Swordmasters: The Grandest Fencing Tournament (Interest and OOC)

Pages PREV 1 2

RuedyN:

leet_x1337:
And another actual knight. Knights, samurai, soldiers and MMO players - things are really heating up.

... My second choice was Rytlock from GW2, and Marth naturally.

There'll be other rounds if this works out. Veterans and newcomers accepted, of course. Maybe even an OC version. For now, I think it's better to just focus on what is, rather than what could have been, or could still be.

leet_x1337:
Starting with, who wants an exhibition match to show how the system works?

Sure I'd be up for that, although my wifi can be a bit unreliable I might have Ethernet again in a couple hours. Also anyone else concerned that Sephiroth may be a tad OP? I mean his Ultimate on its own is ridiculous, plus the whole "is a god" thing. Up to you of course, just voicing my concerns.

IFS:
Also anyone else concerned that Sephiroth may be a tad OP? I mean his Ultimate on its own is ridiculous, plus the whole "is a god" thing. Up to you of course, just voicing my concerns.

That's why I'm introducing a roll system - to balance out stuff like that. Besides, there are plenty of OP people in this - Meta Knight is banned at most Brawl tournaments due to his attack speed, Indrick Boreale has power armour, Youmu is nearly impossible to hit because she[1] moves too fast, and Vergil is...Vergil. If we just had straight battles of who would actually win with no randomness involved, we'd never get anywhere.

[1] This actually makes me feel slightly weird - Youmu is the only female member of this thread so far.

leet_x1337:
Geez, I didn't expect this many new entrants while I was out. Okay, processing...

Not G. Ivingname:
~Meta Knight~

Interesting take on how he'd feel about the tournament, though of course those who fall don't stay dead. But he doesn't know that, so props for the writing. Oh, and just so you don't get too complacent, I picked an agility hero as well. Just something to consider.

Of course. Still, of everybody here, only you and me picked anybody that is light on their feet (or has any right to be light on their feet) among giant sword swingers, a gun user bringing a knife to a sword fight, and a stone wall that relies on ranged fire attacks.

I am also easily the shortest fighting (barring possibly Orange) and the one with the weirdest body, so that should make things interesting.

leet_x1337:
snip

Hey, my first choice was Leonardo, but you said game-starts only, so I moved onto Link, but thought he'd be too easy to leave out all his sword stuff and go only for his toys,plus the whole thirty lives and time-stasis where ears get pierced thing, then Ryu Hayabusa, but there's too many full speedy characters out here already I thought, and finally I had Sanger Zonvolt, but you may or may not see the implications of getting a giant robot into this too...so I finally caved and picked Seph.

Which leads me to a question, which wasn't exactly answered last time someone asked it. Why VGs only? Besides the obvious reasons of someone bringing in Bleach-boy, son of ten thousands species, or someone like Kamina, who as I already mentioned, has a giant robot and the problems therein...

IFS:
Also anyone else concerned that Sephiroth may be a tad OP? I mean his Ultimate on its own is ridiculous, plus the whole "is a god" thing. Up to you of course, just voicing my concerns.

Same really could be said of most of the characters here, besides, the whole "is a god" thing, is technically true in some meanings, and the creators themselves have come out and said that they have no idea how strong he is, only that he's by far the strongest in the entire universe, so that's something too. Plus you've got Archer to balance this out, he's already killed Hercules six times, and that was before he even knew what was going on, what do you think's going to happen this time around? Besides Seph getting stronger as he goes on of course... Besides, his Ultimate has to last him this entire tournament, it's not something that resets each time, that'd be OP even for him.

Not G. Ivingname:
Of course. Still, of everybody here, only you and me picked anybody that is light on their feet (or has any right to be light on their feet) among giant sword swingers, a gun user bringing a knife to a sword fight, and a stone wall that relies on ranged fire attacks.

Given that there are people who actually do OnlyUseKnife in Counter-Strike, and that every fighter needs a joke character, I thought it was fine.

There's actually been some pretty good fan material made considering what it's actually like to be a silent protagonist, or have one around. Pity I've never seen any official media taking it into account, except maybe "Not a man of many words, are you, Doctor Freeman?"

Redryhno:
Which leads me to a question, which wasn't exactly answered last time someone asked it. Why VGs only? Besides the obvious reasons of someone bringing in Bleach-boy, son of ten thousands species, or someone like Kamina, who as I already mentioned, has a giant robot and the problems therein...

It keeps it simpler.

This is my first RP in a while. I've run a few on other sites, but not in a very long time. For now, I wanted to make sure that everyone knew or was able to easily find each fighter's actual ability set, and restricting the pool further to VG originals also helped simplify it a bit.

That, and the other reasons I mentioned work as well. If that's not an adequate reason for you, then I'm sorry, but that's pretty much all I can really say about it. Like I said, though, I might expand the pool to include anime or cartoon characters (or original characters) if this works out.

Edit: I've created the user group, but it's having trouble finding you...I changed it to 'approval'. It's here.

Redryhno:
Same really could be said of most of the characters here, besides, the whole "is a god" thing, is technically true in some meanings, and the creators themselves have come out and said that they have no idea how strong he is, only that he's by far the strongest in the entire universe, so that's something too. Plus you've got Archer to balance this out, he's already killed Hercules six times, and that was before he even knew what was going on, what do you think's going to happen this time around? Besides Seph getting stronger as he goes on of course... Besides, his Ultimate has to last him this entire tournament, it's not something that resets each time, that'd be OP even for him.

Hmm. That actually could make it more interesting. I thought it would only be once per battle and not once for the whole thing, but on the other hand...

leet_x1337:

Not G. Ivingname:

Given that there are people who actually do OnlyUseKnife in Counter-Strike, and that every fighter needs a joke character, I thought it was fine.

Fair enough I guess.

There's actually been some pretty good fan material made considering what it's actually like to be a silent protagonist, or have one around. Pity I've never seen any official media taking it into account, except maybe "Not a man of many words, are you, Doctor Freeman?"

[/quote]

Really?

I haven't seen any of it. Still, it has heard to have meaningful character interactions with a silent character in a text based RP.

Not G. Ivingname:
Really?

I haven't seen any of it. Still, it has heard to have meaningful character interactions with a silent character in a text based RP.

Captain SNES at least justifies it, though it does occasionally make life difficult for Alex. And yeah, I can see where you're coming from there as well, so.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked