Unskippable: Magna Carta 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

"Hey I figured out how dynamite works!"
"Yay!"

classic

What the hell kind of an introduction was that!?

Great episode, I especially liked the "Count Alex" bit.

Why is this game called Magna Carta, anyway?

ARKSgtAlpha:
so they hired all the voice actors from the bleach english dubs? zaraki, ichigo, yoruichi?

Don't forget Rukia. In this game, Rukia = Rz...Rzep.... uh, Zephie, okay?

Yay she is 18!

ARKSgtAlpha:
so they hired all the voice actors from the bleach english dubs? zaraki, ichigo, yoruichi?

Actually, those people just happen to be THE people for dubbing. They're everywhere these days.

Surprisingly, this actual did a few things right compared to some of the older unskippable features

Unlike Zoids, It's history lesson had a war going on as the visuals... much more interesting.
Unlike so many narrated by the protagonist openings, they let the deep voiced guy do all the talking for interesting parts.
Unlike Eternal Sonata, the deep voiced narration was not a tourist advertisement for the setting.

That being said, is it too much to ask for to get a JRPG where you play as that clearily evil guy as he goes about his hostile takeover of the world (it would include choosing who you want to fight, destroying their village, attacking them with your second in command, getting your clearly insane scientist to devise a potentially apocalyptic device, completely crushing the now four memember party just to show off your strength, builting a giant floating fortress, developing a second form, and having a climatic battle on about 10 square feet of floor, flying in front of a somewhat colorful, yet deadly, backgound).

Ah Magna Carta 2... your characters have such strangely proportioned heads.

I remember Bang Zoom! did a dubbing workshop at Otakon last year and one of the titles they used was Magna Carta 2. So I managed to see the last scene about 20 times with different people voicing it over.

Nice to see the finished product.

nice episode

this wasent supose to be here.

pigmy wurm:

MaraJade03:

you do realize that Zelda is a JRPG right?

Not really. It is japanese, but it is only an RPG under the barest of criteria. If zelda is an RPG than almost every action game is an RPG (God of war, prince of persia, ninja Giden, devil may cry, ext), and at that point the distinction becomes pointless.

Also the Zelda CD-i games were made by an American company, animated and written by a Russian studio (who I believe had only a basic grasp on the English language), and it's existance is denied by the Japanese company that made the series in the first place, so it is anything but a JRPG.

That was kind of a massive dickmove on that one girl's part, pretty much sent the guy to his death for just being lazy. Can anyone explain to me what happened during that one fight right before we went to the island cause that was confusing as hell to me.

this week was awesome

"KAME-HAME-HOTPOCKET!!"
Genius guys, pure genius!
Now can someone explain what that idyllic island stuff with the amnesiac had to do with all that civil war nonsense at the beginning?

Whoever designed that kicky lady needs a lesson in human proportions.

Ah, nice work, as usual. I especially loved the bit about creating black holes an "Kamehameha pocket" all the discussion of names and dates.

Also, taht lady at the end seemd like a real bitch, if you ask me.

Was it just me or all the proportions of the characters all off? I'm pretty sure one of them had a neck bigger than their head.

canadamus_prime:
"KAME-HAME-HOTPOCKET!!"
Now can someone explain what that idyllic island stuff with the amnesiac had to do with all that civil war nonsense at the beginning?

You did ask:

Another funny episode, I particularly liked the Resonance of Fate reference.

its a trap!

Nice of you guys to keep tabs on her age, I always thought I was the only one to keep tabs on that.

BTW was that kicking chick in the end bit the same as the kid in the first bit?

If not, I am very confused...

The dynamite line got me.
No clue why, but it got me.

I think it might have been the cheering after.

The poking fight had me loling hard!

Liked the Resonance of Fate reference as well.

Why was that chick's head way way smaller than her boobs? This wasn't even the case of boobs being unrealistically large, this was a case of head being really damn small. What the hell?

Heheh! This is a good one. :)

Was it just me, or did the Main Character sort of seem like what's-his-name from Kingdom Hearts 1? On an island, just being a lazy dude, on a boat (everyone look at him)... and was amnesia a part of it? I forget. Either that or I'm thinking KH2.

Anyway, that had to be an EPIC boat crash! Just imagining it was a hoot.

So I really need to stop buying games and playing them for an hour before I forget about them. I saw this on the front page and immediately thought...Oh yeah, I was going to buy that. Maybe I should look into it again. Then I watched the video and remembered I already bought it but only played for like 45 minutes. Now I can't find where I put the damned thing....

OT: Kame-ha-me-hotpocket is my new favorite attack.

"What do you think Admiral Ackbar?"
"IT'S A TRAP!!!"

"See, the Admiral Ackbar test never fails."

lol.

Good episode guys.

canadamus_prime:
"KAME-HAME-HOTPOCKET!!"

My guess? He's the gauntlet-backhanding ninja guy. We'll find out during the game what evil he's done, and start to feel bad/pity/nothing for him because of it. We'll learn from this period of memory-free bliss, and become a good guy for justice, and fight for the lady he killed... or her cause, or something.

Just guessing. :)

(He was on a boat! Look at him!)

Blue-State:

Onyx Oblivion:
A Korean RPG? Nice change of pace.

That's right. This is a KRPG.

KOREAN? I wondered why it was so easy to understand.
Oh wait, no it wasn't!

Actually, I understood everything. You should pay closer attention.

Now, Resonance of Fate...I can't tell WTF happened in that. And I watched it 5 times.

Firia:

canadamus_prime:
"KAME-HAME-HOTPOCKET!!"

My guess? He's the gauntlet-backhanding ninja guy. We'll find out during the game what evil he's done, and start to feel bad/pity/nothing for him because of it. We'll learn from this period of memory-free bliss, and become a good guy for justice, and fight for the lady he killed... or her cause, or something.

Just guessing. :)

(He was on a boat! Look at him!)

Still seems like a rather unfunny episode of Monty Python (the cutscene I mean). Ok so we have extravagant civil war... And now for something completely different.

Scrumpmonkey:
Man you guys sure do a lot of JRPGs. Maybe it's becuase their design/ Stories/ pretense/ pomp is so easy to take the piss out of?

(edit; Indeed KRPG would be more fitting!)

Or it could be more to do with the fact that people on this website would get more of a laugh out of it as it seems there are more haters of JRPGs here than likers. Just throwing that out there.

I'm surprised you guys didn't continue past the boat part. The fact that neither the girl nor the boy seem to care about him nearly dying after a small argument definitely seems worthy of being poked fun at.

Still, this is definitely one of the top 15 Unskippables.

Not G. Ivingname:
Nice one, but can you please hold back on the J/KRPG's for a bit? I know it is easy Riffability, but can't you please do something else for a while? It has felt like a JRPG every other week for a while now. How about some bad FPS's cutscenes? Or how about the Zelda CD-i games (you know you have to do those eventially).

JRPGs are really only about >25% of what we do. See?

Magna Carta 2
Zoids Assault
Resonance of Fate
Dante's Inferno
Battlefield: Bad Company
Final Fantasy III
Vampire Rain
Stormrise
Folklore
Bayonetta
Bullet Witch
Assassin's Creed 2
Darksiders
Sonic Unleashed
The Saboteur
The Last Remnant, Part 2
The Last Remnant
Halo Wars
Dragon Age: Origins

As for FPS games... it's tough, because unless they're the kind that has a long unplayable sequence at the beginning (like Bad Company, or The Darkness) they usually just go right into the game, with nothing for us to work with.

Is it me or was the hero's voice the same as Capell from Infinite Undiscovery? I make the connection if only that they are tied for most ineffectual lead ever - well, them and Jack Russell from Radiata Stories. And Yuki from Grandia III. And Welkin from Valkyria Chronicles.

Does Japan have a ban on useful protagonists?

Last weed: Boring, ultra realistic politics in a pseudo fantasy setting!

This week: More entertaining, less ultra realistic politics in a complete fantasty setting!

The similarities? BOTH THE GAMES ARE TERRIBLE!

After I saw AVGN do those, I really don't need any more Zelda CD-i's.

LesIsMore:
Does Japan have a ban on useful protagonists?

yes. yes i believe they do.

as for the game...well, the first one was crap, why should the second be any different?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.