[PDQ] Rise of the Divines: A Godgame RP - Interest Thread (Closed, Started)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The world of Oriscos has only been in existence for only about a thousand years, yet it has seen so much. The migration of peoples from this plane to the next, the creation of settlements, and the first steps towards technology. This worldseed has sprouted well, but has yet to fully blossom. This place may be full of life, but in terms of gods or other beings of power, it is barren; there are none to be seen. Soon that will change... The only question is, what sort of gods will rise up to make their mark on this young world? Noble champions of justice? Horrors that wish only destruction upon Oriscos? Incarnations of the elements themselves ready to show the might of nature? Or representations of the more... abstract aspects of life? That has yet to be seen. However, the distance between the future and the present is surprisingly small indeed. Oriscos is ready. Let the rise of the gods begin!

Welcome to Oriscos, the setting of this particular godgame. Oriscos is a worldseed of only maybe a thousand years, humans and other sentient beings have travelled through already in an exodus from other planes, but society is still small, there are no incredibly massive cities, at most there might be one or two cities of 10000 or so people.

Technology is fairly minimal, sort of a bronze age/agricultural age mix.

Other beings similar to yourselves have inhabited this worldseed, however most have moved on from Orsicos, searching for more powerful locales. There may be a few entities here and there, but they don't seem to interact with society for one reason or another. A map will be created once the game gets started.

But what about you, prospective player?

In essence, you are a minor deity, ascended mortal, newly formed spirit or some eldritch being that had wandered in out of the ether. Or perhaps something else, let your imagination run wild. Whatever you chose to be, you are free to do with you want with your newfound power. The game itself will be run using the PDQ system with a +2/-2 build.

Guidelines

Of course, standard rules such as no god-modding, no Mary Sues, GM's word is law, etc apply.

The Character

Other examples can be found from the previous game, here.

Game Mechanics

I'm looking for about 6-8 players (and maybe a Co-GM) for this game. Feel free to PM me about anything.

The Redactioning!

Will be posting the god of mischief once I get some free time.

Awesome, I will definitely have a sheet for this up by tomorrow at the latest. For anyone wondering I will be making a god of evolution/life (part of an idea I've had for a while now).

A sheet already? Feedback is needed then.

Arcanist:

No problems I can see there. Solid.

Notice

Skype is recommended as well since it is a very useful for communication. In the last two games, players found that they had technical issues with IRC and found Skype to be a better option. A Skype group will probably be created in addition to a usergroup.

This thread will be left open for at least a week for those who wish to join.

REVISED

Vanity Gods (disregard):

God of the Earth.

Now let's see how metal he can get. Eh? Eh?!

Suppose I'll apply to be co-GM too. Cause why not?

Behold! A sheet!

GM agreed to the conjoined twins idea.

This is my sheet, sorry if it's horrible. >_>

And yes, the picture is a humanized Magmar, because why not :P

Edit: Changed the backstory to that he hasn't been a god for a few decades, but just became one. That will get... interesting.

I'm not exactly sure on if our gods are supposed to have met mortals already, or if they have how long ago it was supposed to be. If they aren't then I'm more than willing to edit my sheet.

I am also open to criticism of course, and perfectly willing to make changes if needed.

Edit: I have made some changes in response to feedback, let me know if I need to make more.

Onward with the feedback. :D

EmperorZuma:

The only problem I see with this sheet is how the drawback is worded. It just seems... awkward to me. A much more clearer way to word it would to say that he is quite the obsessive preserver, or something like that.

Ruedyn:

Bad jokes and volunteering aside - thanks for the offer, but I haven't made my mind up yet - the sheet is okay. Just one question - would this suicidal, paranoid, earth spirit hermit just stay in his cave for the duration of the game? Oh! You guys are just coming in power now. Dominant powers are awakening and so on. You may have time for a stroll about the nearby locales, the whole world is pushing it a bit.

Pappytech:

Behold some feedback! Looks good to me, I can see fun happening with that drawback.

Asclepion:

How quaint. Seems alright, but the domain description is a little sparse.

drmigit2:

The only problem I can see here is the justification of applying that domain to anything 'because this/that is art/an art'. But bear in mind that making something 'more arty' doesn't mind making it better from a practical point of view.

HellsingerAngel:

A fine effort. But expect to bear the consequences if the other gods feel that your antics have gone too far.

Wenseph:

An interesting concept. The execution is sound.

DarkRawen:

You've made the edit, so the issues have been dealt with.

IFS:

See the underlined part of Ruedyn's critique. No other problems.

Now to just wait for a few adjustments and about a week for anyone else that wishes to apply.

Terratina.:
Onward with the feedback. :D

IFS:

See the underlined part of Ruedyn's critique. No other problems.

Now to just wait for a few adjustments and about a week for anyone else that wishes to apply.

Thanks for the feedback, I have made a few edits, let me know if I need to make more.

Edit: I suppose I'm open to being Co-GM as well, if you want.

IFS:

Thanks for the feedback, I have made a few edits, let me know if I need to make more.

No more edits needed, I think. Apart from the fact that Quas has already taken actions right off the bat. And thanks for the offer. Still need time to think about it though. :)

Terratina.:

EmperorZuma:

The only problem I see with this sheet is how the drawback is worded. It just seems... awkward to me. A much more clearer way to word it would to say that he is quite the obsessive preserver.

I attempted to edit to better phrase the drawback, but I have to admit, my understanding of what the drawbacks really mean is limited. My attempts to glean their meaning from the other sheets has only confused me further.

But to sum up what I'm trying to say in the sheet is that Archon doesn't like moving backwards, so he won't use that power to entropy.

EmperorZuma:

REVISED

That's a much more clear way of putting that drawback. The problem has been nullified.

IFS:

Same here, as well.

Terratina.:

IFS:

No more edits needed, I think. Apart from the fact that Quas has already taken actions right off the bat. And thanks for the offer. Still need time to think about it though. :)

Already mentioned to you on skype, but just so people here don't get confused I edited that.

Terratina.:
snip

Changed it to Visual arts. Hope that's okay.

Terratina.:
Snip

Say, you said there was a week for people to apply, right? Do you have a starting date as well? Or will you deal with that as it comes?

drmigit2:

Changed it to Visual arts. Hope that's okay.

It's a little bit more defined, so yeah.

DarkRawen:

Say, you said there was a week for people to apply, right? Do you have a starting date as well? Or will you deal with that as it comes?

Starting date will possibly be next Friday (12/07/13), gonna spend a day picking through the applications and writing up the introduction post. This interest thread will be closed next Wednesday (10/07/13), the main reason for that is that I feel it's fair to leave it open up about a week.

EmperorZuma:

Vanity Gods

Why? I understand writing sheets can be fun, but why?

EmperorZuma:

Vanity Gods

Why? I understand writing sheets can be fun, but why?

To be honest? I just woke up with the ideas in my head and felt they were worth putting down. I put them here in case I want to use them for something or for others to use if they wanted.

EmperorZuma:

To be honest? I just woke up with the ideas in my head and felt they were worth putting down. I put them here in case I want to use them for something or for others to use if they wanted.

Fair enough. Though there's only going to be about 6-8 character slots, so I doubt if we get to see them in action in this godgame. That is, if somebody doesn't nab 'em.

If this doesn't work, I get it. It's sort of dumb and maybe unplayable, but I think it could be really fun.

EDIT because the backstory before was awful.

EDIT 2 because because because

Part of me wants to bring a character into this, but I can't find a picture for either a pirate blacksmith, or a divine bartender.

Doc Gnosis:
Part of me wants to bring a character into this, but I can't find a picture for either a pirate blacksmith, or a divine bartender.

For the bartender, you could always google Dionysus, god of wine. I'm sure a good picture would come from there.

Doc Gnosis:

Have you tried DeviantArt? There should be plenty of pictures of blacksmiths and bartenders at least.

Here's a new god. I know better than to submit Ailish, so here's a booze god. I do wish I could've found a more fitting picture than what I had to settle for.

@Doc Gnosis: I imagined Shinem as taller and with slighty darker hair in DoW.

Dogmatic99:
@Doc Gnosis: I imagined Shinem as taller and with slighty darker hair in DoW.

Like I said, I was unable to find a better picture than the one I found.

Doc Gnosis:

Like I said, I was unable to find a better picture than the one I found.

LEaves me tempted to write up a sheet for Lutra, let the two of them have spin off adventures :)

More sheets? O_o

SirPlindington:

Sadly, I didn't get to read the previous 'awful' backstory - damn timezones! Anyways, I see no problems from the sheet and it would be interesting to see a god that primary is played through a worshipper. Reminds me of my messing about in In The Court Of The King. However, I do have concerns about how this god would work mechanically, since it can't interact with the world.

Doc Gnosis:

And not a wholly new god at that, but a valid submission nonetheless. The only problem I can see is the backstory, since it mentions other gods, when there are none in Oricos. You guys are quite literally the first ones that Oricos has seen.

In any case, choosing the lineup is going is be hard. >.<

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked