Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 17

Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 17

Lulzy heads off to fight some spiders, but apparently the spiders don't know that.

Read Full Article

This game really seems like a lot of fun.

I had a go when there was a free weekend on, I didn't get to play much because my computer decided to die that very same day.

I'll give it a try another time though.

Back to the main quest olee

Fabulous Comic as always Shamus! Keep up the laughs :D

I'm sure the bears will thank you for your generousity.. before they take over the Shire!

I look forward to the ever encroaching cynicism and impending loss of sanity in next weeks comic. Oh, how far that naive little bard has come...

Sometimes, you really just do want to smack friendly NPCs for stupidity.

Funny as always., keep it up Shamus!

The Tree to which you refer to saving sounds like a Nalwood tree from an entirely different mythos.

I liked this one i lol'd at the punching the guy with the bear problem (please don't hit me!)

I haven't ever mentioned it, but I've been reading these from the first and I love them. Great how you give your character a personality, and interact with the strange world of MMOs. And as a mac player this is as close as i get to lotro!

Sooooo.... there is a huorn in the Shire? Old Man Willow got tired of the Old Forest?

Or any other tree in that forest for that matter.

I can actually see this series ending with Lulzy having a mental breakdown and going on a rampage.

I'd like that :)

Ah I should start playing this again, I played a free trial and enjoyed it, but due to being a student I could only afford to put it on my credit card now...so next check and payment, I'm playing this again

I love reading these articles, but I must say the game sounds a bit... dull. Does it get more exciting than running around killing menial creatures for dimwitted villagers?

Lost In The Void:
Ah I should start playing this again, I played a free trial and enjoyed it, but due to being a student I could only afford to put it on my credit card now...so next check and payment, I'm playing this again

If you need a referral for the US servers just send me a PM and ill arranje one. You won't regret it, the game is pretty good.

Fun fact: The hobbit who is knocking the head off a goblin is in fact the very same hobbit who invented the game of golf (In the LOTR-universe that is. No there are no hobbits IRL).
I think he's mentioned in the beginning of "There and Back Again. Anyway, the goblin head flew surprisingly far away and landed in one of the plenty rabbit-holes closeby, If I remember correctly you'll even find plenty of rabbit-holes around that town in game.

The developers sure know their lore, so to say =)

Dude, seriously, amazingly entertaining. I love reading these! Keep it up!

Best fantasy-comedy I've read since I last played Baldur's Gate.

This is some good stuff. It reminds me of my own thoughts while playing some of the many RPGs I have played. No matter what game it is (FFXI, WOW, LOTRO) if it contains bears or bear looking creatures you can count on killing enough of them for every person to have a home made of bear skulls, but at least bears and spiders are feirce creatures. In FFXI you spend alot of time killing rabbits....there is something degrading about being level 60 something and it takes 6 of you to kill a rabbit.

Lulzy must be leveling up. She's really not putting up with their crap anymore!

Actually, the previous poster reminded me of something I was going to post here - Could we perhaps see how Lulzy is developing, level wise? Like, what skills and equipment she's got, beyond the fancy hat and cape?

Jenx:
Actually, the previous poster reminded me of something I was going to post here - Could we perhaps see how Lulzy is developing, level wise? Like, what skills and equipment she's got, beyond the fancy hat and cape?

You can keep track of a little of Lulzy's progress, well her gear and stats, at any rate, at the link below. Well, this is the incarnation of Lulzy on my server; I believe she's also been known to appear on Arkenstone.

http://my.lotro.com/character/silverlode/lulzy

As far as the bears in LotRO, I still rather enjoy killing them. Way back in beta, we were often attacked by The Ghost Bear, a glitch that would cause us to hear terrifying bear roars right behind us at the oddest of times. A couple of times I was really immersed in my Middle-earth experience, and got the horrifically loud roar while in the middle of a close combat, and really jumped in fear.... my wife got a good laugh out of it at any rate. Ghost Bear became the infamous bane of low-level-area players, and generated much discussion, including fun discussions of Ghost Bear Origin Theory. But ya, few mobs in games have actually started me as much as GB did (sheerly due to the volume) so I still don't mind taking a bit of revenge on his living kin.

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Ghost_bear

Thanks for that link. I'll check it out.

Fun fact: spider webs are made of silk, which is fire-resistant. Spider webs actually tend to shrivel more than outright catch fire. There's this misconception out there that spider silk is made of cotton or something, and is more flammable than gasoline.

and here we see Lulzy leveling up into more of a badass lass every day xD

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here