Rebecca Mayes Muses: Modern Warfare 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

delboydel1:
I really liked it, dont think you needed any drums, I think drums would have been pointless.
This was more of a real song and I loved it :D

You can never not need drums. NEVER.

Great piece of of music and some great singing. Another top notch video on this site.

Loved the images on this video the most though.

He he, DDR's Nationale Volksarmee insignia on the hat. Nice!

Fuer den Schutz der Arbeiter-und-Bauern-Macht!

Major_Tom:

Nice! I didn't even notice that, the first time I watched.

It reminds me of an officer's cap from the Soviet Union I have in my possession. An entire story precedes me getting the cap into my hands. Presumably it's from someone who was stationed in a tank or artillery division during the period of 1958-1969. It's exactly like the one on this picture, finished with gold cords and with a red star and the traditional symbol of the hammer and sickle: http://www.undertheredstar.com/Army/M58tkgenserv.jpg

Not sure how much it's worth, but I know I wouldn't trade it. Same like Rebecca apparently, I'm wondering how long she's got that hat in her possession ... makes you wonder, doesn't it?

alright, I'm gone be honest
i haven't liked any of the songs so far....this one however is really really good!
most of the other songs seemed more like a sung review than a actual song with depth about the meaning of the game.
and even tho i have not play MW2 and i don't plan on it, i think this song is really fitting ( and its just fine without drums =P ).
it captures everything that a song telling a story about something should, which is pretty much the game story itself about a soldier, the player, the game promotion and the game itself.

or maybe i misunderstood it all?
anyhow i like it! great work =D

I found this song to be so beautiful, and especially liked how soothing the guitar was in this one. :D :D

Joa_Belgium:

Major_Tom:

It reminds me of a general officer's cap from the Soviet Union I have in my possession. An entire story precedes me getting the cap into my hands. Presumably it's from someone who was stationed in a tank or artillery division during the period of 1958-1969. It's exactly like the one on this picture, finished with gold cords and with a red star and the traditional symbol of the hammer and sickle: http://www.undertheredstar.com/Army/M58tkgenserv.jpg

Not sure how much it's worth, but I know I wouldn't trade it. Same like Rebecca apparently, I'm wondering how long she's got that hat in her possession ... makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Nice cap you got there, it's not general's (they have elaborate gold leaves around the star) but definitely officer issue.

Rebecca's cap is a M43 Cap or a "Skimuetze", its based on a German Ski-cap, hence the nickname. It probably belonged to an enlisted man or an NCO (non-elaborate insignia). After the fall of Berlin Wall most of the DDR's equipment and uniforms were sold as army surplus so they are not hard to come by.
But maybe Rebecca served in the Nationale Volksarmee. :)

Anyway, great video, Rebecca! I really liked this song.

I don't know what I hoped for :P I got the game for mmy birthday and I started playing because my friends did, so it's alright ;)

Lovely song also :)

Ugh, this is the 5th attempt at giving her a chance. Her music has no point at all its like trying to be ironic but it isn't.

I've honestly been less than impressed by Rebecca's ventures in the past, but this song marked a new apex in her songwriting by having a very clear intent that was supported by a clear narrative structure. It was both to the point and relatable while lacking in all unnecessary verbal ornamentation.

this song was a little too 'hippy' for me. And its made me feel really depressed

I don't know if Rebecca actually reads these comments, but I have to thank her for her song... it was a moment of brightness in an otherwise terrible, terrible holiday season, so...

Thanks. From one soul to another.

The song made me sad... In a good way. :)

Hm. With your last few videos, I get the sense you want to distance yourself from making tribute songs about videogames and move on to bigger, better, artsier things. Without the videos to nudge them together, the last few songs could have had nothing to do with the games they were about.

I say go for it. You've got the talent, and the inspiration. It's totally within your reach. Huzzah.

Major_Tom:

Joa_Belgium:

Major_Tom:

It reminds me of a general officer's cap from the Soviet Union I have in my possession. An entire story precedes me getting the cap into my hands. Presumably it's from someone who was stationed in a tank or artillery division during the period of 1958-1969. It's exactly like the one on this picture, finished with gold cords and with a red star and the traditional symbol of the hammer and sickle: http://www.undertheredstar.com/Army/M58tkgenserv.jpg

Nice cap you got there, it's not general's (they have elaborate gold leaves around the star) but definitely officer issue.

Rebecca's cap is a M43 Cap or a "Skimuetze", its based on a German Ski-cap, hence the nickname. It probably belonged to an enlisted man or an NCO (non-elaborate insignia). After the fall of Berlin Wall most of the DDR's equipment and uniforms were sold as army surplus so they are not hard to come by.
But maybe Rebecca served in the Nationale Volksarmee. :)

Anyway, great video, Rebecca! I really liked this song.

Thanks, I adjusted it. Anyhow, that's how it was described at the website where I got the picture. Some equipment from the Soviet army is still available as well, mostly replicas of course. The cap I possess is genuine, but I wouldn't be able to tell whose cap it specifically was. It must've travelled a long way to get to Western Europe, that's a fact.

On a sidenote: I don't think she could've served in the Nationale Volksarmee. I'm sensing a lot of sarcasm.

Why are you wasting your talent signing rubbish about Hollow Blockbuster Video games like MW2...

Seriously... stop.

This song sounded great but your lyrics were horrendous.

I listened to i a couple of times... well i started it and started browsing or doing something else on my pc. And i kept having to relisten it cos it was so bland i didn't get any of it. After 4 times i gave up.
Maybe the song will get better if you sit focus and listen to it. But there was nothing that stood out, that made we want to check it out focusdly.

I thought the clip was pretty funny compared to the others. The melody to me felt like I'd heard exactly the same from her before, but the video was good and the lyrics were ok.

Just in general to them folks that aren't sure it's enough about the *game*. It's not about the game as an object, it's about *playing* the game; in fact this time round it's about *players* of the game.

Here's a familiar premise: "There's a big world out there, and it's beautiful". All gamers know this and have moments of sad curiosity about it. Rebecca gives a kind and patient voice to that knowledge. Amazing really.

I feel like this should have the call of duty kid's video(the british emo twat that hated it) playing in the background in slow motion.

Vault boy Eddie:
I feel like this should have the call of duty kid's video(the british emo twat that hated it) playing in the background in slow motion.

Agh, no. Seriously. That would've messed up the video. That guy punches a wall and his camera, because he can't even win at Modern Warfare 2. Not even to mention his obsession with milk. It's pathetic. Who would ever use that to promote their video?

Rebecca Mayes, you are a cruel cruel lady.

Never change.

Joa_Belgium:

Vault boy Eddie:

Agh, no. Seriously. That would've messed up the video. That guy punches a wall and his camera, because he can't even win at Modern Warfare 2. Not even to mention his obsession with milk. It's pathetic. Who would ever use that to promote their video?

Since the song is pretty much asking if the game was what you expected, I think it fits perfectly, the fact that the dude is a pathetic piece of crap should have no bearing in the situation lol.

Vault boy Eddie:

Joa_Belgium:

Vault boy Eddie:

Since the song is pretty much asking if the game was what you expected, I think it fits perfectly, the fact that the dude is a pathetic piece of crap should have no bearing in the situation lol.

It would fit the lyrics, but it would deliver him the attention he's seeking. Although it wouldn't matter anymore, when I think about it. His video has already been watched more than a million times.

I do prefer this formula: Rebecca singing with footage from the game being shown randomly. It's after all what the series is about: a down-to-earth girl singing about the games she loves and hates.

Besides: I think they would need permission of the uploader to process the video. And I don't think The Escapist wants to be associated with that strange bloke.

Joa_Belgium:

Vault boy Eddie:

Joa_Belgium:

Vault boy Eddie:

It would fit the lyrics, but it would deliver him the attention he's seeking. Although it wouldn't matter anymore, when I think about it. His video has already been watched more than a million times.

I do prefer this formula: Rebecca singing with footage from the game being shown randomly. It's after all what the series is about: a down-to-earth girl singing about the games she loves and hates.

Besides: I think they would need permission of the uploader to process the video. And I don't think The Escapist wants to be associated with that strange bloke.

Stange bloke indeed, and not just The Escapist, but I don't even think his mother wants to be asociated with him.

great job

I have to say this and resident evil one have been my favorite

Heh. I have the same tea kettle. Nice song that you got there.

I was waiting for a chorus about the lack of dedicated server support. Instead she went for some psuedo-existentialist thing. Oh well.

At least she looks cute in camo gear, and the guitar sounds nice. What model of guitar is it, does anyone know?

Wonderfully, really wonderful. I wasn't sure what to make of it, except that it touched me, and made me very sad, but a good sad. Wonderful. Thank you so much.

Naughty, naughty Rebecca. That song was such a sneaky dig at hard-core gamers. May you never change. :D

That was beautiful. I know every week is good but that was really something special.

Hey does anybody know if there are mp3´s available anywhere for these songs?

I like it feels like a metaphor for looking back on a past lover realising that they weren't that great after all and why did you waste your time.

Rebecca Mayes:
Modern Warfare 2

Rebecca Mayes looks at Modern Warfare 2 through night vision goggles.

Watch Video

That was poignant...

...Um...You have a fine behind by the way.

But, yeah - Lovely song.

I am going to get myself banned for this, but you people have a terrible taste in music.

The Lyrics don't rhyme, and don't even sound like they should be placed together, she has a subpar voice, and most of all the song was just a huge "HEY GUYS, LOOK, I'M JUMPING ON A BANDWAGON!".

I really wish I had other things to do instead of purposefully listening to this and then getting myself banned for it.

Also, to all people who will most likely think or say "If you don't like it, don't watch it"

No fucking way?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or