Unskippable: Magna Carta 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I like how that girl (whose head looks too small for her body) could potentially commit murder, and no one seems to care...

Is it just me, or do the main characters of these games all look and (especially) sound exactly alike?

LesIsMore:
Is it me or was the hero's voice the same as Capell from Infinite Undiscovery?

I don't think so - it is, however, the same voice actor who played Rush in The Last Remnant. You can't judge a voice actor based on the opening cut-scene though - the guy does a lot of work in anime (if I recall) - he can't be half-bad if he gets a lot of work.

dashiz94:

The similarities? BOTH THE GAMES ARE TERRIBLE!

Magna Carta 2 isn't a bad game, nor is Resonance of Fate (I think that was last weeks game - if not ignore that part). They might not appeal to you, but to fans of their respective genres they are good games.

Solusumbra:
well, the first one was crap, why should the second be any different?

Because they improved everything - the games are alike only in name really.

Maybe the weird forehead girl was Pope Innocent III, or the barons.
wait, that makes even less sense...

What did any of that have to do with the English sovreign document of 1215? Or that it has a sequel, for that matter

Funny, though

Do we care?
Just shut up XD

How did the two dudes at the end know he kid was in the boat? the lady with stupid shoes didn't even know until she looked inside and he barely sat up....

also, it was very convinient how they had Team Colors turned on, thee bad guys were red and the good guys were blue, is this an RTS???

so...much...cleavage.

GrahamS:

Not G. Ivingname:
Nice one, but can you please hold back on the J/KRPG's for a bit? I know it is easy Riffability, but can't you please do something else for a while? It has felt like a JRPG every other week for a while now. How about some bad FPS's cutscenes? Or how about the Zelda CD-i games (you know you have to do those eventially).

JRPGs are really only about >25% of what we do. See?

Magna Carta 2
Zoids Assault
Resonance of Fate
Dante's Inferno
Battlefield: Bad Company
Final Fantasy III
Vampire Rain
Stormrise
Folklore
Bayonetta
Bullet Witch
Assassin's Creed 2
Darksiders
Sonic Unleashed
The Saboteur
The Last Remnant, Part 2
The Last Remnant
Halo Wars
Dragon Age: Origins

As for FPS games... it's tough, because unless they're the kind that has a long unplayable sequence at the beginning (like Bad Company, or The Darkness) they usually just go right into the game, with nothing for us to work with.

True... but you guys have done 3 JRPG's in only 6 weeks, and for a show that comes out only once a week, it seams like it been doing a bunch of JRPG's for a while. I am not saying stop doing them, you just might want to consider putting a bit more space between them. Though I am sorry for confusing you with saying FPS, I meant that as an example of another genre for you guys to work your riffing magic on instead of JRPG's for a bit. Sorry for wasting your time for my idiocy.

Botched Botox!

Rather silly.. the vid, I mean.

I'm getting a little sick of them doing Monologue cutscenes.

Awesome video. Also, I agree that if Stephen Harper was more like Schuhenzeit, Canadian politics would be way more awesome.

Awesome job, yet again Grahm and Paul. The "This is how I would cook my microwave dinners if I had this power." joke really made me fall out of my chair clutching my side.

Khamehamehotpocket!!!

Not G. Ivingname:
True... but you guys have done 3 JRPG's in only 6 weeks, and for a show that comes out only once a week, it seams like it been doing a bunch of JRPG's for a while. I am not saying stop doing them, you just might want to consider putting a bit more space between them. Though I am sorry for confusing you with saying FPS, I meant that as an example of another genre for you guys to work your riffing magic on instead of JRPG's for a bit. Sorry for wasting your time for my idiocy.

I know what you're saying, but there's only so much we can do.
In fact, we do think about it. We had FFIII, Magna Carta 2 and Resonance of Fate ready to go at the same for time, but made sure we could find other games to break them up.

It's a trap!!

Great episode instantly because of this.

Hehe, I thought I heard right...

Grandia III and Magna Carta 2...main character is Johnny Young Bosch and the female "mother figure" is voiced by Michelle Ruff.

Hilarious.

Yuki? Miranda?

Firia:
Heheh! This is a good one. :)

Was it just me, or did the Main Character sort of seem like what's-his-name from Kingdom Hearts 1? On an island, just being a lazy dude, on a boat (everyone look at him)... and was amnesia a part of it? I forget. Either that or I'm thinking KH2.

Anyway, that had to be an EPIC boat crash! Just imagining it was a hoot.

You aren't the only one. I had seriuos kh1 falshbacks the whole second part of the vid, and wast waiting for a reference that whole time. But that was the only thing was dissappointed me. This Unskippable was awesome. loved the hotpocket joke

You make every game look like balls. Or do you just only review balls-y games?

Why do I have the feeling 15 and 18 year old versions of that character will look exactly the same?

Excellent work guys.

Ha, the main characters are the ones with the silliest clothes. Usually a safe bet indeed.

GrahamS:

Not G. Ivingname:

I know what you're saying, but there's only so much we can do.
In fact, we do think about it. We had FFIII, Magna Carta 2 and Resonance of Fate ready to go at the same for time, but made sure we could find other games to break them up.

Oh, I see. I always thought that you guys put this together each week like how Yahtzee does it. I didn't think you guys had to plan it out longer then that. Sorry for my misunderstanding, now that I think about it I can't even imagen how hard it must it be for you guys to get everything (E.N.N., Unskippable, Loading ready, etc.) all out on time.

Wow, I'm surprised you went this whole cutscene without once talking about a certain historical medieval document that revolutionized the concept of government.

"Hey, Juto fell!"

"Is he alive?"

"Do we care?"

"I... well... kind of, I think he's the main character."

This made me laugh. Well done, guys. A much better choice of opening, compared to last week.

So the princess was stabbed through the stomach by an androgynous... thing... exploded in a pillar of light, and is now maybe sort of dead perhaps. And is also 18. You know, if she's alive and all.

Yeah, ok, I really don't get what's going on, but at least there was actual animation in this cutscene.

Doesn't look like a bad game to play. The story line feels different and varied, though it seems the character emotions are kinda flat. It may improve overtime, however. In any case, great commentary ^~^!

I got all the way through the review with only my usual chuckles and grins for the humour.

Then it happened.

'Either your island has a very high watermark or you spectacularly crashed your boat.'

I laughed so loud I just had to apologise to the house mate who I woke up.

I'm suprised you didnt make a joke about the title of the name.....

So what was the deal with the civil war backstory BS? Not like it told us anything about the characters we'll actually be PLAYING as...

Onyx Oblivion:
A Korean RPG? Nice change of pace.

That's right. This is a KRPG.

Well there is J-pop and K-pop, so I guess that makes sense. Though I can't really see the difference and I play a lot of JRPGs.

GrahamS:

JRPGs are really only about >25% of what we do. See?

Magna Carta 2
Zoids Assault
Resonance of Fate
Dante's Inferno
Battlefield: Bad Company
Final Fantasy III
Vampire Rain
Stormrise
Folklore
Bayonetta
Bullet Witch
Assassin's Creed 2
Darksiders
Sonic Unleashed
The Saboteur
The Last Remnant, Part 2
The Last Remnant
Halo Wars
Dragon Age: Origins

As for FPS games... it's tough, because unless they're the kind that has a long unplayable sequence at the beginning (like Bad Company, or The Darkness) they usually just go right into the game, with nothing for us to work with.

While I agree that you don't only do JRPGs(or even mostly), and I don't mind when you do, I think what people more refer to when they make that complaint is a more Japanese/anime style. I italicized those that I think would also count.

I wish our Prime Minister looked that awesome. I would actually care about voting if I could vote for that guy!

I never comment on videos, but that was very good. I like the style of humour; nerdy and dumb, but still clever somehow. The reverse-puberty narrator line, for instance.

It's an overused and kind of lame thing to say, but... keep up the good work! And don't worry too much about what genres you make fun of. I have a feeling that most people who say you're making fun of a certain thing too much do so because they happen to be a defensive fan of that certain thing.

*giggles* Good episode, guys!!

"...and Alex?" Sounds like they ran out of inspiration, they put it all in the Princess and Prime Minister's name. Oh, and in the calendar name.
"Well, we'd be going a lot faster if we didn't go into dramatic slow motion every two seconds"
And I thought "yes, and if they weren't wearing ridiculously high heels and skimpy outfits"
Sure enough, you made the practical footwear joke at the end!! I love you for it!!!

*cough* Sorry... Hello, I'm Eleima, and ridiculous portrayal of women in games is one of my pet peeves... =*)

[snip]
My ISP had the hiccups. Sorry for the double post, disregard this one.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.