Check Out The Escapist Photo Mosaic!

Check Out The Escapist Photo Mosaic!

Thanks to your submissions, we've completed our photo mosaic. Come check it out!

We called, and you answered. Submissions for our photo mosaic have come pouring in, and it was wonderful to see so much support for The Escapist.

The Escapist is celebrating its fifth anniversary this week, and to celebrate we're publishing the magazine in PDF format for your viewing pleasure. Along with that, we'll be showcasing the photo mosaic as the cover. Thank you to everyone who sent in their photographs for the mosaic. The pictures were epic, and we want everyone to be able to view them in their full glory, so we have a special link so you can zoom in on the mosaic and locate your photo. Check out the photo mosaic here.

Again, thank you to everyone that made this possible!

(Image)

I tried, but I couldn't find myself. Probably should have looked for longer than thirty seconds.

Ah, Memories...

Cheer's everbody!

Thats so epic. I love it.

Brought a smile to my face! And here is to many more years to come!

Wow thats pretty good

Wait, what?

What "call"?
When did you talk about this?

WHY WASN'T I INFORMED?!

EDIT: Oh, and I found Calumon!
Do I get a prize?

TheNamlessGuy:
Do I get a prize?

Did you find all the Calumon on there? ^^

Calumon: Hugs for all who finds me! Thanks for doing this Escapist!

Crayzor:
I tried, but I couldn't find myself. Probably should have looked for longer than thirty seconds.

Shouldn't be too hard, but it takes a bit of time groveling over the image. I spotted mine twice fairly quickly, but mine's rather distinct. (Both times next to Kathleen De Vere dressed as an elf, which makes me think the program has an appreciation for wood and all things sylvan... or that the two images happen to be close to each other in terms of lightness, mine being mostly gray and the other being partly a whiteboard.)

Anyway, AWESOME cover. Great work guys!

(Edit: Found a third with no elf proximity. My hypothesis is ruined!)

Ah crap I totally forgot about this... Damn relations coming over disruptiong my internet schedule....

Im still gonna make the pic I was gonna make... and use it as an avatar or somethin.

Its pretty good though...
There seems to be alot of stills from the features on the site...
Is that because people are lazy and didn't send in enough pics and the staff added some in or is it because people are lazy and just Print-Screened their favourite episode of whatever and just sent that in.

Brilliant! Can we have badges for being on it?

Not that I can find myself, but I'm bound to be in there somewhere.

EDIT: Found myself!

EDIT THE SECOND: Twice!

Ehh, I found myself at least three times, but my picture sucked. I made up some funky Physiology drawings and some text on a whiteboard and held it up for the photo, but it's impossible to see any of it on the mosaic. Sigh.

I'd have to think of something simpler but more awesome for next year...

not to burst any ones bubble but that's not how u make a mosaic work... by overlaying what u want it to look like instead of using the photos to make it look like what u want.

but i guess your really ambitious when you wanna make a mosaic with that much color! XD

Well, that's pretty damn awesome. Well done to everyone who did this.

Amazing! Tried finding myself but looks like its gonna take some time. haha. Nice job guys. It looks amazing

I am very disappointed that I can't spot my own pic in there!
Oh, wait nevermind! =D Seriously, though, it's great to see all those awesome people in there! Happy birthday, Escapist, and here's to many more!

That was so cool, admittedly also kind of lame because I don't think I submitted my picture or even a picture of my avatar but it's still pretty bloody awesome nonetheless and it helps to make the Escapist feel like a really big online community.

Another excellent evidence how Escapist is contributing to the Web 2.0 image. It's a two-way street. Users and editors mingling with eachother and making this place like some kind of Magazine Paradise.

I admit I was lurking here for months before I signed in. The observation proved vital and I am picking the fruits of it, the community is simply awesome. Bananasandwich!

Wohoo! I'm practically in the middle! Obviously I'm the most important one.

I'm in there, multiple times, hooray! My love for Kathleen has been immortalized.

TheNamlessGuy:
Wait, what?

What "call"?
When did you talk about this?

WHY WASN'T I INFORMED?!

Do I get a prize?

We asked on at least three separate occasions in news posts.

I appear 3 times! I'm happy I contributed now :)

Susan Arendt:

So you're saying I should read every news post from now on in case you have one of these again?

God dammit.
I gotta get readin'.

Found my pic!
I had a lot of fun making it. I hope it fits well out there. After all everything is better with Giant Robots!

Yay, I found 2 of my pics.

Also, the heavy from Doomsday Arcade shows up next to itself at one point. Twice, actually.

Edit: 5 times. Plus I found one of the Guild Wars pictures.

TheNamlessGuy:

Susan Arendt:

So you're saying I should read every news post from now on in case you have one of these again?

God dammit.
I gotta get readin'.

Well, if you read every single last post, you'd have known three times over, so perhaps just read more than you currently do?

Susan Arendt:
Well, if you read every single last post, you'd have known three times over, so perhaps just read more than you currently do?

Actually, I would probably have caught it, but I was away for a week to my aunt's place.
She has dial up, because apparently she thinks this is the stone age.

I mean, god dammit, I go away for a week and miss this and the ask-the-staff-thing?
Make sure I'm here next time, please

This is awesome!

And cool, I found myself!

TheNamlessGuy:

Susan Arendt:

Actually, I would probably have caught it, but I was away for a week to my aunt's place.
She has dial up, because apparently she thinks this is the stone age.

I mean, god dammit, I go away for a week and miss this and the ask-the-staff-thing?
Make sure I'm here next time, please

We posted in three separate weeks. Sorry, but it's not your aunt's fault.

Susan Arendt:
We posted in three separate weeks. Sorry, but it's not your aunt's fault.

God dammit.
And god damn all the people who knew about it and knew I didn't know

You should have a big front page thing about these things, with fireworks and whatever!
If you can somehow download fireworks onto the server, that is

Hoorah, I found my picture!

Happy birthday escapist!

This is going to take forever to find myself. But no doubt I'll flip and squeal if I do.

EDIT: Hey, that was fast! I found me! I'm on the upper right in-between the two yellow balloons and the red & the green one.

Susan Arendt:

Oh fudge-grubber, I always miss these things! I feel left out *sigh* Oh well, still an awesome mosaic, I always love these kinds of pictures made up of a bunch of different pictures.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and happy birthday Escapist! Here's to 5 more years of internet!

Vrex360:
That was so cool, admittedly also kind of lame because I don't think I submitted my picture or even a picture of my avatar but it's still pretty bloody awesome nonetheless and it helps to make the Escapist feel like a really big online community.

I don't expect this to cheer you up, but it still is Halo Related:

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.