We Are Our Avatars XI (Open)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 188 NEXT

"Gentler?" Gash laughed at Lambda's suggestion. "I haven't even started a fight yet, so I'm being pretty damn gentl-" Just then, she was interrupted by Miia coming through the portal.

She chuckled. "Finally, someone is actually afraid of me! Ah, but I'm not gonna hurt you. You haven't tried to attack me, and honestly you don't look like enough of a challenge."

"Mmmm." She nodded.
Shana approached the closest food shop to inspect what was available and their prices.

Picking up on the weird new sounds coming from behind her, Anik stopped and turned, only in time to hear the Lamia talk to Gash.
She clicked with her tongue, picking up the huge shape of the Lamia with echolocation, then stopped again, quite surprised.

"Are you ... some kind of dragon?" she asked, walking closer. "Don't worry, my name is Anik, and we just arrived here as well. Seems to be some kind of anomaly here."

Looking through the range of products available, Shana would see the prices were all given in dollars. Many of the products, in particular food, were relatively inexpensive, though clothing was less cheap. While the majority of products were Earthly in origin, there were some materials and ingredients that came from elsewhere. Such products included alcoholic drinks made with blood and a plant known as 'quetrine', and clothing made of a light, and fairly soft, material labeled as 'busera'.

"Not unless you attack me first, no." Gash offered her hand to help Miia up, since she was still laying face down on the floor apparently. "This is some other universe called 'Canada'. It's bullshit. There aren't even any giant monsters."

Lambda was surprised, as most would be, by the snake girl dropping out of nowhere into her office. "Are you alright?"

"I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with this currency. But the numbers don't seem very big." She cleared her throat and hailed a salesman, if any that were there. "Hello?" She asked kindly.

Dalahar had a fully charged volkite weapon along with two power cells for reloads. A bolt pistol with the two reserve magazines, 3 frag grenades, 2 Krak Grenades, a power dagger and an anthame dagger. On his hip was a canister of phosphex hoping he would never have to use the dreaded crawling death ever again.
His seals that bound his oaths to his armour were cast gold. They meant nothing anymore and so began prying them off with the power dagger, age old paper tumbled to the floor as each seal came free.

Anik wondered how often she would have to explain it, but still explained what she did to the Lamia:

"It's creating echoes, and I can hear shapes with that ... I hope this makes any sense to you. Umm ... feel free to ask more if you don't understand.
But I don't think I have heard of a Lamia before. Were you always this way?"

A young woman, human in appearance with dark hair and light brown skin, approached Shana. "How can I help?" she asked, her voice having a more Francophone accent than the guards.

Viyang considered what Nina had said, then stood up. "Perhaps seeing more of this world will lead to your memories and thoughts becoming clearer." she suggested.

"So that's why you were clicking! I thought you were doing some magic shit." Gash suddenly said to Anik.

She shrugged at Miia. "I dunno. We all just ended up here somehow. All I know is that this 'Canada' place is fucking boring as hell."

Dalahar offered one of the gold seals to Shane. "Here." He said. "Should be worth something, I'll keep the other for when I see the others"

"How generous. Thank you very much." Shana said to Tresh.

She turned to the clerk.
"We just had a few questions since we just arrived through the portal. One is, what is the name of the currency here? And two, is there a shop, including this one, that might be able to trade old trinkets for cash?"

"Yes, I am blind. Nothing to worry about, though, it's ... just a normal part of me." Anik said, wondering if the blindfold had not given her blindness away, then remembering that dark shades were more common in cities. "And that sounds interesting, I would love to learn more about it. But I guess if it's not something you should tell out loud, I can wait."

Hearing what the Lamia said to Gash, Anik also chimed in: "I think most of us actually went through a portal or such on purpose, my way was just ... too much.
They said they would be able to create a way back to other worlds in a few weeks."

Dalahar uses his height to scan around the market looking for anyone he recognises. The sooner he got rid of these old seals
The better

Gash yawned, and started talking before Miia was finished. "You normally go off about your love life in front of people you just met? Because frankly, I don't give a shit."

"We use the Canadian Dollar here. And if you need to sell things, your best bet would be a pawn shop." the woman informed Shana.

"Now you have some direction at least." He said to Shona. With no use for the stalls be left to find some who would benefit from his old seals.
outside the market area in the hallway.
Dalahar looks left then right quickly before remembering where one of the waiting rooms was. He decided to head towards it

Lambda made a quiet cough, trying to draw the attention of those in the room. "I'm sorry, but things here can be... Busy. I'll happily talk to anyone that needs it, even give my number, but can the rest of you please exit to give them some space?" She tried saying that politely as possible, looking to Miia. "And I think you'll have to check in with the guards before you can leave. Normally people arrive in the designated portal zone."

outside the office
Dalahar waits outside having taken longer than expected to find the place. He heard what the pardoner had said and nodded
To himself, waiting respectfully outside.

"Fine. I'll go see what trouble I can stir up outside." Gash replied to Lambda. As she left the room, she accidentally hit the top of the doorframe with her sword resting on her shoulder, and cracked the wood/dented the metal/damaged whatever materiel it was, but she just kept walking and didn't even acknowledge it.

"I'm sorry. I guess we can wait in the waiting room." Anik said and turned to leave again, going slowly so Miia and Gash could go after her.

"Adjusting well I hope." Dalahar said as others emerged from the room. A few large strides caught him up to Anik. "Missed you earlier but you arrived around the same time as me correct?" He asked

Lambda groaned as Gash broke her door, with a reminder to herself to call Maintenance. Before Anik left the room, Lambda flicked her wrist, and a card flew off the desk into Anik's hand. It was a simple card with Lambdas name and number, and had the same information in Braille on its other side.

When Miia slithered out of room Dalahar turned his head quickly. Before Istvaan he had spoken to several Emperors Children of their battles against a race of snake people called the Laer. This one didn't match the description but could be a similar strain.

Slightly confused where it had come from, Anik felt the card Lambda had put in her hand. As she felt and read the Braille, she shortly turned and thanked Lambda. "Do you know where I could get a phone?" she asked.

Anik pretty much easily smelled and heard Dalahar, and the height his voice came from made it obvious that it was the same person as before.
She answered him: ?If you're talking to me, I think so, yes. What about it??

The guard looked a little surprised by Miia's physical appearance, though he tried hard not to let it show. "Uh... I assume you would've been brought here during the current anomaly. You're currently in Montreal, Canada." he replied. "I'll need your name, just for record keeping."

"Never got a chance to introduce myself is all." He said. "Dalahar Tresh. You?"
blind like Cyrene
His helmeted gaze left that of the snake person, content she was no xeno killing machine. He gave a curt nod in apology to her.

"We can't provide them, but there's bound to be a home phone wherever you initially stay, and you can pick up a mobile later." Lambda told Anik.

Anik thanked Lambda for the information again, then spoke to Dalahar. "Ah, nice to meet you, Dalahar. My name is Anik. What are you, can I ask?"

Gash spotted Dalahar and approached him. She completely ignored that he was mid-conversation and once again examined his armor, this time giving a few light hits with the back of her gauntlet. "I seriously want to punch you right now."

"Legiones Astartes, genetically altered super soldiers." He answered before feeling the taps on his armour. He chuckled slightly "Go ahead give it a smack"

"I don't know what that is." Anik stated bluntly towards Tresh. She then slightly turned towards Gash: "You like strength tests, don't you?"

"Took you that long to notice?" Gash replied sarcastically to Anik as she prepared to punch Dalahar.

Gash set her sword down, then stood in front of Dalahar with her left hand forward. Then she took a quick step forward, pivoting her body to throw her entire weight into a punch with her right fist at the soldier's abdomen. She shouted right before the moment of impact, and hit with with enough force to bend a steel beam.

"Well, if nothing else, you might find this world somewhat familiar." the guard replied, obviously trying to make the Lamia feel better about getting dropped in a completely different universe from the one she was used to.

Wanting to stretch her legs while Nina considered her options, Viyang walked out of the Gate room, taking care to not scratch the doorframe with her spear. When she spotted Miia further down the hall, her purple eyes fixated on the Lamia's lower half, and Viyang automatically licked her lips. When her eyes moved up to Miia's human half, Viyang raised an eyebrow, but then simply shrugged and looked around for the rest of the interdimensionals.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 188 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked