Review: Torchlight

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

I've seen a demo only on Steam.

However, you can also buy Torchlight from the official site.

Also, it won't run on your first-gen Eee, no hope. It will barely run on the Eee 900, and just fine on Eee 901/1000H(E)/1005HA.

I bought and downloaded it from the official site on the day of release and It's possibly one of the best games I've played in a long while. It's pretty casual in a good way.

I can't believe the whole thing is less than half a gig to download.

insanelich:
I've seen a demo only on Steam.

However, you can also buy Torchlight from the official site.

Also, it won't run on your first-gen Eee, no hope. It will barely run on the Eee 900, and just fine on Eee 901/1000H(E)/1005HA.

Note: This was extrapolation and apparently the game has a bit o' performance trouble. Do your own research.

Alright, downloaded the Demo this morning:

1. Gameplay felt exactly like Diablo; no news there.
2. Textures and art-style looked just like Warcraft III and WoW... eh, okay.
3. The music: besides the obvious guitar riffs from Diablo, I heard melodies from the night elf areas of WoW, and I think Westfall.

It was the music that got to me, leaving me a hesitation that there is just not enough originality here to this effort to justify my support.

I also downloaded League of Legends this morning, and, personally, was way more taken with the tutorial of that. If you are in the market for a Blizzard fix while sitting out their glacial release dates, at least check out LoL, it already has multiplayer, and it is free.

Will finish the demo of Torchlight whenever. Doubt I'll buy. Would certainly look again if they bring in interesting MMO components--and I don't mean single-player questing in the same area like with Mythos. I mean raids and battlegrounds.

Still, it feels nice to be back in the Blizzi-sphere.

Okay full disclosure: I finished Diablo, but was never a big fan and never got Diablo 2, but do plan to take a good hard look at Diablo 3.

"I am Overburdened"

BAH!! FUCK YOU!

Don't buy the game through Steam.

Mods are annoying as hell to get on through steam.

thanks for the review John. bought this game yesterday on steam, and i love it. brings back so much nostalgia of Titan Quest, my favorite RPG of all time.

but about the mouse part, i dont see how you need to stretch them first :) when you´ve drank Red Bull and performed 60 hit combos in DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 at the same time, you´ll have grown six-pack on them.

I am a huge fan of Diablo2 and Titan's Quest, although I never played Fate or heard of Mythos.

I got the game for $5 bucks from Steam, and it's probably the best purchase I've made all year. IMO, It's a hell of a lot better than Borderlands . . . or at least it's loot generation system is, which is why I bought BL in the first place. At less than 1/8th the price.

Bought! Currently playing as an Alchemist, dual-wielding wands and throwing out ice and fire while my dog, minions and golem curbstomp everything around me.

I gotta say, this game takes the pretentious out of Diablo. Less boggy story, less boggy controls and a hell of a lot of fun. It does the job extremely well.

I just wish I could learn more than four spells, though, and unassigning one didn't lose it permanently. I just lost Haste for a slow fireball spell.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.