The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 NEXT

The Rising Dawn: Medical Bay
Hillary the Slime | David West | Jenny | Violet

Thankfully for our smiley friend, the Skeletons located inside the ship were too busy trying to kill the remaining crew to bother her at this time.
A fair bit of racket and gunfire could be heard coming from the medical bay, a group of Skeletons attempting to batter down a strange impassible barrier that had formed at the main entrance.
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T MIND CONTROL THEM?!"
"THEY'RE SKELETONS! THEY DON'T HAVE BRAINS! THERE'S NOTHING TO CONTROL!"
"THEN HOW THE FUCK IS THAT JOFFERY PRICK (Leoric) DOING IT!?"
"CAN YOU YELL ANY LOUDER, THE BOTH OF YAH?! MY HEAD DOESN'T HURT ENOUGH ALREADY! FECKS SAKE!"

She could just about hear the trio of Heroes trapped inside, Jenny keeping a barrier up, David clinging to an IV drip for support/firing his pistol at a seemingly endless swarm of incoming skeletons from the side entrance.
Violet meanwhile was cowering under a Auto-Doc, muttering "There's no place like home! there's no place like home-" and being about as helpful as he always was.
As their maces and blades bounced harmlessly off the barrier, the Skeletons backed up only to notice Hilary, cackling to each other in unintelligible screeches.

{Look! The Enemy is here! GET HER BONES!}
{...Does she even have bones? She doesn't look human...}
{You doing to disobey the King! Because I'm not getting fed to the hounds again!}
{But he said "Fetch me their bones". She doesn't have bones...does she?}
{Only one way to find out!}

And with that, 3 of them began to charge at Hillary, swords drawn at they went to slash at her.

Hillary would reflexively cover her ears upon hearing the vulgarity coming from the trio behind the barrier, her still grassy hands making a swoosh sound as she did so. Despite this, she was still glad that they were okay, scared but okay. "Ah! Hillary was told to come make sure everyone was okay! Help should be coming!" Hillary called out to the group behind the barrier.

With her only material contact being the metallic floor underneath her, her conversion rate wasn't overly quick. Lucky for her the skeletons' little group huddle was ample time for her body to fully transform into a metallic version of herself, oddly looking a bit angular in comparison to her more softer features. Unlucky for her, transforming into a harder substance wouldn't remedy Hillary's completely abysmal combative skills. As such, when the skeletons finally decided to charge at her, the only thing she managed to do was put up her arms in a pathetic attempt to protect herself.

CLANG! CLANG! Scrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Two of the skeletons hit shallow, one hitting Hillary's temple, denting her eyebrow to the point the edge of the blade was a mere hair's length from touching her eye, the other slamming into her forearm which caused similar damage. The third however managed to hit paydirt, slamming hard into her collarbone area, causing enough impact to reach the air chamber within Hillary's chest. With the sword needing to only slice through a relatively thin section of metal, the sword would manage to cleave through half of Hillary's chest before it finally came to a stop. The prior two impacts would only aggravate the problem more as the skeletons' weight pushed the tear even further, causing Hillary's upper torso and right arm to bend inhumanly backwards and hit the ground hard with another ringing clang.

For Hillary's part, she was unable to make any sort of cry of pain or anguish, the three behind the barrier were smart enough to know vocal cords need some sort of diaphragm to function after all. She appeared to still be conscious, the arm connected to her upper body moving to try and prop herself up. It appeared she hadn't fully understood recognized her current position, nor did she notice her bottom half falling over and bonking her head into the ground in a morbid show of black humor. After a few more seconds of floundering on the floor, Hillary in her entirety would melt into a singular pool of liquid metal on the floor.

The skeleton's might be disappointed in not finding any bones within the odd humanoid, at least they could celebrate a successful defeat of an enemy. As long as they didn't continue watching Hillary's 'corpse' as the metallic puddle began to quickly pull itself back together and reform.

{See? No Bones!}
{Awwww, dammit. I thought I would have gotten promoted by the King}

The Skeletons seemed a bit let down by how quickly Hillary was "Killed", she didn't even drop a white item on death!
{Alright, show's over. Get that damn barrier down.} One of them commanded as they attempted to use a nearby cleaning trolley as a battering ram.
Grouping up around it and putting their shields on it, the skeleton muttered {Okay on 3...1...2-}
{HIGH FUCKING HEAVENS! LOOK! IT'S NOT DEAD!} One of them pointed out, nearly making the crowd jump out of their skin (Or the skin of their teeth anyway) as they noticed Hillary reforming.
{What the Burning Hells is that thing?!}
{Oh no...w-what if it's a demon?! I was killed by a demon, I don't want to die again!}
{You can't die again! And it mightn't be a demon! I heard the king call this one a-....Al-leon?)
{...What's an Al-Leon?)
(Wait, did he say that thing wasn't a demon or was that just what kind of demon it is?...}

The group went silent after that statement, glancing at each other as their bones trembled and clattered in growing fear.

"Hillary, listen. Once I give the signal, you need to run in here right now as fast as you can." Jenny's voice spoke to her as the skeletons noticed something far more hazardous to their undead lives.
{WATCH OU-OOOFF!?}
The Reflect barrier suddenly rushed towards them, making a bone sandwich with the hallway wall full to the brim with rather stunned skeletons writhing in vain.
"GET IN! NOW!" The Gardevoir shouted, straining a bit from how long she had to keep that barrier up before now.

Gunfire still rang out as David kept his vigil, despite being on more painkillers then blood at this point.
Violet meanwhile-
"AHHHHHH! SHOOT IT! SHOOT IT! SHOOT IT-"
"It's just Hillary! Don't just stand there! Help her!" The Irishman before peppering the staff entrance to the medical bay with his pistol, keeping the un-ending hoard of skeletons at bay.

Hillary's head was only partially formed by the time Jenny contacted her, while her arms had only just separated from the rising torso, looking more like drooping lumps than proper finger digits. 'That was that dress lady? She sounded close?' She thought as the mound swayed back and forth, clearly unable to speak at the current moment. Regardless, while Jenny waited for the right moment to signal her, Hillary would shift to the side getting within a few meters of the hallway's wall.

When given the signal, Hillary would scoot along the ground on her quickly dwindling pseudopod. She looked largely human now, looking far more solid but still a bit melty. Her ankles were still in the midst of forming and she didn't appear to have any facial features, but otherwise she looked to be back to her normal. Steadfast, she continued forward, actually a bit too forward. She would continue straight down the hallway, not taking the direct path as she hugged the wall and disappeared behind the door frame; the clanging footsteps of her hardened soles ringing out as her pseudopod finally disappeared allowing the trio to hear her approach, at a speed walk.

Soon enough Hillary would then breach the doorway, her face finally now visible, a great deal of happiness across her visage upon spotting them. Seeing just how many skeletons were trying to assail the group from the side caught her off-guard. The odd man shouting and pointing at her didn't help either, causing her to double take, and see nothing. David would rectify her confusion as he chastised the doctor, allowing Hillary to reform her voice chamber with a large yawn. "Thank you for helping Hillary but I'm alright! Hillary was more surprised than hurt when those skeleton people attacked her. The big mean ghost made all of them, but she hadn't seen this many before! I want to help!" She informed them. [1]

[1] Could I get a bit of a description of that this place looks like? What stuff's around? That sort of thing?

"Good to hear. Just wish I had something to tell you outside of "Don't let the skeleton's kill you"..." David muttered as Violet FINALLY made himself useful and pushed a heavy cabinet in front of the entrance he was shooting at, giving them a moment of peace.
It was a short lived one as a rather large skeleton warrior was able to bash the cabinet out of the way, least before he got one right between where his eyes used to be.
"I-I need to keep this barrier up. Barricade, ngh, they won't work for long against these things..." Jenny explained as nearly 10 skeletons tried to push though the doorway only to get smushed up against the barrier like wild animals against a glass screen.
"We aren't going to be able to maintain a defense of this area for long. We'll need to get to the armory. It's room layout is far more defensible and that's where all the big guns are."
"Wait, what if they got there first? Then we'll be slaughtered by skeletons with guns instead of swords!"
Looking rather pissed off at that attitude, David limped over to the "Doctor", holding his IV stand like a walking staff before explaining "Look at this way, you'll die faster from a bullet then from a blade, right? Win, Win."

Turning back to Hillary, he then said "Do yourself a favor and pick a form with a lot of metal. I'm still shot to shit and Jenny is way too exhausted to fight. You're going to have to take point. You know how to fight? If not, you better learn now."
Cracks started to appear in Jenny's barrier while David suppressed another attempt for the invaders to break in.
"I mean, if you have another idea, now would be a great time to let me know."

[1] Might as well shorten it to that, makes it easier

Table for Two
Nina's story

As the cabinet shattered under the weight of the colossal skeleton, a portion of the wood's framework slammed into the back of Hillary's head. The metal 'TANG' was loud and distinct against her metal body, but as she looked down she would see a label for 'Pt Implant storage' followed by an oddly shaped metallic half ring?

As she was informed on just how dire their situation was, Hillary couldn't help but look scared. Not for herself, the skeletons clearly appeared to be unable to harm her. It was everyone else, they were so exhausted and in pain, she wanted to help them but she wasn't a fighter! She didn't know the first thing about actually fighting! Clearly they didn't even know how she worked either, 'picking' when did she ever have the luxury to pick a form? But for her to help them the way that she could, they would need to help her help them.

"All I know is Hillary's gotta help make sure you all get there safe. Hillary can help you after that, but you gotta help tell her where to go and how to do it. I don't know how to fight, but I can make sure she's always in between all those mean guys and you!" Hillary informed them, reaching down and picking up the package with the metal ring inside. "Also give Hillary more of these if you see them, I can only be materials I'm touching." She'd then rip it open and swallowed the glory of PLATINUM!!!

Although Hillary's appearance wouldn't change overly much, she'd regain the mirror like appearance she once had from Rugal's apple, her hair would have ringlets close to her head. What was different was the now staggering weight Hillary had at her disposal, weighing in at an insane 2,956lbs or 1341kgs. The floor actually bent under the sheer weight.

Once she was pointed in the right direction, Hillary would speedwalk at top speedwalking speed. She'd exhale moments before impact to remove her air chamber within her, and went through the skeletons like tissue paper! They'd try to slash her, but unlike last time, she just plowed straight through them!

The Rising Dawn: Hallway outside Armory

"...God, I know we don't exactly talk as much as should but...thanks. " When this over, I owe you a church." David half-prayed as Hilary began to charge though the skeleton filled hallways, breaking bones (literally) before they crumbled to dust.
Now, they would get back up but it'd take some time before they'd be able to reanimate from having their skulls crushed between a hard metal wall and Hillary's shining Platinum form.
Hell, even Violet was starting to be useful as he aided an exhausted Jenny in her wake, rooting his pockets, jacket, in-lining, pants, cuff-links and basically anyplace else you could have jewelry.
"Alright, uhhhh, I got some Diamond, bit of Amethyst, I got Gold but you don't want that. uhhhhh, Ah! Platinum. Just-errr-am I going to get it back or-"

David then snatched the Platinum rings, earrings and so forth (basically a lot more platinum then a doctor like him should have on his person) right before casually lobbing them ahead of Hillary, letting her absorb it as she marched to the Armory.
Due to the unusual needs of the Rising Dawn, it was mishmash of both modern tactical weapons and magical swords.
But what was much more notable was the several Skeletal Archers who were running about the place.
They HAD come here just to nick some arrows from the ship's supply but they found themselves far more engrossed by the modern weapons (Even if they had NO idea how to use them).
Hillary's massive form made their entrance rather loud and startled them as a result.
{Wh-WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?}
{DEMON! KILL IT! KILL IT!}

Their inhuman crackling halted before one of their rank leaped up on a table, a strange Golden Aura about him before he rallied his troops and fired a (rather impressive) triple steel arrow shot at the door where our heroes were busting in from.
Before long, a barrage of arrows and REALLY poorly aimed lead started to rain in their direction.
"Oh great, they got here first...Hillary, try and draw their fire. I'll aim for golden boy over there." He said before returning fire, being careful both not to hit Hillary but not to touch her either, least he ruin her current form.
Violet meanwhile hung back while Jenny attempted to regain her Psionic Power (or if you feel like being really technical, PP)

The Rising Dawn: Server Farm
Mio

In the moment of hesitation, Mio looked around, then jumped back. The skeletons were gathering, one of them grabbing something that looked awfully close to a gun (Why there was a shotgun inside a glass for emergencies instead of a fireaxe was anyones guess). This seemed to be the one most dangerous for the time being, the others slowly and clumsily trying to find their own places, admittedly all around her.

She decided to charge at the one with the gun, though taking her time until he was ready to shoot and the other skeleton ready to jump on top of her, then she slid beneath one of the other, confused skeletons legs as the shot went off, hitting the jumper mid-air. Swinging herself upwards, she then just grabbed the gun out the hands of the one confused about shooting one of his own people, swung it around, then pulled the trigger, aiming at the heads of the remaning skeletons, until the magazine was empty.

After dealing with most of them, she walked up to one still 'alive' and whispered: "Here's a secret. There is a skeleton inside me."

[1] While the usual Dark Barrier is about the size of a hand held shield, the CGI KOF Anime showed him making Reinharte-sized barriers while maintaining it's reflective qualities. So assume that's what he has now.

The Rising Dawn: Server Farm
Mio | Viscus

{...}
The skeleton didn't speak per say as he stood there shaking with fear, but the way his jaw just fell off the bottom of his skull said it all before he just flat out *fainted* on the spot.
The skeletons she had bested soon crumbled into the dust, including the one that fainted, as they would return to their dark master and most likely get killed again, this time FOR incompetence rather then because of it.
Now that the invaders were dealt with, she would be able to reactivate the Rising Dawn's computer systems and, more importantly, the security systems.
It wasn't even all that hard to do, the computer would scan her hand before everything soon began to come back to life.

That (Deactivated) killer android she passed on the way in quickly flared back to life, using it's hover jets to quickly upright itself.
[Scanning for hostiles: ....Area Secure.] Viscus barked before lowering his weapons and returning to the console.
[The one known as King Leoric managed to access a emergency debug shutdown command and input it before I could detect his location. You have my thanks for your assistance, User: Mio.] He thanked her, albeit his tone of voice made that part sound almost sarcastic.
Manning the console, he unfolded a spike from his wrist before plugging himself in, finishing off the repair job as well as reactivating the ship's camera's.

The situation was a bit dire as dozens of skeletons roamed the hallways like a zombie infestation (Then again, Zombies can't reconstruct themselves nearly as well...)
While he was scanning for Leoric's current location, he did pick up Hilary and David attempting to fight a well armed band in the ship's Armory.
[Users: West, Hilary, Violet and Jenny are attempting to re-secure the ship's weapon supply. I'll have to stay here to safeguard the system. Without it, we'll never be able to locate the enemy. If you have any requests for my services, let me know.] He said as he resumed his search, seeming somewhat confused that a skeleton as massive as Leoric was that hard to find...

Pages PREV 1 . . . 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here