Original Character Battle RP Tournament - Anyone want to give it a go?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

How are we doing, y'all? Gonna make the deadline?

mshcherbatskaya:

Yeah, I reckon so.

mshcherbatskaya:

Yeah almost done, it's a little bit different than you may expect but I hope you don't mind.

Hey guys! So I did finish my uni thing I was working on, but I've been pretty writinged-out since (it was like 60 pages long, absolute monster) so I haven't made much progress with the fight. Are we willing to take a bit longer? Since only Zilla has submitted thus far it seems okay to me.

How much longer do you all need?

mshcherbatskaya:
How much longer do you all need?

I'm nearly done, so I'm good with whatever you decide.

Can you all have it done by the end of the month?

OK, judges! Looks like we got to the final round a bit early. Chris (tf2godz) vs Taiga (JoJo) - who is your winner?

mshcherbatskaya:
OK, judges! Looks like we got to the final round a bit early. Chris (tf2godz) vs Taiga (JoJo) - who is your winner?

A common theme of procrastinating is usually with these games. anyway would like to see the results. When do think the results will be up?

mshcherbatskaya:

I'm reading through the entries now. I'll give Msh my verdict before the end of the day, and criticisms for the end of the weekend.

OK you don't need to accept this, but I really liked the idea I had so I thought I'd spend the afternoon just now smashing it out in some form or another. Hope you enjoy :D

I think we can accept Thomas Barnsley's entry. I've been out of town but I will have my verdict on the stories by the end of the week.

I haven't heard from Khedive yet and I personally am very torn. Tf2godz,you REALLY need to get someone to proofread your stuff. Spellcheck won't catch grammatical errors and will sometimes substitute "pillows" for "pillars" (which was very confusing until I figured out what was going on.) That said, I admired the bravado of your story. JoJo, yours was much better on the technical aspects but it felt a little...safe? Even though I generally prefer more polished prose, I'm going to go with tf2godz on this one because I felt he took more risks. Doc Gnosis also voted for tf2godz so congrats! Tf2godz will be advancing to fight Thomas Barnsley.

Cool! Got any ideas for the theme of next fight yet? I'm personally keen for something futuristic, having already done something approximately modern and something more historical.

Oh well. If you need a third judge for the final round then feel free to hit me up, as I'll following the thread regardless.

mshcherbatskaya:
/

Sorry about that, I r suuck at spelin. anyway I'm looking forward to the final round

I think futuristic sounds like a great idea! Next fight happens on a Generation Ship! This massive ship has a miniature sun, a fusion reactor at its core, around which rotate rings of habitats. Unfortunately, our ship is no more egalitarian than the steamships of the 19th century. First class passengers live on the inner rings where it is bright and warm. Second Class is comfortable if not spacious. Steerage passengers survive the best they can in the cold, dark outer rings. But because this is a trip of centuries, First Class, Second Class, and Steerage become hereditary castes. The unrest of Steerage is kept controlled by the denial of water, oxygen, and heat if the outer rings become too unruly, but control is slipping.

Make full use of your setting, and remember, a pissed-off fusion reactor is nobody's friend.

A quick collab between me and Zilla to tie up some loose ends:

I'm giving you guys a month to write this. Get to it!

@JoJo - since Khedive Rex hasn't logged in since January, I am going to take you up on your offer to be the third judge.

It's been a month and a few days - are we going to finish this?

mshcherbatskaya:

give me a week have most of it done, sorry school was getting in the way

Sorry this took so long. Hope you like

mshcherbatskaya:

Sorry to say, but I might have to concede the grand final to tf2godz. I've left it too late and still don't even really have an idea for what to do. Thanks for organising everything though! It was a good time. Wouldn't mind judging in another game if that ends up happening.

Hi guys, sorry I let the time get away from me - I will get these read and judgement rendered.

And the non-existant trophy goes toooooo...Thomas Barnsley!

Tf2godz, may the Muses forgive you for your uncountable crimes against the English language. They probably will, mainly because your stuff is entertaining as shit once I figure out wtf you are actually trying to say.

I enjoyed the way you both Deadpooled your way through the fourth wall, but even with grammar aside, Mr. Barnsley edges out a win.

mshcherbatskaya:

Tf2godz, may the Muses forgive you for your uncountable crimes against the English language. They probably will, mainly because your stuff is entertaining as shit once I figure out wtf you are actually trying to say.

I enjoyed the way you both Deadpooled your way through the fourth wall, but even with grammar aside, Mr. Barnsley edges out a win.

Chris: I'm a bit curious, how did the other two judges voted?

Wait I thought you were dead?

Chris: you can't kill me, I have contrivance on my side.

mshcherbatskaya:

Awesome! It's a shame I never got to go up against NewClassic, he had very impressive writing so I think he stood a very good chance of beating me. Regardless, thanks for running the game, it was a good time. If there are any more games then I'd love to try my hand at judging :D

Regarding the vote, Doc Gnosis didn't get a vote in to me, but JoJo and I both voted Thomas Barnsley, which makes a 2 out of 3 regardless how Doc would have voted.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here