Mythopoeia: A combined Nation and Godgame RP (Now closed)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

The Old gods have vanished, how and why no one can truly say, perhaps a ragnarok came from them but left the mortals behind or perhaps they simply left this world for another. All that is known for certain is that they left the mortal nations untouched in their departure, who continued on in their absence. Whatever turmoil the departure of the gods caused they weathered it, out of necessity if nothing else, and continued in their affairs. However in the wake of the Old god's disappearance New gods are now arising, young and inexperienced but powerful and possessing great potential. Whether they realize it or not their arrival heralds a New Age for gods and mortals alike, an Age of Myth.

Hello fellow escapists, this is a rather ambitious RP idea I had a little while ago the basic premise of which being a combination of a Godgame RP and a Nation RP where some of the players play Nations whereas others play gods. The gods will need to convince the nations to worship them to grow in strength as the game progresses, and the nations in turn have their own concerns, ways to develop and expand many of which the gods could greatly aid or hinder. This will be a player driven RP and story, I will act as GM mainly to keep order and ensure the rules are followed/working but other than that I will have minimal influence on what happens, at most I might throw in a natural disaster or something similar to shake things up once in a while though even that is fairly unlikely.

Rules for Deities (Big thanks to Terratina for helping me work these out)

Rules for Nations (thanks to Emperor Zuma for helping me work these out)

Each player can be have a god or a nation but not both (if you want to submit a sheet for both that's fine, but you'll only be allowed to have one or the other in the game). Players will be accepted when their sheet has been approved by me, and nation players in particular are encouraged to put together shared backstory with other players once they have been accepted.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to let me know. The rules for nations in particular are still untested so if you see any problems with them, or ways to improve them, feel free to point them out.

Also if anyone wants to offer to be co-GM that would be appreciated, you wouldn't be required to do anything unless for some reason I can't post for a week or something like that. In addition if anyone wants to volunteer to draw a map of the world once the nations are all accepted I would appreciate that as well, if not then I'll draw one myself.

Accepted God Sheets:

Accepted Nation Sheets:

Edit: It seems this one post can't hold all the accepted sheets, so the list will be continued further down the page. Green Shoes' sheet has also been moved down to it as it was getting cut off.

Here we go, comments please.

EDITED
EDITED

booksv2:
snip

The main problem I have is that the sheet doesn't really give any indication of his personality. If you put a bit more into the bio describing that it would be greatly improved.

Hey ^_^ I'm not new to RP or godgames, even if I've never done much of it on this forum before.

IFS:
-Attention Grabbing Snip-

A remark, a question and a suggestion for you:

1.) That is the laziest thread name ever. :p
2.) Have the Old Gods just created everything and then pissed off? Or did they interact with their creations at all?
3.) May want to use a hex map generator thing for the map, like Hexographer, just to give us a good sense of scale and we all know that hex maps are superior in every way to other types of maps.

And yes, there will be a sheet of mine coming soon. Though I haven't really decided anything yet.

I have two essays due in next week. Instead I spent and hour on this.

If their's anything you're curious about I can add to the bio.

Hey OP I've got a question, would it be ok to have more than one race within a nation?

booksv2:
snip

Much better, though I'd appreciate it if you could touch up the grammar in places. Normally I won't be bothering people about such mistakes but it makes your Bio somewhat hard to read. Once that's been cleaned up I'll add your sheet to the list of accepted sheets.

EmperorZuma:
snip

Looks good so far, though you won't be accepted until the sheet is finished.

Mestizaje:
snip

Looks good, welcome aboard!

Terratina.:

2.) Have the Old Gods just created everything and then pissed off? Or did they interact with their creations at all?
3.) May want to use a hex map generator thing for the map, like Hexographer, just to give us a good sense of scale and we all know that hex maps are superior in every way to other types of maps.

And yes, there will be a sheet of mine coming soon. Though I haven't really decided anything yet.

The old gods did interact with the world, though to what extent is mostly up to the nation players to decide in their histories.

Thanks a for linking the hex mapper, should make putting a map together much easier.

Gabanuka:
snip

A few things, one you can only have at most 2 nation perks, second restricting yourself to one city for the whole game might cause a lot of problems for your nation. Finally if your race is a race of humans you don't need to worry about perks/flaws for them, as those are mostly just for fluff and a way to show the differences between your race and humans.

Rogue Trooper:
Hey OP I've got a question, would it be ok to have more than one race within a nation?

I'd prefer to keep it to one new race per nation. Nations can contain more than one race of course, and likely will grow to contain other player races over the course of the game (due to immigration, conquest, slavery, or other factors) but I'd prefer that no player create more than one race for their nation.

IFS:

booksv2:
snip

Much better, though I'd appreciate it if you could touch up the grammar in places. Normally I won't be bothering people about such mistakes but it makes your Bio somewhat hard to read. Once that's been cleaned up I'll add your sheet to the list of accepted sheets.

EmperorZuma:
snip

Looks good so far, though you won't be accepted until the sheet is finished.

Mestizaje:
snip

Looks good, welcome aboard!

Terratina.:

The old gods did interact with the world, though to what extent is mostly up to the nation players to decide in their histories.

Thanks a for linking the hex mapper, should make putting a map together much easier.

Gabanuka:
snip

A few things, one you can only have at most 2 nation perks, second restricting yourself to one city for the whole game might cause a lot of problems for your nation. Finally if your race is a race of humans you don't need to worry about perks/flaws for them, as those are mostly just for fluff and a way to show the differences between your race and humans.

Rogue Trooper:

I'd prefer to keep it to one new race per nation. Nations can contain more than one race of course, and likely will grow to contain other player races over the course of the game (due to immigration, conquest, slavery, or other factors) but I'd prefer that no player create more than one race for their nation.

No sweat OP, I'll see what else I can come up with.

So i cleaned it up, changed the wording around and fixed the mistakes.

Once again it is shown that creating a character when fighting sleep is a less than ideal condition for spelling and sentence format.

Please, comments, critiques, all those things.

IFS:
snip

My mistake, I figured since the flaws said 'must have as many as perks' more flaws = more perks.

As for the city thing, my plan was for Grand Ajivha to become a massive city, hopefully the biggest in the world. I thought you might be against this unless I had fewer cities. I'll change the flaw, make it so they just don't like them. The concept of Grand Ajivha as everything is one I'd like to keep.

Here's my nation sheet, let me know if anything needs changing. May be subject to minor edits, and I'd like to integrate some other player nations into the history pending approval.

I'm working on some characters as we speak, a question though, how is the passage of time going to be covered in this RP? Will there be multiple ages, or jumps in time, or will a certain number of rounds equate to a year?

Also, I can cover the co-GM position if you need me to, I have experience running this sort of game.

Edit: Three characters from the Imperial Court to get us going:

booksv2:
Snip

Looks better now, accepted.

Gabanuka:
snip

Thanks for fixing those issues. Since you're wondering the 'Job well done' perk will probably amount to greater starting wealth and increased wealth income. As with Zuma you won't be accepted until the sheet is finished (that is until you have a couple characters) but its looking good so far.

JoJo:
Here's my nation sheet, let me know if anything needs changing. May be subject to minor edits, and I'd like to integrate some other player nations into the history pending approval.

I'm working on some characters as we speak, a question though, how is the passage of time going to be covered in this RP? Will there be multiple ages, or jumps in time, or will a certain number of rounds equate to a year?

Also, I can cover the co-GM position if you need me to, I have experience running this sort of game.

Looks great so far, though as with Gabanuka and Zuma I can't accept it until you have characters. As for the passage of time after a certain number of rounds (currently four) the season will change, with spring and summer lumped together as one season and winter and fall lumped together as another; since the seasons are lumped like that it means that every two seasons is roughly a year in game.

As for you being co-GM, sounds good to me, I've heard plenty of good stuff about how you ran Grand Mythos after the original GM left.

IFS:
snip

Added drafts for some major characters, lemme know if there's something needing fixing.

EmperorZuma:

IFS:
snip

Added drafts for some major characters, lemme know if there's something needing fixing.

I don't see any problems, will add you to the accepted nations list. Feel free to keep working on the characters though.

IFS:
snip

Characters are go. I wasn't certain how much info you wanted on them so I kept it very brief.

Gabanuka:

IFS:
snip

Characters are go. I wasn't certain how much info you wanted on them so I kept it very brief.

Looks good as well, I'll add you to the accepted nations list as well. As with Zuma feel free to keep working on the character list.

I'll be reserving this space for my Jennyskin nation; I'm going to be retooling the government and lore to fit this new setting.

Will finish after breakfast; let me know if there's anything wrong so far.

This looks awesome! Reminds of the one Wenseph did but sadly that didn't last too long. I got a few questions:

Would a migratory nation be out of the question? As in a nation that doesn't have a set territory but rather move from place to place like the Quarians from Mass Effect.

Would a "living" territory be okay? I was thinking of a city situated on a living thing's back that is large enough but can't really be controlled but can be killed. The creatures is passive and maintains a symbiotic relationship with the beings that live on its back.

Green Shoes:
snip

Looks pretty good, though you might want to have more characters put together before the RP starts. I'll add you to the accepted nations list.

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
This looks awesome! Reminds of the one Wenseph did but sadly that didn't last too long. I got a few questions:

Would a migratory nation be out of the question? As in a nation that doesn't have a set territory but rather move from place to place like the Quarians from Mass Effect.

Would a "living" territory be okay? I was thinking of a city situated on a living thing's back that is large enough but can't really be controlled but can be killed. The creatures is passive and maintains a symbiotic relationship with the beings that live on its back.

Thanks! Its at least partially inspired by that RP, so its not surprising it reminds you of it.

As for a migratory nation I don't think that would really work in this RP, as a big part of the nation stuff is settling new territory. You are free to have your nation/culture have roots in being a nomadic culture, but they do need to have settlements and territory. As for the living territory its possible you could make that work, though it would have to be relatively confined to an area so your cities aren't wandering all over the map, I'm not quite sure how growing food would work on the back of a giant turtle though.

IFS:
snip

Since its so important to my people I added a little section on Grand Ajivha itself. Hope this is ok and I'd appreciate if you added it to the official 'approved' sheet.

This sounds like fun, here we go, the halfling nation of pirates. Not literally, but hey, we all gotta be inspired by something.

I'd add more to the characters for now, but I need sleep, like, rather badly. Anyway, hope this is good, this RP sounds rather interesting.

IFS:

Looks great so far, though as with Gabanuka and Zuma I can't accept it until you have characters. As for the passage of time after a certain number of rounds (currently four) the season will change, with spring and summer lumped together as one season and winter and fall lumped together as another; since the seasons are lumped like that it means that every two seasons is roughly a year in game.

As for you being co-GM, sounds good to me, I've heard plenty of good stuff about how you ran Grand Mythos after the original GM left.

Awesome, I've edited in a few characters below my sheet and I've done a few minor edits to my sheet, most notably replacing my map with a better-looking version, it should be ready for submission unless you have any other concerns?

Gabanuka:

IFS:
snip

Since its so important to my people I added a little section on Grand Ajivha itself. Hope this is ok and I'd appreciate if you added it to the official 'approved' sheet.

Yeah its fine, I'll update the accepted sheet.

JoJo:

Awesome, I've edited in a few characters below my sheet and I've done a few minor edits to my sheet, most notably replacing my map with a better-looking version, it should be ready for submission unless you have any other concerns?

Looks great, I'll add you to the list of accepted sheets.

Lil_Rimmy:
snip

The main concern I have with this sheet is that they still seem to be nomadic, which as I mention to Mr.Ivebeenframed above doesn't really work for this RP. If they aren't let me know, but with the whole 'sinking territory' thing it seems like they still are.

Also: The RP is near having enough Nation sheets, so only a few more will be accepted in that category.

The Post for accepted sheets seems to have gotten too big to hold any more, so I will be posting the rest down here.

God sheets:

Nation Sheets:

I'm surprised we have so few gods. I thought I would be weird going for a nation.

Gabanuka:
I'm surprised we have so few gods. I thought I would be weird going for a nation.

Yeah I'm surprised as well, hopefully some more god sheets apply soon though.

I decided to abandon the whole "living" territory thing. Hope you like this one though!

This is what I got so far. I'll edit in some more when I get the chance to. As always I welcome any suggestion or criticism. Also if anyone has any offers to have a linked relationship or backstory feel free to ask!

EDITED-Finished characters, military section, finished nation perks, added a bit on social value, added on in religion, edited the families a little bit.

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
I decided to abandon the whole "living" territory thing. Hope you like this one though!

This is what I got so far. I'll edit in some more when I get the chance to. As always I welcome any suggestion or criticism. Also if anyone has any offers to have a linked relationship or backstory feel free to ask!

I'll also have a god sheet up since I'm seeing a lack of those.

Aside from the bits that are unfinished it looks good so far, you do need to split your one giant perk into two though. Also keep in mind you can only have a nation or a god, if you want to make a god sheet by all means go ahead, just keep in mind you'll have to decide which one you want to play.

IFS:

Lil_Rimmy:
snip

The main concern I have with this sheet is that they still seem to be nomadic, which as I mention to Mr.Ivebeenframed above doesn't really work for this RP. If they aren't let me know, but with the whole 'sinking territory' thing it seems like they still are.

Also: The RP is near having enough Nation sheets, so only a few more will be accepted in that category.

No, they are no longer nomadic. The actual reason for them settling is the fact that the Old God's died, so without their helping hand from above they quickly stormed and took over some land that was created by a now dead New God. The whole "Stay or go back to being Nomadic" thing is mainly there so I can throw in some civil unrest.

And remember, even if my main city on the land falls, there's always the big ass fortress on an island that is pretty much their home. It's kind of like a Helm's Deep for them, in the sense of that's their final fallback.

EDIT:

Also, the sinking island is back on their homeland. Which they don't actually live at anymore, with the exception of the fortress detailed above. They are currently landed and building a city in a land that they have named Lot-vos, which is covered in trees and a few rolling plains, but not very advanced due to the early death of it's God.

Edit: Changed some things, added a picture, etc.
Edit 4: we discussed this

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked