as he aided an exhausted Jenny in her wake, rooting his pockets, jacket, in-lining, pants, cuff-links and basically anyplace else you could have jewelry.
"Alright, uhhhh, I got some Diamond, bit of Amethyst, I got Gold but you don't want that. uhhhhh, Ah! Platinum. Just-errr-am I going to get it back or-"

David then snatched the Platinum rings, earrings and so forth (basically a lot more platinum then a doctor like him should have on his person) right before casually lobbing them ahead of Hillary, letting her absorb it as she marched to the Armory.
Due to the unusual needs of the Rising Dawn, it was mishmash of both modern tactical weapons and magical swords.
But what was much more notable was the several Skeletal Archers who were running about the place.
They HAD come here just to nick some arrows from the ship's supply but they found themselves far more engrossed by the modern weapons (Even if they had NO idea how to use them).
Hillary's massive form made their entrance rather loud and startled them as a result.
{Wh-WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?}
{DEMON! KILL IT! KILL IT!}

Their inhuman crackling halted before one of their rank leaped up on a table, a strange Golden Aura about him before he rallied his troops and fired a (rather impressive) triple steel arrow shot at the door where our heroes were busting in from.
Before long, a barrage of arrows and REALLY poorly aimed lead started to rain in their direction.
"Oh great, they got here first...Hillary, try and draw their fire. I'll aim for golden boy over there." He said before returning fire, being careful both not to hit Hillary but not to touch her either, least he ruin her current form.
Violet meanwhile hung back while Jenny attempted to regain her Psionic Power (or if you feel like being really technical, PP)

The Rising Dawn: Server Farm
Mio

In the moment of hesitation, Mio looked around, then jumped back. The skeletons were gathering, one of them grabbing something that looked awfully close to a gun (Why there was a shotgun inside a glass for emergencies instead of a fireaxe was anyones guess). This seemed to be the one most dangerous for the time being, the others slowly and clumsily trying to find their own places, admittedly all around her.

She decided to charge at the one with the gun, though taking her time until he was ready to shoot and the other skeleton ready to jump on top of her, then she slid beneath one of the other, confused skeletons legs as the shot went off, hitting the jumper mid-air. Swinging herself upwards, she then just grabbed the gun out the hands of the one confused about shooting one of his own people, swung it around, then pulled the trigger, aiming at the heads of the remaning skeletons, until the magazine was empty.

After dealing with most of them, she walked up to one still 'alive' and whispered: "Here's a secret. There is a skeleton inside me."

[1] While the usual Dark Barrier is about the size of a hand held shield, the CGI KOF Anime showed him making Reinharte-sized barriers while maintaining it's reflective qualities. So assume that's what he has now.

Mio | Viscus

{...}
The skeleton didn't speak per say as he stood there shaking with fear, but the way his jaw just fell off the bottom of his skull said it all before he just flat out *fainted* on the spot.
The skeletons she had bested soon crumbled into the dust, including the one that fainted, as they would return to their dark master and most likely get killed again, this time FOR incompetence rather then because of it.
Now that the invaders were dealt with, she would be able to reactivate the Rising Dawn's computer systems and, more importantly, the security systems.
It wasn't even all that hard to do, the computer would scan her hand before everything soon began to come back to life.

That (Deactivated) killer android she passed on the way in quickly flared back to life, using it's hover jets to quickly upright itself.
[Scanning for hostiles: ....Area Secure.] Viscus barked before lowering his weapons and returning to the console.
[The one known as King Leoric managed to access a emergency debug shutdown command and input it before I could detect his location. You have my thanks for your assistance, User: Mio.] He thanked her, albeit his tone of voice made that part sound almost sarcastic.
Manning the console, he unfolded a spike from his wrist before plugging himself in, finishing off the repair job as well as reactivating the ship's camera's.

The situation was a bit dire as dozens of skeletons roamed the hallways like a zombie infestation (Then again, Zombies can't reconstruct themselves nearly as well...)
While he was scanning for Leoric's current location, he did pick up Hilary and David attempting to fight a well armed band in the ship's Armory.
[Users: West, Hilary, Violet and Jenny are attempting to re-secure the ship's weapon supply. I'll have to stay here to safeguard the system. Without it, we'll never be able to locate the enemy. If you have any requests for my services, let me know.] He said as he resumed his search, seeming somewhat confused that a skeleton as massive as Leoric was that hard to find...

The Rising Dawn: Armoury

Perhaps David was still so hopped up on pain killers his mind was playing tricks on him, overcompensating for what was really happening in reality. The only real heavy impact was the very first one, to which Hillary would actually recoil at how easily she smashed through them. What proceeded after would best be described as the fastest disarming raid to have ever existed, as Hillary was literally ripping any implement the skeletons had on their person like taking candy from a baby.

Any warrior of merit would be utterly humiliated to have their arms of war removed, to have it bitten through, spat out, and tossed aside was a disgrace, but to be picked up and hurled down the hallway was completely demoralizing. This is the situation the skeletons faced, an unstoppable juggernaut that wouldn't put them out of their misery. Only to prolong their suffering as the group continued."GO AWAY!" Hillary exclaimed with a booming voice, taking in air long enough to get out that simple command as well as swallow the bits of platinum she'd picked up from Violet.

---

"Eek!" Hillary exclaimed as the fancy electric arrows darted towards her, quickly ducking back around wall. "Oh great, they got here first...Hillary, try and draw their fire. I'll aim for golden boy over there." Mr. West would instruct her, while Hillary nodded furiously, the little hamster in her mind working overtime today.

What was she supposed to do, how're you suppose to distract thingies that just wanted to big meanies!? If she just walked in there the big scary sparky one would shoot her with its fancy arrows. David wouldn't be able to tell where Hillary was looking, mirror like eyes after all, but neither would the skeleton that was attempting to sneak up on the group from around the corner from where they'd came. Wielding a large warhammer, it would attempt to bring it down on Jenny and Violet, only for Hillary to reach out and grab it. Before the skeleton could realize he should probably let go, Hillary pulled the skeleton up and over the group as she reformed her voice box again. "Hillary told you to go away, but now I got an idea! You will help Hillary!" She said as she strolled into the armoury room.

Try as the skeleton might, it wouldn't be able to break out of Hillary's grasp as she held him up by its forearms. "Waaaah, you will listen to Hillary and stop trying to hurt the nice people of the ship here! Wooooooo~" Hillary shouted, waving the skeletons arms around like a puppet. If the skeleton struggled, Hillary would more than likely break an arm unintentionally, which would cause her to yelp and throw the arm away.

Table for Two
Nina's story

Table for Two
Nina's story

Mio

"Hey!" Mio said, nonchalantly sniffing the robot that just woke up and spoke to her from her own actions. "It's good that you are taking care of the safety of this ship now. Construct, do you accept me as your new captain?
Also, should you know where the old useless captain is, could you tell me where?"
She placed her hand on its shoulder.

"The situation has grown quite dire and I would hate it if anything would happen to this beautiful airship and its treasures. I can take the responsibility the old captain couldn't, as I have enough experience to serve a crew several times over! Anyways, why don't you answer me?" She gave Viscus a broad smile, and winked with her one eye.

Mio

[...]

If a expressionless face could emote, Viscus would be glaring right at Mio even harder then he usually does.
[The acting captain, User: Rugal Bernstein would have to approve and sign off before you can be designated captain. Forging User Signature now...Processing...]
Before she could even asked what happened, a nearby contract began to print out from one of the nearby terminals.
The contract pertaining to becoming Captain of The Rising Dawn was a massive tomb of legal jargon and technical terms that were unlikely to have existed back in Mio's world.
Thankfully, rather then force her to read all the terms and conditions, Viscus was kind enough to instead give her a "Sign here" page before adding [In order for this provisional contract to be legally binding, I must recite the remaining 234235 pages of the contract to you-]

Viscus then began to speak so quickly that Mio couldn't make sense of it, right before finishing with [-Recital complete. User: Mio has been legally cleared to become captain. All captain protocols unlocked. Request my presence at any of the terminals on the ship and I will assist. Now, return to your mission of securing the vessel while it's still intact. I will keep this room secure.]
He then got back to his vigil, keeping his sights trained at the door into the Server farm while the computer began to run both auto-repair on the ship as well as scanning for King Leoric's current location.

Meanwhile, on the security screens...

"...Oh you're joking..." David groaned when Hiliary tried to reason with the undead skeletons.
It did work for a moment, least in the sense that they stopped what they were doing as they tried to figure out what SHE was supposed to be doing.
{HEY! PUT ME DOWN YOU HORRIBLE DEMON!} He pleaded, shaking and trying to break from her grasp while his friends reacted accordingly.
{SEE! SEE! I TOLD YOU THEY HAD TRAINED DEMON LAPDOGS!}
{IT HAS KENNETH! JUST HOLD ON FRIEND! WE'LL GET YOU OUT OF THI-}
Johanys (That was the name of "Golden Boy") didn't really care too much as Hillary found her hostage suddenly pelted with arrow bolts in the face before fading into dust in her arms.

{OH MY GOD! HE KILLED KENNY!}
{YOU BASTARD!...Wait, aren't we already dead?}
{WELL-...Yeah...but THAT REALLY HURTS! SO IT'S STILL A JERK MOVE!}

The golden one merely motioned to the others to attack again, least before David nailed him in the skull with his magnum.
Rather then the skull exploding boom he was hoping for, the bullet merely made Johanys stumble a bit, the Former Royal Archer holding his head in pain.
With a roar of anger, a sudden surge of electricity arced from his body, running along the floors, the walls and anyone unlucky enough to be in their way.
His forces retreated to cover, as did David as he muttered "Okay...That's a new one."
Violet was actually helpful as he said "I-I-I-I know this. It's an old demonic enchantment Kazuya tried to have me put on APCs. Every time that one is struck, he'll release a powerful current in all directions. The harder the impact, the greater the reaction."
"Oh great...Alright, how do we beat it then?"
"Oh, that's not the hard part. The reason that project went nowhere was because it didn't increase the durability of any person or object enchanted and caused a massive around of frien-"
"That's not what I asked, Doc!"
"Beat him like you would anyone else! Just be careful, the closer to the subject's destruction, the more intense the reaction! HILLARY! HE'LL LIGHT UP EVERY TIME YOU HIT HIM SO WATCH OUT!" Violet warned before Johanys began to take aim at her again, static flowing off his body while his men started to open fire again, not wanting to end up like poor old Kenny...

[1] Reworking that "Running out of energy" concept so it's more based off what he does rather then how many posts he's in. Rule of thumb, the more he does in a post, the more energy he loses I.E. He'll lose between 20-40% from the remaining travel to Rome alone.

[1] Video Link. Notice how he manages to move fast enough to not be visible to the human eye.

Hillary held her unnecessary breath as she waited for the group of skeletons to accept their surrender and apologize for their misdeeds. "Ya, you tell your friends Mister Bones." Hillary encouraged her boney friend as he chattered to his compatriots. "Maybe tell them they can put their- LOOK OUT!" Hillary exclaimed as the volley rocketed towards her and Mr Bones, turning around to try and block as much as she could from the helpless skeleton.

Most of the arrows peppered Hillary's back, but Johany's arrows still found purchase and crush Kenny's skull into dust. "Aaah! Mr Bones!" Hillary exclaimed as her skeleton started to crumble in her hands. She wouldn't have long as David's gun made her jump followed by the skeleton screaming, figuratively of course! Preoccupied with her fallen acquaintance, Hillary wouldn't have enough time to get up much less escape the oncoming blast of electricity. "Aaah!" Hillary yelled in shock and surprise, cowering as the encroaching sparks charged her way.

As Hillary took the impact, she stood there for a short time more, stunned as she electricity passed through her. Or perhaps it was confusion, as she looked down at herself, then over at the electricity that continued on. Unlike everyone else, Hillary seemed unfazed by the current, and considering her material it wouldn't be hard to see why. Platinum is in the same group of metals as copper, perfect for transferring electrons and with Hillary's size, doing so without melting her at the same time.

So as Violet shouted to Hillary to explain the terror that was that energy surge, she just glared at that mean ol' nasty skeleton that'd hurt Mr Bones. "Hillary's not gonna let you hurt anyone else! You're going on a time out, and... and... she's gonna take that plinky thing away!" She proclaimed, clearly not used to battle banter. She would start to approach the crowd of skeletons, holding onto the mace's striking implement in one hand while cradling Mr. Bone's crumbling remains with the other. She used the mace to block some of the arrows that came towards her, oddly pretty accurate at this!

Mio

"Sweet." Mio said shortly. "Now, my first order, first mate, is that you announce that I am the new captain. And that I will head to the canteen to welcome the crew! I will also keelhaul anyone who does not agree with me being captain. Off I go!" She gave a small wave to Viscus, then picked up her things and left the room.

Mio headed straight to the canteen, though occasionally she stopped and asked a terminal for the right direction. If she came across any skeletons, she walked past them, asking them if they were part of the crew. If they said yes, she offered them drinks at the canteen, if not, she demanded they leave the ship at once. However, she did not start a fight, instead making continuing her way.

There, she kicked open the door, and gestured towards the room before doing a bow. Loudly, she spoke: "I have rightly taken over this ship! I am your new captain! You can decide to follow me, and dispose of these skeletons, at least the hostile ones, or you can leave! This is a crisis situation, there are no third options! Get to work!"

The Rising Dawn: Canteen
Mio

Despite the state of crisis, the ship was still pretty peaceful.
Leoric's mad minions were still around every corner, sure but Mio didn't have too many issues getting to the canteen.
Once she got there, that's when the trouble began.
Rather then the rest of the ship's crew, she was greeted with more Skeletons, this time sparing in a turf war with the Imp culinary staff.
This would have been a dangerous conflict...if anyone involved knew even a single thing about fighting.

I mean, sure they were taking turns to throw pots and knives at each other but their aim wasn't amazing (And they always scrambled to pick up "Ammo" after each volley).
They barely even noticed Mio as she walked towards the bar, too busy fighting for the passage to the kitchen and "Mount Condiments".
Even Viscus's announcement over the intercoms did little to halt the intense battle.
*Bing Bong* [Attention all crew: There has been a change in command. User: Mio is now the acting captain of the Rising Dawn. Effective right now, You report to her. She is currently in the Canteen area to provide drinks to the crew and to quote "Keelhaul" anyone who might have a problem with her new position...]

The dull tone in Viscus's voice managed to get the message across the entire ship: Mio was the new captain.
And because she had asked for her position to be relayed to the crew (Least that's how her request was worded), Everyone on board knew.
Including-

"Captain..." A raspy dead voice barked as a sickly green glow filled the room, followed by the specter of Leoric emerging from the floor nearby.
He towered over her in his wraith form, eyeless sockets glaring down at her as his minions quickly dropped what they were doing and bowed near him.
"I heard you achieved a promotion. Congratulations. My forces control this flying vessel. They think I've lost my mind but I know what's REALLY going on here. The question is: What do you know? And do I need to "Keelhaul" you to find out. You have an audience with the Skeleton King. Make the most of it..." He threatened, right before his spectral form suddenly became very real while his minions backed him up I.E. Attempted to look as threatening as possible.

...One of them did seem to want a glass of Milk if she was serving any.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 . . . 814 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.