Join the Aliens vs. Predator Battle on The Escapist!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Chaos-Spider:
Can we switch between the three AvP factions to get all the badges?

It doesn't say anything against it in the rules but I wanted to make sure.
Going to try though.

Doubt that you can, people would start bouncing over to the winning team a lot which would defeat the purpose of the competition.

Damn US only stuff :( Escapist skips us all again. Least I got a sweet alien badge out of it,... totally as good as a tv :( I get it though its better to be able to offer the US residents something extra than to not offer everybody the same when it cant be done.

Jaredin:

EMFCRACKSHOT:
Why is it nearly everything awesome like this is US only? Its just not fair ;_;

Aye...ah well. Like everything EU gets forgotten every time...

Prolly not Escapists fault though...they gotta operate in terms they have been given so...

Well, we should not complain, us Europeans might suffer some, but Australians get screwed over constantly. Banned games and late releases for them all the time.

I can't figure out how to attack. Is there something that I am missing?

AnarchistAbe:

That depends, whose side are you on? :D

Just a reminder - Make sure you get your 5 points for becoming a fan of the Aliens vs. Predator Facebook Fanpage! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aliens-vs-Predator/99400508314?filter=3

Just make sure you include your Escapist username in a post on the fanpage itself or we won't be able to track you!

AstorSapolsky:

AnarchistAbe:

That depends, whose side are you on? :D

Aliens

i know i made a twitter just for this, bah!

I'm still unclear: Can one only Tweet for a point once per attack session or does every AvP-related Tweet during an attack phase earn one a point?

EDIT: Guess I'll see when the leaderboard is updated. Posted quite a few Tweets during this last attack phase just to see.

TraumaHound:
I'm still unclear: Can one only Tweet for a point once per attack session or does every AvP-related Tweet during an attack phase earn one a point?

EDIT: Guess I'll see when the leaderboard is updated. Posted quite a few Tweets during this last attack phase just to see.

TraumaHound:

Once per attack session. The twitter points will be tallied once or twice a day, so be patient on those.

Also, everyone make sure to update your profile with your Twitter account, otherwise our script won't know to assign you points for the Tweets you make.

paulgruberman:
Once per attack session. The twitter points will be tallied once or twice a day, so be patient on those.

Cool, thanks for the clarification. Still, it's fun to write little Predator quotes from the battelfield, even if I only got credit for one of them. :)

Great, i dont have twitter :\

Distorted Stu:
Great, i dont have twitter :\

You can get one, they are free! https://twitter.com/

Then, follow @TheEscapistMag and link it to your Escapist profile.

Hey, how do I see my points? Am I the one at the very bottom of my race's leaderboard? because there's no name next to it and it only says "1". I'm sure this sounds like a stupid question, and I feel kind of stupid for asking it.

This is what finally convinced me to make a Twitter. Come on, Aliens aren't that far behind, we can still pull it off. Can't stop the perfect species.

n9philim:
This is what finally convinced me to make a Twitter. Come on, Aliens aren't that far behind, we can still pull it off. Can't stop the perfect species.

Well apparently people are bigger fans of dreadlocks and meatbags than the creatures responsible for the perfect horror and action movies (Alien and Aliens, respectively).
I am honestly surprised by how many people are choosing Predator.

Yeah, pretty sad. Just get a bunch of your friends to join. Even if they just do the facebook thing, it's still an extra 5 points. We'd just need about 200 of those to pull ahead... lolol. I've gotten 3 to join so far...

Edit: lol, added an extra zero up there, obviously. BUT DO GET 200 PEOPLE.

DeChunk:
Hey, how do I see my points? Am I the one at the very bottom of my race's leaderboard? because there's no name next to it and it only says "1". I'm sure this sounds like a stupid question, and I feel kind of stupid for asking it.

You were cloaked. I fixed the leaderboard sensors to account for that.

Man i could go for a 360 but right now im in 6th place i need to pull all nighters to catch p and dammit put on the coffee because thats what im gonna do! ^_^

I see that some people are posting multiple tweets on their attacks... this doesn't add to your score, right? Oh, and I posted a tweet that had the right link, etc., but this one hasn't showed up on the #AVPbattle section as far as I can tell. Does that mean it won't be counted, and if I repost on the off chance that there was some glitch, will I be penalized for the double post?

I found the answers to my questions now. It turns out I was right assuming it might be me not being much of a Facebook user. I noticed I can filter "AvP and Fans", "Just AvP", or "Just Fans", and the middle one was active. Picking one of the others showed me a bunch of names. I added my own.

Chaos-Spider:
we need to follow Twitter to find out when the fights are!?

You don't actually need to follow, you don't need a Twitter account, you can simply check this page manually every now and again. You just won't get the optional, second point, because you do need a Twitter account to tweet.

Personally I don't feel like tweeting that often about this. Of course I'm busy enough at work to miss most of the attack waves in the first place. :( No matter, I already won the Aliens badge. :) (Not eligible for anything else.)

AnarchistAbe:

You just need to wait until the big "Attack" button appears on The Escapist's AvP page, along with a countdown timer. If they're not there, wait a while and visit the page again. Attack before the timer runs out. (After attacking the button turns into a "Tweet" button.) Of course it's more efficient to check the announcements on the Twitter page than refreshing the AvP page the entire time.

My God, aliens are getting curb stomped by the predators. I thought that the Predators would be more popular (they can cloak and have guns that shoot energy) but man...this does not look good for humans or aliens.

Well, I did get this cool Marine Badge...

Goddammit.
I deleted my Twitter account months ago because it's a POS site for attention whores.

NOW I have to make a new one just to play this game. -_-

Just so everyone knows, Marines or Aliens could still overtake the Predators at this time. You just need to find more Aliens and Marines to help!

We the Predator Clans are united in the war against the humans and the Xenomorph's! imageRAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Alins all the way.
Has anyone come into the problem of predators mining the areas you spawn?

...about 10 1/2 hours left in this grueling battle. Thankfully, my Predator biology allows for such extended campaigns. Gonna need a long soak in the space tub and a space massage when this is over, though. And maybe a space martini or two.

Joshc Shin:
My God, aliens are getting curb stomped by the predators. I thought that the Predators would be more popular (they can cloak and have guns that shoot energy) but man...this does not look good for humans or aliens.

Aliens always will survive. In the end there's always one that hitchhikes with the enemy. :D

Well, good game, all. Predators have definitely taken it now. Since there's no point in hiding our strategies anymore, I had actually written up a nice little tutorial for joining the contest and then fanning the facebook page(it somewhat deceptively emphasized the need to join Aliens : P), and me and the other Alien players (the ones that we could find from forums and leaderboards, too bad we couldn't see all of them) were copy and pasting this tutorial on to mass emails, facebook messages, etc. etc. under the idea that we only needed about 40 people (more now) to join and do the facebook thing and we'd take first. It actually got us quite a few members, but something about Predators just draws in most people (and people tend to back the winner). We knew that if we didn't take the lead from them in the second day or so, people would keep joining them simply because they were ahead... and sadly we were just never able to equal the flow of people joining their side.

Well played though, all. I'm sure we could all use a bit of sleep after this one. : P Look forward to the next.

All random prizes from Twitter and overall faction point totals will be handled on Monday (tomorrow). Please stand by for the winner's page and us reaching out to potential winners. As soon as all of the information is in, we will announce all of the winners.

What's that you say? Time for the 20 point final lightning round? AWESOME.

Seriously though, I am sure I can speak for all of us when I say thanks for the fun time. And Twitter must be loving you, I think most everyone here made theirs just for this contest. Better get some sweet endorsements for that one. : P

Spinwhiz:
All random prizes from Twitter and overall faction point totals will be handled on Monday (tomorrow). Please stand by for the winner's page and us reaching out to potential winners. As soon as all of the information is in, we will announce all of the winners.

Hey Spinwhiz, I was wondering if I could join in the contest without being elligible for the prizes. You see I'm 17 and I know the game is rated M for Mature but I only want to obtain one of the badges. Is this ok or am I out of luck?

Polarix:

Spinwhiz:

Hey Spinwhiz, I was wondering if I could join in the contest without being elligible for the prizes. You see I'm 17 and I know the game is rated M for Mature but I only want to obtain one of the badges. Is this ok or am I out of luck?

Unfortunately this event has closed BUT keep checking back for more events in the VERY near future. I know for certain we have one coming up that will be 13+ AND international :)

I don't know who wrote this up:

The Escapist:
For the past week, Aliens, Predators and Marines have battled for dominance at The Escapist. As an elite hunter, the Predator has faced many formidable foes before, but none as ferocious as the Aliens or packing as much firepower as the Marines. However, this did not deter the Predator's thirst for their gruesome trophies. With an immense force, the Predators took down both the Aliens and Marines in what can only be considered the most gruesome and nightmarish event ever seen on The Escapist. The Predators cut a deadly swath of carnage across The Escapist, overcoming their foes in the name of victory.

...but it's certainly the most amazing description for what was but a marathon-series of Twitter postings. Bravo, this was good fun!

...now, where the hell am I gonna store all these Marine and Alien trophy-skulls? My wife says I can't bring them into the house...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.