Question of the Day, March 9, 2010

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Question of the Day, March 9, 2010

Final Fantasy XIII hits shelves today. FFVII is a fan favorite, but how do you feel about some of the other titles in the series?

the card game is about the only part of the FF series i like, so 8.

I voted for X-2 for the lulz.

8. My favorite overall, too. I loved the junction system, and the way you could heavily customize characters ability lists. My favorite system since FF5's amazing job system.

And the card game. That amazing card game.

From the given list would need to be 7...however overall is 5

No IX? Disappointed. Oh well, I voted VIII out of those. I don't care much for games outwith the main series, X-2 never happened, and XII was alright, but just doesn't compare to earlier entries in the series.

FF IX. I like everything about it, the characters, the story, the environment, the music, etc.
Even Quina is bareable when you have everything else to distract you from him/her.

Crap. I thought that said 7 not 8.

Onyx Oblivion:
8. My favorite overall, too. I loved the junction system, and the way you could heavily customize characters ability lists. My favorite system since FF5's amazing job system.

And the card game. That amazing card game.

I feel trolled.... :)

MentalBakura:
No IX? Disappointed. Oh well, I voted VIII out of those. I don't care much for games outwith the main series, X-2 never happened, and XII was alright, but just doesn't compare to earlier entries in the series.

I think the point of this question was to make us choose between the "lesser" FF games.

Lambi:
FF IX. I like everything about it, the characters, the story, the environment, the music, etc.
Even Quina is bareable when you have everything else to distract you from him/her.

Too bad FFIX wasn't a choice then :P

I didn't like any of them, I just liked VII, V and X.

Of the ones listed I would say 8. However if the one with Figaro family and the espers were there I would pick that.

Final Fantasy 6. /thread.

Tough choice between CC and XII but XII pulled through for its epic story and good gameplay overshadow the multiplayer fun of CC

Out of those? XII, because X-2 was stupid, VIII's story was tripping on acid and I didn't play the others. My favourite by far is IX; it just did everything right for me. I love it.

MNRA:

Lambi:

It's still my favorite FF.

But if we can only say the ones listed, FF XII. But only really because it's the first FF game I played.

swaki:
the card game is about the only part of the FF series i like, so 8.

There's something you don't see every day.

Very limited voting options here.

I haven't actually played any of those, but I've come 'closest' to playing VIII when I watched a friend playing it for a little while.

So by default that wins.

VIII

it was my first JRPG

oh, i remember the FUN i had with that

and it appealed to my "gather random crap" instincts, you had the magazines,the GF´s, the matterials some (and i do mean some) monsters dropped and the trading card game!

i loved trying to get all the rules in one area, just to see how challenging it could get hehe

Of those, my favorite is XII, and even that I didn't like all that much. Final Fantasy doesn't really do it for me.

Lambi:

MNRA:

Lambi:

But if we can only say the ones listed, FF XII. But only really because it's the first FF game I played.

FFIX was clever in that it was a tribute to the fans who had been around since the beggining. most of the items (rats tail etc.) were key items in earlier versions while still being a great game for the newcomers. heck they even reference VII and VIII ("Nor Cloud nor Squall will stop me")

OT:
VIII had some great ideas and was well executed but XII was the first (except possibly XI but I didnt play it) to really break from the formula of random ecounters in a set environment and started exploring other ways of running the combat. OK so you could set your gambits leave the game in a certain area running for a week and come back with everything you needed to win (Gambits were soooo broken) but it gets the Kudos for that

also it was a homage to star wars IV thru VI with one of the best 'leading men' the series has ever had (not vaan btw)

XII FTW

No VI? Aw, that's my favorite Final Fantasy game out of all.

Seeing as VII isnt there, I'd have to side with VIII on this poll

What about 5 or 6 or 10 ? ... the poll doesn't really give much choice

Nazrel:
Crap. I thought that said 7 not 8.

Same thing happened to me though it's an odd list.

I am heartbroken that FFX wasn't an option.

I am devastated that FFX-2 WAS. For shame.

crotalidian:

Lambi:

MNRA:

Lambi:

FFIX was clever in that it was a tribute to the fans who had been around since the beggining. most of the items (rats tail etc.) were key items in earlier versions while still being a great game for the newcomers. heck they even reference VII and VIII ("Nor Cloud nor Squall will stop me")

OT:
VIII had some great ideas and was well executed but XII was the first (except possibly XI but I didnt play it) to really break from the formula of random ecounters in a set environment and started exploring other ways of running the combat. OK so you could set your gambits leave the game in a certain area running for a week and come back with everything you needed to win (Gambits were soooo broken) but it gets the Kudos for that

also it was a homage to star wars IV thru VI with one of the best 'leading men' the series has ever had (not vaan btw)

XII FTW

I know. And I find it clever how every main character is a class from the former FF games. Zidane is a Thief, Garnet (I refuse to call her Dagger!) is a White Mage, Vivi is a Black Mage, etc.

And I assume you mean Balthier? Because I agree with you. He is awesome.

I see a distinct lack of any of the Final Fantasy games that I actually enjoyed.

On the other hand, there's an abundance of Final Fantasy games I felt like chucking out the window.

well, for one, thank you for not putting 7 on there, and i mean that.

OT: as of late 8 and 9 have been tied in my book, but 8 has been at the top of my list sence it came out, it was my first Final Fantasy and it has one of the most amazing storys in all of Final Fantasy.

8 from that list and overall from the series. Played this one first and was hooked from the opening cutscene.

Oh and gunblades!

I didn't like my options on this one. I like IX better than all the other choices.

FF8.

Replaying it atm. Amazing, brings back memories :) And entertaining too.

I have to go with 8, my first JRPG and to this day, one of my favorite FF games. Sure the story was totally wtfable, but I loved the junction system and that card game would keep me entertained for sooo long.

I can't actually vote. Aaaanyway, are we going for a FF question streak?

I see... number seven is not included... I am disappointed.
Well, I've only played two other RPG FFs. (Only tower defence one, apart from VI, VII, and VIII).
So I shall vote for VIII...

none of the above.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook