Gato Community College (signup thread. monsters, modern, social, fighting)

Welcome students, to your first year at Gato community college. As you've been accepted and it's probably been a while since you sent in your application, so we're going to provide a little refresher as to what you've actually gotten yourself into.

you have gone and applied to Gato Community College. Now, you may not remember what sort of community this college serves, well, we serve the false world, the one that most ignorant humans live in and go about their daily lives. We serve and protect them, from the unseen forces at play, the monsters that go bump in the night. Some of you may be monsters yourselves, but none the less, you have chosen the right side to work for, for whatever reason.

Ofcourse, the best way to hide from the "normies" as we like to call them, is to be right under their noses in Gato Community. We teach all of our students how to make themselves the best they can be, as well as to control themselves if they have powers,hide themselves and blend in as monsters and to make a difference if they're here on their family lineage or fighting skills alone.

The School is the most up to date facilities, comprising of both science and magical laboratories. The hallways are kept clean and spotless and the dorms are on campus and out of this world.(Yes, pun intended.) The school is housing special task teams, put together to deal with rampant monsters that the larger, post secondary education organizations deal with. Play your cards right and you might get in.

Well, as you can read above, this is a school for humans with either: magic, or a desire to fight monsters and help keep the normal world safe, and for helping/training monsters. Magic is a funky kind of thing, it isn't all too widespread, but it is feared enough because of its versatility and uses. Most mages only focus on one element, or a specific sub-section of that element, even then, a number of mages just want to get their magic under control and not let magical outbursts ruin their lives.
Monsters that are learning to live along side humans or even fight their own kind exist and are semi-common. most of these monsters are creatures or beings from the mythological settings or even some of the common "fantasy" races portrayed in a number of settings.

If you're curious about a race for a monster or type of magic, just post a question with a link to the desired page/race and if something original, provide a paragraph or two for a brief description. i'll respond when i can.

Notes: this is going to be based around having fun, social interactions and fighting. No particular order to those either.

Name:

Race:

Age: (anything from fresh out of HS at 18, to early thirties)

Sex:

Description:

Magic/Abilities/Skills:

Biography:

Skype: (if you have it or not, and if so, what is your skype username. it's far easier to manage these things with skype)

It's pretty late at the moment, but I'll have a sheet up in the morning.

Alright, that only took slightly longer than I thought it would.

both good sheets and interesting characters. i'll have my sheet up sometime soon, this weekend for sure.

I'm rather interested in joining but i had a quick question, are magical constructs like golems, magic powered robots (which is basically a golem but some people see it differently), or anything like that allowed?

I have other characters in mind in case it doesn't fly but i just wanted to ask since it was my first idea.

if you're talking about an accessory or pet, yes. but in order to be your main character, it should have intelligence to think and act on its own. and atleast some sort of rudimentary personality at the least.

Ok, thanks. She's (?) independent enough to have a personality so it should work i think.

I'll get to work on it and have it up by, at most, tomorrow. Also, is Alchemy considered magic or is it separate?

depends. it's a greyzone. there'd be a course or two on it.

Okay, cause i was going to have her powered by some fluid made using a technique from it, similar to a replacable Name of god, so i figured that she'd be interested, it being responsible for her creation and all.

Edit: changed the Name of god to a Alchemical soul to make it a bit more workable.

Sorry if it seems confusing, i tried to shorten it up some before posting so if there are any problems or inconsistencies, please tell me, and i'll fix it.

sorry, this week has been hell in terms of business. spent all day today trying to figure out what pc parts work with what since i'm ordering the parts for my new pc.

whelp, took a while but i finally got my character up.

I'll start it later today. So I would like to congratulate the new, incoming class to Gato Community college, you've all been accepted.

mcpop9:
I'll start it later today. So I would like to congratulate the new, incoming class to Gato Community college, you've all been accepted.

Are you still willing to accept another character? I'll try have one written up in the next couple of days if so.

Sure, the more the merrier.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.844076-Gato-Community-College-game-thread

and add me on skype @ mcpop9
make sure to specify you're from gato to make things easier on me when adding you to the conversation

accepted

mcpop9:

I'm not sure if it's too late for me to join, but I've got a sheet set up.

DotSlash:

mcpop9:

I'm not sure if it's too late for me to join, but I've got a sheet set up.

accepted

Accepted lunar

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked