The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 . . . 815 NEXT

The Rising Dawn: Armoury
Hillary the Slime | David West | Jenny | Violet

"Oh, Pffff, don't worry about it. I might like my high end fashion as much-... well actually quite more, then the average human but I enjoy not dying above all else. Seriously, don't worry about it." Violet warmly answered, even if he did shudder and retch slightly picking them back up.
Rather then try and put them back on, he glanced around for a small plastic bag to put them into so he could repair/dispose of them should he get out of this alive.
David meanwhile was starting to get more and more alert, that episode of his seeming to have passed as he went to each of the weapon lockers and pulled out everything he thought would be of use.
"Alright, I suddenly like our changes a lot better now..." he remarked as he pulled out a number of firearms and proceed to put as many of them on his person as possible.
Pistols in his belt, rifles hanging from his neck and shoulders, a sub-machine gun tucked around his lower back, the works.
After all, better to keep the weapons with the group then leave them for the skeletons.

"Okay, once everyone is ready, we'll start pushing for the bridge. Move and shoot, don't let them bog us down or we'll get surrounded. J-J, you good?" He asked as the Gardevoir had a Lemonade and recovered a little.
"Yeah, I'm fine. We should try and cut though the personal quarters on the way over. There might be some crew still around we could link back up with. I'll keep my senses open for them and ping them if I sense them." The Gardevoir remarked, right before David threw a flak jacket at her.
"Good plan, just tell them we aren't waiting up." He warned, prompting her to shake her head a little as she put the armor.
"Well, if you wish, we could split up-"
"Jenny, everyone knows this is the part of the movie where the people who do that DIE! To hell with that!"
"Alright, alright...Lets just enjoy the peace then...Here, Hillary, have some of this. You earned it."
Defusing her own idea, she then handed the Slime a can of "Hoenn Springs Lemonade", It was like 7up but far less soulless and bland.

Table for Two
Nina's story

With Violet forgiving her for damaging his rings, Hillary's mood brighted again. She was shiny, sitting next to Hillary eagerly listened to the group conversing, still retaining her platinum form while she still held the broken knee replacement in her hand. The idea of finding those that might still me on the ship excited Hillary, earning an approving nod as Jenny suggested it. This was soon stopped as Violet injected some very vital logic to the situation, separating now would be extremely dangerous.

"Hillary still hasn't seen Miia yet, she didn't seem to be in the planes outside the ship either. Maybe she's still in her room..." She responded to the brainstorming until Jenny offered the can of lemonade.

She hadn't ever seen a can before, not like this however. Taking the can into her hand, she spin it around curiously. "Hoenn Spring Lemonade? That's so very nice of you Jenny thank you!~ So... food is inside this, and Hillary needs to get inside it?" She peered at it for a while longer, noticing the tab. "Hmm..."

Despite the logical method of pulling the tab to open the can, Hillary simply pressed her platinum finger straight through the relatively fragile can. The sound of tearing metal was undercut by the sudden spray of pressurized liquid that splashed onto Hillary's face causing her to drop the knee replacement joint. In the ensuing domino effect, Hillary's body started to shift to the floor's material, having lost her platinum state with no platinum touching her. Without thinking, she jerked the can up as she attempted to grab the platinum again, only to get more lemonade on herself, enough in fact for her body to start liquefying. Soon enough, Hillary was sitting on a translucent, yellow pseudopod of lemonade with a nearly empty can of lemonade still in her hand. Her hair looked to be some odd look similar to Lisa Simpson's, like some sort of lemon hair. Within her liquefied form, Jenny could see the airpocket where her lungs could potentially be, slowly shrinking whenever she spoke only to inflate again. It was odd that she didn't appear to need to breath, but given Hillary's biology that certainly wasn't the weirdest part about her.

Looking over herself, she stuck her free hand into her mouth and her eyes widened. "Mmmmmm... This is delicious! Hillary has never had lemonade before, but this is very tasty!" She exclaimed, removing her hand and for a very brief moment it appeared like her fingers had disappeared, but only to return. "Thank you for sharing with Hillary!"

Table for Two
Nina's story

"....Man, that's such a trip to watch." David remarked as Hillary went from being pure metal to pure lemonade in the space of a few seconds.
"You're most welcome Hillary. Now, we should be moving off now. They'll come for us again." The Gardevoir said as she on the flak jacket and begun to lea-
"Whoa, wait, where are you going?"
"I know you mightn't agree with me but if there's someone still on board, I'm their best chance of getting back to the rest of us safety."
"Oh come on, J, don't make me the bad guy here..." David pleaded, having already found her dead body before[1] and not being exactly keen on finding it again.
"I'm sorry David but I can't just leave them behind, not without at least saying I tried everything I could."
"Wait-....oh shit!" Violet cursed once he remembered someone he was hoping to not have to remember again: "The Cartel! They're all still in the brig!"

"Oh you are fucking joking! After everything they put us though, you want us to rush in and save them?!" The sniper protested, about as excited by that prospect as you'd expect.
"Oh, I wasn't worried about saving them! I was worried that they might use the confusion to slip away! Hell, Cortex once built a inter-dimensional communicator using a public payphone!"
"Then maybe they could figure out a way to get rid of all the skeletons!"
Clearly conflicted by the change in plans, David rubbed his temples for a moment before muttering "Alright, alright! Two groups, one checks the personal quarters, the other checks the brig. Jenny, keep us in contact at all times. I'll take the Brig. Hillary, which group you want to go with?"
She could either go with David to make sure the bad guys they spent all that time and energy locking up stayed locked up or go around the crew quarters to see if there was anyone else left on the ship.

[1] The start of the Angel War, right after New York was hit.

The Rising Dawn: Server Farm
Mio

"If you are a skeleton king, why do your skeletons just do what they want - I don't serve milk! Or anything for that matter!" Mio responded, looking fearless into Leorics eye sockets. "You clearly have no control over this vessel, or anything. And knowing what's going on isn't going to help you anything if you are not doing anything with it."

She took a step forwards. "So, you know what? I'm restoring order to this place, and I will show you how to command your skeletons correctly, and you tell me what you think is going on. Then your title of skeleton king will make much more sense. And you could even help me restore order. You know, what reason should we even have to fight? This vessel clearly has enough space for all of us. You just stop terrorizing the poor imps here, then we can make a deal, okay?"

Table for Two
Nina's story

Table for Two
Nina's story

The Rising Dawn: Canteen
Mio | Leoric

"Ohhhh, you think me some fool?! I've slain you and everyone on this ship time and time and time and TIME AND TIME AND TIME AND TIME AND TIME AND TIME AND TIME AND TIME AND TIME AGAIN!!!" The Skeleton King barked, slamming his mace into the ground every time he said that damn word.
Leoric shivered with rage and frustration as his minions slowly backed up, while he didn't have true discipline over his men, he did have fear. LOTS of it.
"No, Young Captain. You know not what transpires here. You th-think you can bring order?! None of this matters! Any of it! I kill you! You defeat me! I bring you into my cause! You seal me away! BUT! NOTHING CHANGES! This vessel is cursed with demonic magic you can't even comprehend! YOU HEAR THAT?! I'M ONTO YOU! YOU WILL NOT KEEP ME TRAPPED IN THIS DAMN LOOP! I HAVE BESTED THE PRIME EVILS BEFORE AND YOU WILL NOT BREAK ME NOW!" He begun to shout, pacing around the room as if someone was listening.

His breath(?) shuddered a little before he craned his head back to Mio, scoffing as he added "Ohhhh, you think I'm mad don't you? Y-you always do! But I have proof! PROOF! I-i-i-i remember! I can recall events that have yet to pass. Like the foreign doctor sending her thoughts into your mind! She'll speak of escape and tell you that the arbalest wielder (David) is securing the prisoners. I know! I've seen it before! And she'll do it right about..."
An uneasy silence filled the area as even the Skeletons seemed a bit un-nerved by Leoric's behavior. (One of them did take the chance to raid the breakfast fridge for a milk carton)

"...
...W-wait for it....
...Now!"

"Attention anyone who can hear me. We're going to try and make our way to the bridge so we can get out of here. Regroup as soon as you can, those skeletons will overwhelm you otherwise. David is going to head to the brig, I'll be in the living quarters. Meet up with one of us as soon as you can."

Right as Leoric predicted, Jenny's words begun to sink into Mio's head matching his description disturbingly accurately.
"SEE!? SEE?! Y-you heard it right?! You believe me, don't you!? Y-you didn't think I was crazy the last time I told you this!" The Crazy King barked in an almost desperate manner, almost hoping up and down as his skull shook like a bobblehead.

Table for Two
nina's story

"The one thing that stands out to me about Miriam the most is her endless compassion. She has a unique way of putting herself in someone else's shoes. It really stands out, almost like she's desperate for people to like her."
- Teresa Goldhollow

Miriam stood silently before Nina and Philip for a time. The azure sand blew around them like a swarm of locusts. There was a gentle sweetness to the air they touched, a lingering taste of the dreams that they gathered. Miriam answered Nina in a soft, almost motherly voice, "Anazorzia is sick. The worlds so haphazardly sewn together are coming apart at their seams and not because of some event that you or I have caused, but because the world has reached it's limit. I killed the Matron because it was necessary.

There are things that my younger selves do not tell you, either because they do not know or because of selfish reasons.

I built Anazorzia with my younger selves to create a world that was a mirror of our home. Unlike the first of my paintings, it would be a world of disparity, of conflict, and through the contrast of colors it would become beautiful in its fleeting nature.

For a time, it worked. Anazorzia was all that I could have asked for. Yet as we continued to weave this place, my younger selves grew greedy. Each of them created new worlds to add to my painting. Their disregard for balance left Anazorzia in flux. Each color radicalized and cannibalized everything around them until there were no grey spaces.

Instead of working together to make something new, my younger selves had cut out pieces of my painting to call their own. For a long time I acquiesced. I spent eons in silence, holding my painting together in the face of their infighting.

Several cycles ago I decided that it was enough. It had come time for Anazorzia to die. We needed to move onto a new painting. A new work. Our world had grown stale, inaccessible, and masturbatory in its routines. The worlds that my younger selves tried to add were worked in with much difficulty, forced into places where there was little room. They conflicted each other in their laws of nature and overwrote the authority of one another.

Yet, when I did so my younger selves stopped quarreling among themselves for the first time since creation and stood against me. They did not believe in the truth that I spoke and instead sealed me away in a tomb of my own creations. They took the weight that I bore and forced it onto one of my oldest children, and bound her with ancient sorcery to the very fabric of Anazorzia.

They believe that even if I could break free of my prison, I would not have the heart to kill my first friend.

They were wrong. Yet, the karmic destiny that my daughter carried made it difficult to kill her. It was difficult to wholly remove her from the painting. For that purpose I required a special tool that did not exist in Anazorzia. So when I broke free of my prison, I kept hidden, pretending to be in bonds so that I could move against the precautions that my younger selves had created.

I weakened Anazorzia's defenses to the outside, enticing as many outworlders as I could with the treasures of our cobbled painting.

And they came. Many at first, but then the number of visitors dwindled. I set upon Ensay a madness to research the outworlders in order to discover the means of their travel. Ensay sired many children with the blood of the outworlders and upon them he researched the nature of their spark.

Of them all only one held that ephemeral nature to traverse worlds. That daughter did suffer greatly for my purposes. And from her body I was able to see and reproduce the same manner of ability in my servant. My servant left this world for the realm of my most abrasive sister and retrieved from her the blade you see before you. And through my servant I killed the first of my children to set the events you have witnessed in motion.

It is of this matter that Anazorzia is no longer a place for any person, it has become corrupted by the hedonistic tendencies of not only my younger selves, but of their haphazard creations. Lust and gluttony run rampant in the world. Humans are bred and consumed as both toys and livestock. Things refuse to die.

The natural order of this painting is in this way disrupted.

To maintain this realm is to enable their rampant perversions, doing a disservice to all that lives within. The beings born of the Anazorzia you see today are imbalanced, created by amateur hands and a representation of adolescent dreams. You of all people should understand the necessity of removing such ugly things from a painting."

Miriam finished speaking and brushed her hair to the side with her right hand. She looked toward Nina, but those pools of liquid gold seemed to peer through her. The azure sand grew still.

"You talk like you're the original goddamn Miriam Lockstar, Green," Black growled. "I was so fucking sure that the killer was the weird human girl that showed up uninvited, but after all this it's you. I thought I left you rotting in subspace outside of Anazorzia."

"It makes sense that it was Green." Blue said quietly. She hid behind her taller, darker self. She was still wearing the white-gold chef's uniform she had donned to work in the kitchen.

"If ya knew, then ya shoulda said something you big-breasted idiot." Red was standing next to Black. Now that they could see Red and Blue side by side, Red was definitely more muscular than her more bookish counterpart, though the two looked nearly identical.

"That's not nice." Blue said meekly.

White was farther behind them, her petite form protected by a teenage girl dressed in black ribbons.

"Honestly, all of you are idiots." Cuelle said frankly. "I can scarcely believe that my world is run by a group of such irresponsible gods."

"Oi, that's fucking rude half-pint."

Miriam snapped her fingers and Reign stepped in front of her, brandishing the golden sword. "I am more whole than all of you combined. I alone remember the painting before Anazorzia, and I alone am willing to burn away this rotting world."

"That's kind of out of character for you though... I always thought of Green as a sort of nurturing color." White said.

"No, Green is the color of nature. It is more hands-off than any of the other colors. Green represents the cycles of life and death as well as the facets of the natural world." Blue answered.

"Do not attribute me to such things as color," Miriam spat, "I am not like you. I am Miriam Lockstar, the Painter of Dreams. I am above such things as color."

"Besides, burning things is sort of my thing, y'know?" Red laughed. "It's too late for Anazorzia anyway, I say we drop the pretenses and just beat the shit out of Green while we still have a universe to exist in."

"Alright, let's do this. Just like last time." Black took off the ring on her middle finger and her headband glimmered to life. A giant slate tablet appeared behind her, inscribed with strange symbols. "One banishment spell coming right up."

Blue flexed her fingers and countless threads suddenly appeared from the shadows. Red stepped forward, creating fire from where she touched the fleshy ground.

White tapped the sides of her headband and began to radiate a gentle light. "I don't remember what I did last time, but... this feels right."

Miriam furrowed her brow in anger. Then she snapped with her left hand. The azure dust suddenly started to blow to the left in a whirlwind, sweeping the four Miriams behind Nina of their feet and slamming them against the wall. Miriam snapped again and the dust reversed, throwing the group into the right wall.

"Sealing magic is so much worse when you don't have the element of surprise, trust me."

The world spun around and suddenly everyone was standing on the ceiling. Miriam threw the group to the ground and flipped the world again. The dust glowed brightly in strands from her bloody left hand. The dust started to rush downward as gravity grew intense, forcing everyone but Nina and Philip against the floor.

"Try to understand, I am not Green. I am Miriam Lockstar," Miriam said slowly, "You are aspects of me, understand? BlackHarte abandoned me in the darkness. BlackHarte destroyed my world. All of your feelings are born from me. I am the artist, you are the creations."

Miriam walked forward, now she had let loose, her strength was beyond overwhelming. But she seemed fixated on the four girls plastered against the ground by her sorcery. "This hurts me so much more than any of you could know. The last thing I want to do is to be alone again. But every story needs to know when to end. Every painting needs to be finished. We must make room for new things to be created."

Miriam passed Nina and...

Mio

Mio observed Leoric and let him ramble on for a while before chiming in: "You are no fool, Leoric. I've experienced things much more dangerous than a mere 'time loop'. You can just sit this one out, maybe drink some tea, and let things run their course. Don't you see the opportunity? You have all the time in the world! Much more than you would have otherwise!

Anyways, you'll go mad if you just continue on doing the same thing over and over again. Just chill, relax, and we can work something out. Look, your skeletons might be a bit stupid, but I am sure they can still help out." She sat down and crossed her legs, observing Leoric all the while. "What do you even want to do? Slay me again? But why? What does that get you? What's your actual goal here? I don't have any riches on me. Just sit down, take a deep breath or whatever you do, and chill."

Mio | Leoric

"....I-.....I-...."
Leoric expected many things but-...this-...this was different.
His form trembled as he stood there, almost unable to process what he was hearing.
A few of his minions brought a chair over for him to sit-well, fall onto, before he slowly brought his hands to the sides of his head.
"I-I-....I just can't let them win again. Make no mistake, young Captain. This is no opportunity, this is-...this is a Trap! They last time the demons-...they turned my mortal flesh into this-...."Thing" you see before you...They couldn't best my spirit before so they-...just discard me into this endless cycle." The Black King explained, his hands shaking a little as he did so.
"...I don't know how many times it's been now. I don't know what to do to stop it. I don't know if any of this is even real! I don't know if you are actually trying to help me or-or-or a construct made by the Lord of Lies to ensnare me further...I just feel so-....so-.....helpless...." He practically sobbed but from the looks of things he was starting to finally calm down.
"...Forgive me, I-....I just don't know what to do any more...." Leoric sighed in a defeated manner, one of his helpers handing him a bottle from the bar with perfect timing before he poured the contents down his boney jaw.

"...You-...you mentioned things more dangerous then being trapped by time itself....what could such a thing be?..." The king then asked as many of his minions seemed to become calmer or at least confused by their kings sudden lack of bloodlust. (Bonelust?)

Table for Two
Nina's story

...Felt something grasp her wrist.

"That's enough." Nina said, not looking at Miriam for the moment, simply shaking her head in disgust. "We get it already, they stand no chance against you." Nina stated, looking back to Phillip who was in the process of setting Blue down to the ground.

His strength alone wasn't able to keep her from hitting the walls, but compared to the other three, Blue had been given a far softer treatment. Not that Phillip had made a big deal about doing so as he casually pulled out that jar of black eldritch ooze from his interior. The contents slowly sloshing around and pawing at the walls of the jar like some discount Venom.

"It just... it frustrates me that you've let this go this far. That you've gone this far! Every story needs to know when to end? Every painting needs to be finished? I can't even believe how full of yourself you are?!" She said sternly, letting go if Miriam wasn't going to keep advancing towards her creations. "Paintings can be finished without throwing them into the fire, stories can be written without shredding it upon completing it. And you forget the biggest point here!!" She thrust her arms towards Faea and Mnemonyse. "THESE AREN'T FIGMENTS OF YOUR IMAGINATION ANY MORE!! They're real people!" She shouted, frustrated at just how obvious this was to her.

"Faea's arm, Mnemonyse's life, The Matron's death that affected practically everyone in this universe! That is real pain you've caused because you couldn't be bothered to sit down and talk with the other Miriams!" Nina argued, sweeping an arm towards the other Colours. "No you took the easy way out of this; sit back, let things fester and when things got too much, when you finally decided to do something, you went with the most drastic option you could honestly do! No wonder they acted the way they did to you, you were taking away everything they'd ever made, that they felt they'd put all they had into. Of course they'd fight back!"

"You said that I'd understand removing the 'ugly parts of a painting', that it was necessary. You couldn't be more wrong. Allowing those amateur hands to create and show their work to the world allows them to learn, allows them to grow. Being locked in here for so long, they haven't been able to have that step, nor have you been the one to help give feedback so that they could maybe grow as a creator! I've certainly gotten it, tons of it, and I'm a better artist because of it. Even Phillip's not perfect because "Huh?" even though I feel he can cook with the best of them from such a young again "Naturally." he still needs to learn about plating, which might not be part of getting the food in someone's belly, but it sure as hell matters if he wants to become a chef Gordon Ramsey's would appreciate! "...She's not wrong..."

"And that's not even getting into a gigantic pet peeve of mine. Too many times I've seen artists go back into their archives and destroy pieces that they'd done. It's the usual, not liking how their old stuff looks and that they 'need to clean things up'." She said quoting her fingers in the air. "But they forget the art they've sent out to the world, that's in their archives, isn't exactly their's any more. HeartGear put it very well when she said 'That part of you is stuck there indefinitely and as people come to view it, they in turn keep it alive as that art inspires new things." Nina said as she turned back to Phillip who was shaking that glass jar of his aggressively. "Phillip, can I have my tablet? "Ya whatever..." Thanks!" She said, grabbing it as Phillip popped it out effortlessly. "We all come from somewhere, it might not look the prettiest but it's also a means of new creators seeing that even the greats started out as stick drawing amateurs. This gave birth to this. Ibenz improved from this to this. And let's not forget the myriad of memes!"

"When I look at what's been made here, I'm not blinded by that utter contempt you seem to be so fond of. Sure it's got it's problems, but it's got its merits. What Faea's done with my clothing, the wonders, the lore. And that's just the surface. I've seen the monsters here, both the ones of this world, and the ones you personally have made. I'm not going to like everything that I find out there, and I can work to help change what I can. It's what I wanted to do when I thought Black was the one behind all this, let her have a long look at this, but now I get to have that conversation with you." She says as she waves the tablet.

And then she stopped, the flurry of words halted so ceremoniously. All those grievances, had been more of a pet peeve, something to chastise. What Miriam saw coming however was far more painful, what had driven Nina to push herself this hard to make it here. "But all that, all those reasons... I still don't believe that this has to be the end for Anazorzia, for it and its people, but what you've done to do this. That you would willingly inflict something so heinous on... these people. Do you not understand how... sinister Stardust is? How it slowly eats away at someone's very existence, but not only their's but anyone who's ever known of them?! To watch someone you love, who's been with you for your whole life, slowly just disappear in front of your face?!" Nina shook, holding her hat close to her chest. "It's fucking terrifying!! How it takes piece after piece, you think it's just a bad nap, he'll get better, and sometimes he might. But then one day you come to visit, and he just stares at you, happy to see a new person." Tears slowly rolling down her face. "When I was younger, I wondered why god would have ever made something that would take my Grandad away from me like that, he was supposed to be good, just, merciful. To cause that much pain flew straight in the face of that idea. And yet, here I am standing here today, in front of someone who somehow found a way to one up that bastard, and make Alzheimer's a family event!" She roared, glaring at Miriam. "You think it's merciful to sweep what horrors you rot under the rug because no one will remember it? Well I have news for you! You can take that mercy and shove it because I'm not going to stop until I know this nightmare of an ending will never get the chance of happening again!" She proclaimed defiantly, fully committed to the idea that if she couldn't take this stand against this amoral critic how could she hope to face her own maker if that day ever came. This wasn't just for herself, or for the people of Anazorzia, but the next Anazorzia. Erasing Anazorzia didn't solve the backwards logic Miriam harbored, and only meant that the next painting would eventually find a similar fate one way other another. People may think for themselves, but they also think for their fellow man, in the hope that in their time of need someone would step up to help them, as they did for them.

"I think... Hillary should go with Jenny. I want to see how everyone else is doing. She also didn't see Miia in the fields outside, so perhaps maybe she's still locked in her room?" Hillary asked back to the group. "But will it be okay for everyone to split up like that? Didn't you tell Hillary we should stick together?" She added, looking down at the scrapped mess of platinum on the ground. She brought her hand down to pick it back up, which she was able to do but with considerably more effort than what normally was needed. "I'm also not sure Hillary will be able to become shiny again from just this, not with how much lemonade is in me now. Unless, would you like to share some with Hillary?" She asked offering a hand up to the trio while she stuck her other hand in her mouth.

Although Hillary didn't explain it well herself, Jenny could easily pick up on the fact that Hillary was more than happy to let them have a sampling of her. David and his encyclopedia knowledge of the PCs would also have an idea of this, that not only was this not harmful, but actually beneficial for her overall health.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 . . . 815 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here