The Escapist Needs Your Help for "Best Online Magazine" Nominations

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Escapist Needs Your Help for "Best Online Magazine" Nominations

Mashable.com, a cutting edge blog about social media, is taking nominations for their 3rd Annual Open Web Awards and since people have already started nominating us, we want to win!

In order to make it to the final voting round, The Escapist needs to be one of the top 5 sites that have been nominated overall. We could really use your nomiations,and please ask your friends to do the same! The more people that nominate us, the higher we climb up the Mashable award ladder.

In order to post your nomination, you must have a Twitter and/or Facebook account (remember that Mashable is pure social media). You can cast your nomination once per day until November 15th, at which time the nominations will be tallied and the real voting will begin.

Here's how to cast your nomination:

1. Visit the Mashable website.

2. Login via your Twitter or Facebook account.

3. Allow the site to connect you (might not happen based on your permissions).

4. Submit your nomination for us, www.escapistmagazine.com, for "Best Online Magazine."

Help us make history for The Escapist!

Need a little help? Click the banner to the right and off you go!

I was wondering how long it would be before this came up...
Did you guys run out of staff members to nominate it?

I'd vote, but I del-eated my Twitter account months ago, and I don't particularly feel like signing up for a new one.

Yes masters. As you bid masters.
*goes to vote*

That...that was odd.
I don't know what came over me.
Where am I? And what am I doing with a pygmy in a tutu?

interesting.

SirBryghtside:
I'm annoyed...

I don't have a twitter or Facebook, and don't intend on getting one...

On a lighter note, will there be badges? Like with the Webby?

Sorry, just my badge hunter instincts kicking in :P

Same here.

For both things :P

I already voted!

Voted and posted. I'll hound down my friends and make them do it too. GO ESCAPIST!!

Again? I was wondering when it would come to this...again...

Still, I don't think there's better Online Magazine site on the web. I'll vote for you :)

I'm going to vote the HELL out of them.
nah, I'll just vote til this site crushes all opponents.

Much as I'd love to, Twitter and Bookface are evils I shalt not abide.

VOTED SIR!

*Salute*

GamerLuck:
Voted and posted. I'll hound down my friends and make them do it too. GO ESCAPIST!!

And you can vote every day! I know I will :)

SirBryghtside:
'The Escapist nominated The Escapist for Best Online Magazine'

*cough cough* :P

We lead by example :)

Sure I'll vote for you guys...

wait twitter or facebook account...

No dice, sorry.

Finally, having a facebook account can do some good! Nomination given Mein Fuhrer!

Hmm. Twitter votes are for "Escapist Magazine" while Facebook ones are for "www.escapistmagazine.com". Does that mean the Escapist is competing with itself?

EDIT: Oh, wait it says "name or URL" in the nominations field. Never mind.

I used my twitter to vote for you guys

Follow me on twitter-SonOfNon3

Ok, I voted. Good luck guys.

add one more vote to the Escapist

Voted with Facebook. Yes - I've got one of those evil accounts, though I rarely use it.

Fat Man Spoon:

SirBryghtside:
I'm annoyed...

I don't have a twitter or Facebook, and don't intend on getting one...

On a lighter note, will there be badges? Like with the Webby?

Sorry, just my badge hunter instincts kicking in :P

Same here.

For both things :P

Ditto, I would vote but don't want a twitter or facebook profile...

Voted from Facebook and Twitter.
In my defense, I made the Twitter to tell the story of self-aware, leftover chinese food in the back of a fridge, telling a story similar to that of the camps in Dakow, proving that even stale food could be more engrossing than any schmuck with an unwarranted sense of self importance on Twitter. Actually, I think pseudo-intellectual bullshit is worse than asinine updates about my life. But I got tired of the project anyway, now it's only being used to vote for the Escapist.
Point being that I voted.

I voted ages ago. The Escapist has given me hours of fun, free entertainment. I may as well do something for them.

you've got my vote! looking over it I am glad to see all these escapist votes, hope we win and badges too! a nice one beside my webby badge would do nicely =D

Finally some use for my Facebook account.

I suppose the opinions of those of us without twitter or facebook accounts don't matter?

Voted, and found out I had a "Twitter".

(I think Quake live gave me one... :/)

Pirce:
I suppose the opinions of those of us without twitter or facebook accounts don't matter?

Well of course all of our community counts but at this point in time (I'm not sure of the next phase for voting in the finals) that is the way Mashable is accepting votes. If you can find another way, please let me know and I'll post it.

It's somewhat drowned on there with Escapist votes so far :)

Have you considered just sitting back and seeing if your loyal fanbase will do this on their own initiative?

No? Well this makes sense too.

I did my part. Have you done yours?

...WELL HAVE YOU?

Voted with facebook with honour.

BlueInkAlchemist:
I did my part. Have you done yours?

...WELL HAVE YOU?

Yup.

I votededed! And then I baked cookies and threw them in the general direction of Escapist HQ for some reason...

noodles loves you:
Have you considered just sitting back and seeing if your loyal fanbase will do this on their own initiative?

No? Well this makes sense too.

We hosted an event called the Gamer-lympics a while back. Had a site skin, ads up for it all over the place. Plenty of people took part and had a good time with it. And yet other people complained that they completely missed it because they "never heard about it, and why didn't we tell them????"

In other words, some people are quite adept at taking initiative. Others need a bit of a push.

Done!
Onwards to... victory?

I will not be able to provide assistance here; I don't agree with social networking sites, especially Facebook, and I don't blog, particularly on Twitter, so that's out the window as well.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here