Mythopoeia: A combined Nation and Godgame RP now recruiting

Original recruitment thread here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.842654-Mythopoeia-A-combined-Nation-and-Godgame-RP-Now-closed?page=1

Mythopoeia is an RP about player controlled gods and nations interacting and developing in a new age of Myth. Engaging in (among other things) war, political turmoil, colonization, the gift of magic (in various forms) and technology (in others). It's been running for a few months now and is still going strong though a few players have left for various reasons. Given the scope of the RP it needs a fairly sizable number of players to stay running so I am reopening recruitment.

Rules for Deities

Rules for Nations

More specific rules exist of course but this post is large enough as is, but if you have questions feel free to ask. I will be posting the current god and nation sheets as well as the current world map.

Each player can be have a god or a nation but not both (if you want to submit a sheet for both that's fine, but you'll only be allowed to have one or the other in the game). I will provide feedback on sheets as they are posted here and the list of newly accepted sheets will be declared at the conclusion of recruitment in roughly two weeks. A time skip will occur in the RP itself in order to introduce the new nations/gods to it. Finally I am looking for about two or three new god players and one or two new nation players. As a side note I will not be around from the 6th to the 14th so I won't be able to provide feedback during that time.

Nations

God sheets

comments and critique please.
When you have the time of course.

The Chronicle

So it began, five gods: the deathly Qartoq, watery Jashiki, wise Gangari, fiery Lysei,and the crafty Cyth'raul, strode upon the world populated by five mortal nations.

In the mountains, the Luug of the Deep Tribes kept mostly to themselves, expanding their tunnels and dealing with their own ambitions. In time, their dominion grew to include even the home of Qartoq, after the god had left this mortal realm. Now, they are in the midst of their own conflict. As one of their Tribes seeks to make itself supreme, binding itself and many other Tribes to the worship of Cyth'raul, the current leader marshals his forces to quash a potential rival.

In the east, among their many islands, the Holy Auroran Empire sought to expand, but was met with difficulty until rather recently. All the while their politics have been thrown into turmoil through the machinations of Lysei. Their former Emperor twice-murdered, and a child on the throne represented by a man only loyal to their fiery god. So far, the former slaves of the Empire are on the cusp of emancipation, but will the Empire free itself of Lysei's will?

Between the Empire and the Tribes, there lie the Raptor States, populated by the winged Krakari. Originally bound to Qartoq, but now spread among many deities, they have built a union between themselves and many of the other nations, though some of the ties have yet to be truly tested. However, once their lands were singed by the flames of hostility, the Krakari quickly marshaled an army to rout out this enemy and crush it. In this effort, they have been joined by Aurora, and also bolstered by the arrival of a smaller force of Luug to help break the back of this opponent. As the War of the Burning Tides rages on, it remains yet to be seen if this battle of righteous vengeance will be worth the price.

Their opponent, the Ray-Das, have been the victims of a cruel fate. Seafaring halfings with a penchant for more violent tendencies, it was their want for easy prey that sparked off the current conflict. Now the alliance against them besieges their capital, and even if their victory isn't certain, the wounds they have inflicted are deep. Compounding the tragedy is the tale of their god, Jashiki, who has been the object of abuse from the mighty Lysei. First incurring his wrath through Jashiki's attempt to influence the people of Aurora, Lysei has since mustered the rest of the gods against Jashiki. With their god about to be banished to oblivion, only time will tell if the Ray-Das can hold out.

Finally, there is the nation of Sammah Ajivha-Tahna, who have busied themselves with exploring the mysteries of existence under the tutelage of Gangari. Blessed with a grand university to study in, the world has been given the opportunity to combine their knowledge and advance further than what was possible before. Regardless, Ajivha always profits from these efforts. Not only that, but Ajivha's current neutrality has allowed it to gather all sorts of people blessed by the gods' power. People like the Artificers and Necromancers, who combined their power to allow Ajivha to create entire armies of metal-men. Surely, if there is something to know in the world, the Sammah probably already know it.

Finished

Rogue Trooper:

Putting this up here to show my interest. I'll finish the character section soon.

Ha, nice to see another human nation, I play Aurora myself. The GM is going to be away for the rest of the week but I'll be on hand to answer any questions you might have, looking forward to seeing your character section :-)

OT: Since we've got a couple of prospective nation players here, I recommend any further applicants strongly consider creating a god character, we're particularly low on those right now.

Okay let's see how this goes...

Feedback and comments are always welcome.

Edit: Changed domain from Forest to Nature.

Drummodino:
Okay let's see how this goes...

Feedback and comments are always welcome.

Cool character. Might argue with the other gods but that's fine. We tend to do that a lot anyway. Forest is a specific domain though and you will find your actions limited if you take it. I always recommend broad domains like fire in my case or nature in yours. It can be used in unique ways and would allow for your character to straight up do more. Other than that, I would recommend you pick a home country. One where your character got burned in. One of the new nations would be easiest, but Aurora could also work as it is a human nation with forests and stuff. Expect to get to know Lysei if you do pick Aurora. He considers it his home.

drmigit2:
Cool character. Might argue with the other gods but that's fine. We tend to do that a lot anyway. Forest is a specific domain though and you will find your actions limited if you take it. I always recommend broad domains like fire in my case or nature in yours. It can be used in unique ways and would allow for your character to straight up do more. Other than that, I would recommend you pick a home country. One where your character got burned in. One of the new nations would be easiest, but Aurora could also work as it is a human nation with forests and stuff. Expect to get to know Lysei if you do pick Aurora. He considers it his home.

Thanks! Arguing with the other gods is fine with me, hopefully that will keep things interesting. Forest is a pretty specific domain so I may change it if others feel the same way. I didn't pick nature outright because technically that can encompass most of the world - I'd exclude oceans and such if I do change it to that.

For a home, a new country would be best I think. Mereton sounds promising if we both get approved.

Drummodino:

drmigit2:

Thanks! Arguing with the other gods is fine with me, hopefully that will keep things interesting. Forest is a pretty specific domain so I may change it if others feel the same way. I didn't pick nature outright because technically that can encompass most of the world - I'd exclude oceans and such if I do change it to that.

For a home, a new country would be best I think. Mereton sounds promising if we both get approved.

Should also consider Gratt Shae. Their ideals seem to match with your god's. Maybe not where she was born, but moving there real quick could let your god snag a quick power spike.

drmigit2:
Should also consider Gratt Shae. Their ideals seem to match with your god's.

Mmm, yes that could work quite nicely. She was human initially though so she would have been raised in another land, but there is nothing stopping her from taking up residence there.

i agree, a hunting god would be a big hit to the Grat.
if for no other reason than they are all big hunters.

though i will maybe be talking to other gods about other things outside hunting. Just saying.

booksv2:
i agree, a hunting god would be a big hit to the Grat.
if for no other reason than they are all big hunters.

though i will maybe be talking to other gods about other things outside hunting. Just saying.

Sounds good to me. They sound like a very nature oriented race, especially with their forest residences

Sheet Soon, I'm interested

Aaronoftheages:

Nice, I like it, having a god like this would hopefully prevent any boring world peace scenarios arising. The GM won't be back for a few days but like Drmigit suggested to Drummodino I'd recommend considering which nation your god originally came from as a mortal to give them a little more background.

Aaronoftheages:

...Lysei might end up liking this guy. Or they could end up murdering one another, really could go either way. (They literally have the exact same drawback).

drmigit2:

Aaronoftheages:

...Lysei might end up liking this guy. Or they could end up murdering one another, really could go either way. (They literally have the exact same drawback).

Peace is for losers.

Not G. Ivingname:
Flaccid.

Sorry, that'll never leave my mind now. Anyway, it looks like we're going to have swampfolk again. Woo.

Terratina.:

Not G. Ivingname:
Flaccid.

Sorry, that'll never leave my mind now. Anyway, it looks like we're going to have swampfolk again. Woo.

Oh.

I will change the name then. :P

Apologies for keeping everyone waiting but I'm back from my trip now and will have feedback for you all up sometime tonight.

booksv2:
snip

Your short history needs work, as is its barely there at all. Other than that your perk and flaw combination is pretty much going to cancel itself out, since not mining will correlate to a wealth income penalty, wheras being better able to gather/use certain materials will likely equate to a wealth income bonus.

Rogue Trooper:
snip

Looks good, I don't see anything that should be changed.

Drummodino:
snip

Looks good as well, nothing needs to be changed.

Aaronoftheages:
snip

Also looks good.

Not G. Ivingname:
snip

So far it looks good, though obviously I can't accept an unfinished sheet so I'd suggest getting it done.

Alright, looks pretty good for the most part. Recruitment will be closing on the 17th at which point I will post who all is accepted so try to have any changes/additions finished by then.

If that flaw doesn't work i will create another.

A god sheet in case there is more nations than are needed and not enough gods.

booksv2:
snip

Nation sheet accepted.

Rogue Trooper:
snip

accepted.

Aaronoftheages:
snip

Drummodino:
snip

Accepted, I will add all of you to the group (who aren't already in it). Sorry to those of you who didn't make it in, I'll be sure to keep you in mind if an opening appears.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked