Votes Needed for The Escapist - Finalist for "Best Online Magazine"

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Votes Needed for The Escapist - Finalist for "Best Online Magazine"

Mashable.com has tallied the votes for the final nominees of its 3rd Annual Open Web Awards, and The Escapist is in the Top 5 for "Best Online Magazine." Now we need your votes to win the whole thing!

We are asking everyone with a Facebook and Twitter account to vote for us on a daily basis and help us wipe out the competition.

In order to post your vote, you must have a Twitter and/or Facebook account. You can cast your nomination once a day until December 13th, at which time the votes will be tallied. The winners will be announced on December 15th.

If you don't already have a Twitter or Facebook account, you can create one for free at Twitter or Facebook.

Here's how to cast your vote:

1. Visit the Mashable website.

2. Login via your Twitter or Facebook account.

3. Allow the site to connect with your account (might not happen based on your permissions).

4. Submit your VOTE for us, www.escapistmagazine.com, for "Best Online Magazine."

Help us make history for The Escapist. This will be our very first Mashable win!

Need a little help? Click the banner to the right and off you go! Want to spread the link to all your friends? Use this one: http://mashable.com/owa/votes?v=79&c=16

I thought there was no advertising here?

Nah, I'll vote for you. You're the last sane place on the net.

As much as the required spam messaging is a nuisance, I'm gonna do my best to remember to vote every day.

As part of The Escapist community, you guys really help make us who we are and why we are even battling for the top spot, so we want everyone to be able to participate. It really makes us happy to see all the support!

I would love a new badge. However I would not love another influx of people... Gosh, the last time we won an award, (The Webbys) there were sooooo many new people... but we got a free show out of it, I think.
I voted for the Escapist.

I see The Escapist Twitter account voting for this like, every day. xD

And yeah, I voted.

I made a "twitter" Account just for you guys.

Gratz on my vote. XD

I would vote, but I'm allergic to facebook and twitter.

Urgh. Fine. I will do this for you, Escapist, and no one else. You will not even tell people I have a Twitter, understand?

I expect a badge when you win. >:(

One vote down, a bunch to go...

Thanks everyone! Remember, you can vote every 24 hours until the voting ends on December 13th. Let's bring home the win!

So you need to vote every day? Ok. If anyone is following my Twitter account (which is unlikely) I apologise for the spam. Goooooo Escapist!

The Escapist seems to have an overwhelming majority thus far, good :)

Bob_Bobbington:

The same goes for me.

I'm not spamming my facebook with this stuff, so it looks like I'll have to create a *gag* twitter account. Normally I wouldn't whore myself out, but you guys are special. Besides, it's not like I'll ever use it again.

Done. Just doing my part.

omg looking at the last minute votes.

we will get alot of new acc on the escapist.
mod gods please be on the lookout.

Damn, I don't have face book or a twitter. Sorry I can't vote. But know id I did, I'd vote for you guys every day

Voted. Also send one off to the Spoony One now I was there. Sad to see him and the Critic in same category. Oh, well.

Made a Twitter especially for yous ;)

How many escapists even have twitter or face-book? I'd vote, but I'm just too lazy.

Alright sure. I will vote using both my Twitter and my Facebook. That means I can vote twice per day.

I can do this right?

I am sooo going to open a can of poison-pen whoopass on Mashable when this is all over. "Vote every day for a whole month to turn Twitter into an endless torrent of spam! Yay!"

A week of voting would have been plenty.

Im sorry, your biggest competition comes from something called autostraddle.com...and i just looked it up, so its an "alternative sex" mag. Im sorry escapist but even though i wont frequent them either, im sure they have better content...that and i hate using facebook for things and i have no idea why i ever made a twitter account.

EDIT: They have a "girl on girl" picture section on that site....beat that...thats all im saying really.

I would vote, 'cause I love this place but I REFUSE to get either an Facebook or Twitter account, so I can't.

I would vote but I am having trouble it shows the categories and I am logged in but there is no vote or okay button...I can only select best online magazine and escapist but go no further, any help would be appreciated so we can win this (I want my votes to count... that is if I can vote)

Well I voted for today. Gonna try and remeber to vote tomorrow and hopefully we can win.

Bob_Bobbington:

Same here. I'll just support this otherwise.

You guys have my vote! What can I say? The Escapist owns my soul.

Why must I have a Facebook/Twitter? Those sites are awful and I refuse to associate myself with them, so now I can't vote. I believe it was Winston Churchill who said, "That is totally retarded!"

IrishBerserker:
I would vote, 'cause I love this place but I REFUSE to get either an Facebook or Twitter account, so I can't.

wouldyoukindly99:
Why must I have a Facebook/Twitter? Those sites are awful and I refuse to associate myself with them, so now I can't vote. I believe it was Winston Churchill who said, "That is totally retarded!"

God, really? It's not like you actually have to use the damned thing. You don't have to tell anyone about it either. I hate people that use those sites more than any other site and think it's the ultimate in social interaction, but people that can't join one because of their "principals" are worse, IMO.

And, just so you know, you can close the account when this is all done.

TheTygerfire:
God, really? It's not like you actually have to use the damned thing. You don't have to tell anyone about it either. I hate people that use those sites more than any other site and think it's the ultimate in social interaction, but people that can't join one because of their "principals" are worse, IMO.

And, just so you know, you can close the account when this is all done.

Really for me its more on principle then any thing else. I just don't like those types of sites. Hell, I even waited till five month ago to get MSN and the only reason I did was because I wouldn't see any of my friends after I went to college.

IrishBerserker:

Really for me its more on principle then any thing else.

I still don't get what principle keeps you from joining a site you never have to use (past this of course) or tell anyone you're that you're a member.

Yeah, some of these sites are stupid, and the people that are one these sites don't help. But do I feel like less of a person for the shear fact a Twitter account in my name exists? Of course not. I'm not so wrapped up in myself that I care about "OMG I might be called stupid for having one!", especially since the only people that I talk to on them are people that a) I already know and b) are next to impossible for me to see in person. Plus, I'm really only using it for this as of now.

TheTygerfire:

IrishBerserker:

Really for me its more on principle then any thing else.

I still don't get what principle keeps you from joining a site you never have to use (past this of course) or tell anyone you're that you're a member.

Well actually all the reasons are principle, the fact that each are just a fad/trend (god, I hate those words) and a rather stupid (and paranoid) conspiracy theory, that I'd rather not explain.

Bob_Bobbington:

Me too. I would love to vote for The Escapist, but i just can't get myself to make a Twitter/Facebook account....

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here