Haunted Grounds-Supernatural Rp Action/Investigation-Open Sign-Up/Started

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Been saving this kind of RP for awhile and standard rules apply to any RP, this is rated R, and is mostly free forum with a few moments of given choices or etc.

Below is the long story, but to sum it up,you wake up in a mysterious town and area surrounded by fog with usual things you'd expect. The weather is gray, the atmosphere is gloomy and odd if not strange sights surround the place. Others are around you as well, and eventually you all make it to the nearby bar/hotel as the only open building. Those that try to leave through the fog find themselves merely running back to where they came from, while in the bar the lady there merely tells you to wait until everyone has arrived or for you to order a drink and or breakfast. Wireless devices cease to work and the area is for better words a dead zone, and this takes place during modern times.

From here it's up to you people, after the first 3 people have been accepted I'll open up a thread for small time interactions and getting to know each other in the bar at the time. Dress warmly, and keep a sharp eye for the time. Is around his early 30's in appearance.

"The Angel's Rest"-http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.317168-Haunted-Grounds-The-Angels-Last-Rest-Closed-See-inside-for-details For chatting at home base, and has started off and you can rp in the town.

Looks like someone needs a bump.

I'll probably edit it.

TheIronRuler:
I'll probably edit it.

Providing it's ok with the GM and we both get in you want to set up a shared back story? Since our characters have their similarities.

avouleance2nd:

TheIronRuler:
I'll probably edit it.

Providing it's ok with the GM and we both get in you want to set up a shared back story? Since our characters have their similarities.

I think that the most reliable shared story we can have is you being the groupie of my band for a while. Other than that, nothing comes to mind. If you have a suggestion, say something.

You can indeed have a shared back story or relations of some variation if you want, by all means feel free to expand on either of your ideas, such as...
-Fran as an actor may have played a role in a movie/show that guest starred or had Malcolm in it, or had his band perform in for musical number made for the production.
-Met at a party for minor stars and etc.
-Or anything in general you wish
Asides from that both of your applications are more or less fine, but I'll be editing the Equipment and Skills/Traits to have a bit more gravity and detail so please be ready to revise or add on.

Raynoson:

Snip.

Thanks

TheIronRuler:

Other snip

Why would Fran be a band groupie when she can't even hear?
But the met at a party things sounds interesting since Malcolm seems to have fallen so to speak Fran could feel a sense of contempt for him as her career if just taking off, might be an interesting rivalry.
I suppose Malcolm could think Fran was his groupie or wanted to have sex with him or something.
Then again I'm kinda just waiting until he injects himself with her insulin and almost kills himself trying to get high.

I'd save the 'getting high' moment for when he needs to go on a frenzy. Probably when the Axe murderer starts running after us.
It can be done, we could have been acquaintances, meeting each other in the parties of the entertainment industry, though It's hard to imagine a rock musician and an actor in one party. It can be done, and I agree to do it with you. Injecting Insulin? That might be interesting.

TheIronRuler:
I'd save the 'getting high' moment for when he needs to go on a frenzy. Probably when the Axe murderer starts running after us.
It can be done, we could have been acquaintances, meeting each other in the parties of the entertainment industry, though It's hard to imagine a rock musician and an actor in one party. It can be done, and I agree to do it with you. Injecting Insulin? That might be interesting.

Sounds interesting but how about him thinking she's in love with him and the rivalry based on her growing popularity and his declining.

Ignore

avouleance2nd:

TheIronRuler:

Sounds interesting but how about him thinking she's in love with him and the rivalry based on her growing popularity and his declining.

He doesn't have lovers. He has groupies. And if you really wanted to be with him he would have let you in ages ago. Rivalry based around popularity... It's just that right now he is just a drugged up addict, he's no longer a rocker.

Ok never mind then it's late anyway so i'll think more on tomorrow.

Insulin +Druggy='s.... Enough said.

Interesting...if I may reserve a spot, that would be great. Either way, reservation or no, I will get a character sheet up when I can.

By all means, this isn't going to be starting up and up anytime soon and the number of players is not limited. To all who have already applied, monetary amounts and goods should be stated, I've changed it within the Equipment section.

This looks extremely interesting. Congrats on adding a new, fresh RP into the mix! I really want in on this.

Of course I am open to any criticism and suggestions. I just hope you like it!

While the idea isn't exactly new, I haven't seen any threads open that are doing this alongside the potential this holds in general. Anyways your application is just fine and is a fine example of minimum or so that should be done.
On another note people please refrain from the usual Mary Sues and variations, and for this game I don't think we can even have Trench Coats. I'll be posting the NPC thread that you'll see the most soon, and I'll post again when the thread for the small time RP in the bar is open.

The first # npc's are up and their appearance over in "The Angel's Last Rest" will be following alongside that shortly.

So if this just the sign up thread?

Sounds cool, I'll bookmark this and get back to it later.

Yes this is indeed just the sign up thread, with the "Angel's Last Rest" thread as the main RP hub, and I plan on adding a 3rd for interactions outside of the Hotel.

@My name is Fiction, glad to see another person signing on.

Noice, I'll get on to posting.

Okay the only real issue with your application is the entrance, you can state you awake in town at random, you can say he was driving around and then woke up in town in his car parked to the side, or say the car broke down and he went off to go back to the nearest town/gas station but woke up in the town center. The point of this is that no one is supposed to have any memory of how or when they arrived in town.

The car will not be able to function if you choose to bring it with you. You could still change gears and roll it around with help, any material you salvage from it, or trade/sold. Asides from that solid work and no real issues, feel free to begin posting over here http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.317168-Haunted-Grounds-The-Angels-Last-Rest-Open-sign-up-See-inside-for-details and good luck in your survival and absolution.

On another noted, I edited equipment again due to the fact I didn't consider peoples vehicles, and after asking the grandmaster high puba and my mighty oligarchy, they agreed to let people have their vehicles (personal transportation only).

Wow, this sounds pretty intriguing, expect a sheet from me soon.

Please wait until you get the get go from me to begin posting, and as standard rp rules apply, do not take control of NPC and their actions as such that would make them act out of turn. Asides from that your application is approved.
A friend of my notified me of a something I didn't see, you character can not have the whole "automotive million car deal" stick. It doesn't fit well with the money he has on person and the fact of the matter is it seems a bit too far fetched in this case. Please change to something more realistic and you can continue as you were.

Didn't mean to turn on god mode, trying desperately to flesh my character out, everything's revised now.

Don't sweat it, and good luck again, watch yourself at times and read slowly at times.

Had my first go at this Rp. Tell me your opinion about the first post, I'll adjust appropriately.

Please read carefully, I've already posted and made a statement in the thread.

Sorry. I'm outside the Inn. I'm certain I read desert somewhere in your dirst post.. Did you change it? Nevermind. I'm behind the Inn, leaning on the wall. There is no floor there. Notes? I'll change the post.

Face to the palm, no where is it mentioned we are n a desert, there was one person who stated the area the place was in but it was corrected as you are all in an unknown area with cloudy overhang, cobbled streets, and quaint buildings of simple stone, brick, and wood.

I just fixed it. Behind the hotel, on a patch of dirt. Is it fine?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked