E3 2010: James Bond Is Back In GoldenEye 007 Wii Remake

Pages 1 2 NEXT

E3 2010: James Bond Is Back In GoldenEye 007 Wii Remake

At its E3 2010 press conference, Nintendo confirmed a long-rumored remake of one of the most beloved 64-bit games of all time: GoldenEye 007.

Remember how we reported that Activision would be revealing a remake of the classic N64 game GoldenEye earlier this month? Well, we were half right. It wasn't Activision revealing the game, but Nintendo - but a reveal is a reveal nonetheless.

The new GoldenEye gets both a literal and figurative facelift. On the figurative side of things, the graphics are better than those of the N64 original (as one would hope, anyway...). Taking the expression literally, though, James Bond looks a bit different: Pierce Brosnan has been replaced by current Bond du jour Daniel Craig.

But the same GoldenEye set pieces are still there - the tank chase through St. Petersburg, the famous dam jump at the beginning - so we can hope it's a worthy successor to the original.

Greg Tito has more from the Nintendo E3 conference.

Keep track of our E3 2010 coverage here.

I am sorry for those that hate motion control. But that Klobb just looks fucking cool.

+1 for the Wii!

Awww but no more Brosnan? That's to bad, he was the Bond I grew up with (And thus, my favorite).

The guy in the toilet is still there as well. Awesome.

Oddjob is also still here.
Short bastard...

Well, we can only hope.

And I will be hoping so damn hard.

Goldeneye was one of my first console games, and I love it so. I got it back when I was like 6, and I still play it regularly.

A nice modern update would be nice, but there's so much that could go wrong!

EDIT: And it seems people are complaining about it being on the Wii.

Which is made by Nintendo.

And the original was on the N64.

Which was also made by Nintendo.

Huh.

A Wii-make? Urgh no thank you. This is very, very, very disappointing...

Still that Klobb is the business!

Sweeeet! This is so cool! I hope, so hope it will be as great as the original!

Is it really a remake since it has Daniel Craig?

If they don't screw it up, this may convince me to buy a Wii.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww...................

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA>>>>>>>>>>

aw man, the wii? that suks im not gonna get a wii just for that game, no matter how amazing it was for the N64

James Bond is back in GoldenEye 007...
Yay! Freaking sweet!
...Wii remake.
Ah, damn it.

Krion_Vark:

Very much so. When they remake movies they normally have different actors in them, so why not with a game?

Personally I prefer Daniel Craig's Bond to Brosnan's, but it'll be weird seeing him in the old story. What are they doing with the other character models in the game? New actors too?

Daniel Craig wasn't in Goldeneye what are they doing zomgwtf

If this doesn't have an option for a standard controller then I will be passing this up since shooters do not work on the wii due to the delay on when the cursor actually moves.

If it has online play and plays nice with the Wii motion plus (also if it has the option to use Gamecube and classic controllers) then it may be the big hit of the year.

Fuck. Now I want a Wii.

Alfador_VII:

Krion_Vark:

Very much so. When they remake movies they normally have different actors in them, so why not with a game?

Personally I prefer Daniel Craig's Bond to Brosnan's, but it'll be weird seeing him in the old story. What are they doing with the other character models in the game? New actors too?

The thing is with Bonds though is that their all so distinct. You cant really pick and choose which Bond you want where. I cannot imagine Sean Connery's Bond playing in Goldeneye and I have a hard time imagining Craig popping out of a vent on top of soviet in the bathroom.

To me its messing with the canon but then again I would consider myself a fanboy so what I say should really be considered nill.

OT: Remakes are fun I guess. Its Goldeneye what is there to say?

dammit, another classic game fucked by the wii, give it to me on the xbox 360

syndicated44:
The thing is with Bonds though is that their all so distinct. You cant really pick and choose which Bond you want where. I cannot imagine Sean Connery's Bond playing in Goldeneye and I have a hard time imagining Craig popping out of a vent on top of soviet in the bathroom.

To me its messing with the canon but then again I would consider myself a fanboy so what I say should really be considered nill.

OT: Remakes are fun I guess. Its Goldeneye what is there to say?

Oh God that's a horrible thought, imagine Roger Moore in almost any of the more serious Bond films, or George Lazenby in anything at all...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'd much rather stick with Goldeneye: Source than buy a freaking Wii remake.

Sucks that they replaced Brosnan.

sweet, it best come with the klobb though

Brilliant. I really don't see what people are the whining about in regards to it being on the Wii. Most people who have a 360 probably didn't even grow up playing Goldeneye on the N64 anyway, so they won't miss it.

Its not Goldeneye without Brosnan, but this still looks promising.

Glad to hear this!

I hope its good, i actually liked Rogue Agent.

Oh God.
I swear im gonna go broke with all the delicious Sacrifices Nintendo has offered us today.

Unfortunate that they replaced Brosnan. I don't have the great GoldenEye memories that most seem to (I opted to almost totally skip the N64, a decision I certainly don't regret) but I'm curious to see how the controls end up on the Wii. It could be a disaster for all those who remember the original game so fondly.

Keep thee controls on par with the Metroid Primes or The Conduit, and it's a guaranteed buy for me.

... And this is why Nintendo overtly rules the world.

Now, if they wanted to troll gamers everywhere, they'd leave split-screen multi-player out.

Hopefully this will cause my Wii to see some use...

And why was the pun "Wiimake" not used in the title? I'm disappointed in you, Funk!

Damn you nintendo your got the Resident evil remakes isn't that enough.

OT:That is proberly the only peripheral i've seen that makes me want to buy a wii but then i remember that the number of bullshit games out weighs the games that matter on the wii.

FinalDream:

chaos order:
aw man, the wii? that suks im not gonna get a wii just for that game, no matter how amazing it was for the N64

brodie21:

Kajt:
Yay! Freaking sweet!
...Wii remake.
Ah, damn it.

Don't see how that's a bad thing since Nintendo owns the rights to Goldeneye!

it had better be an actual remake not that rouge agent crap they through at us last time around

So, this might seem a silly question, but who's actually developing the game?

Aura Guardian:

FinalDream:

chaos order:

brodie21:

Kajt:
Yay! Freaking sweet!
...Wii remake.
Ah, damn it.

Don't see how that's a bad thing since Nintendo owns the rights to Goldeneye!

I know, but I was kinda hoping with Perfect Dark been released on Xbox Live that maybe, just maybe, we could have seen a 360 or PSN version.

Kajt:
Yay! Freaking sweet!
...Wii remake.
Ah, damn it.

yeah, this.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username: