PRIZE UPDATE: Zero Punctuation Celebrates 100,000 Facebook Fans With ZP T-shirts Giveaway

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

PRIZE UPDATE: Zero Punctuation Celebrates 100,000 Facebook Fans With ZP T-shirts Giveaway

Zero Punctuation now has over 100,000 Facebook fans! To celebrate, we are giving our Facebook fans a chance to win a ZP t-shirt.

Zero Punctuation, The Escapist's groundbreaking videogame review series starring Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw, has been part of your Wednesday for almost three years. Thanks to all of our Zero Punctuation fans, the ZP Facebook fan page has broken 100,000 fans today! To celebrate this, we are going to give away 50 ZP t-shirts at random. To enter for your chance to win, here is what you must do:

• If you aren't already a ZP Facebook fan, become one by clicking here and then click on the "like" button at the top of the page.
  • Respond to our link about this giveaway on the ZP Facebook page, which can also be found here.
  • Include your Escapist username in your comment. You MUST post a comment to have a valid entry.
  • For example: "Zero Punctuation is why I wake up on Wednesday! Escapist Username = Spinwhiz"
  • You can post through Tuesday, August 3rd. Winners will be notified Wednesday, August 4th

Extra Entry!

If you would like to increase your chances of winning a t-shirt, tweet about today's video using this link - http://ow.ly/2hOz3 and these hashtags - #ZPfans #ESC.

As an example, your tweet may look like this: "Crackdown 2 gets reviewed on today's Zero Punctuation! http://ow.ly/2hOz3 #ZPfans #ESC"

Please remember to update your Escapist profile with your Twitter username, otherwise we won't be able to verify the extra entry.

RULES:

• You must be a registered member of The Escapist. You can sign up for your free account by clicking here, or Login with Facebook.
  • You must be at least 13 years of age.
  • You must be currently residing in the United States or Canada.
  • Winners will have 24 hours to respond to our email or their entry will be void.

It is because of you, the fans, we are celebrating this momentous occasion, so once again, THANK YOU!

UPDATE

In an effort to include all ZP fans around the world, we have come up with something to give those ineligible to win a t-shirt. As of right now, all ZP fans not living in the US or Canada may follow the same rules as above and be entered into winning 1 of 50 limited edition ZP T-shirt badges for your profile!

Nawh US or Canada only -__-

Back to stalking THQs competition section...

Sucks I deactivated my account :-(

Wonder the range of sizes available though.

*Sigh*

It's a shame it's always the US and Canada.

That's a pretty sweet shirt, but dare I sacrifice Escapist anonymity for some new threads?

Please note, you MUST comment on the Facebook page under this announcement. Not in this thread.

UPDATE

In an effort to include all ZP fans around the world, we have come up with something to give those ineligible to win a t-shirt. As of right now, all ZP fans not living in the US or Canada may follow the same rules as above and be entered into winning 1 of 50 limited edition ZP T-shirt badges for your profile!

One thing that really bothers me. Yahtzee is an Englishman. He currently resides in Australia. And yet, this competition is, yet again, only open to people living in North America? Not only is that fairly silly and illogical anyway, but it's also completely unfair on everyone who isn't in North America. Normally I get annoyed when there are US-only contests on this site, but I shrug them off and forget about them. This one though? Completely unfair, and I'm exceptionally disappointed right now. It's always the same old story, every single time...

This comment is not available in your country.

Spinwhiz:

• You must be currently residing in the United States or Canada.
  • FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

That rule in this competition like this is kind of fail, considering a good chunk of The Escapist reside elsewhere other than Canada and the US. I mean, I can see how getting the rewards to people might be difficult, but still.

EDIT: Ninja x4? New Record?

Well this would be immensely fun if I lived in the United States or Canada, was here during the first half of August, and was prepared to actually make any exertion on my part in the slightest.

As it is, I'll just sit here and have fun while you North Americans have fun enjoying an Australian based, British born reviewrer.

EDIT: Oh dear escapist, you seem to have posted this at a time where British and otherwise outside of the US people are posting. How unfortunate for you to have the flaws in your competition's fairness pointed out...
    At the time of writing this, 9 of the 14 comments here don't seem to like the location part very much...

Trivun:
    One thing that really bothers me. Yahtzee is an Englishman. He currently resides in Australia. And yet, this competition is, yet again, only open to people living in North America? Not only is that fairly silly and illogical anyway, but it's also completely unfair on everyone who isn't in North America. Normally I get annoyed when there are US-only contests on this site, but I shrug them off and forget about them. This one though? Completely unfair, and I'm exceptionally disappointed right now. It's always the same old story, every single time...

Agreed.

You should give us all a badge Spinwhiz.

That way I'd be happy as my prediction was half right.

I'm getting all psyched on getting a shirt and then... US and Canada only. Bummer! C'mon, I'll pay for the shipment, I just want a shirt and to put a witty line on the Facebook page xP

just did it! hope im one of the lucky 50!

Trivun:

Took the words out of my mouth.

Seriously escapist, give us brits some love for once.

I Commented So Therefore i AM the TARDISMANOX

Crap... US and Canada only... And I've already posted my comment...

I should have known better.

Do I have to link my Phasebook account to Escapist in order to enter? 'Cause... There ain't no way I'm doing that.

Well shit on my shorts.

US and Canada only? No fair :(

Trivun:

I suppose the logic is that Yahtzee isn't personally making the T-Shirts in his flat in Australia.

As far as I can tell, Split Reason is an Canadian company, who produces all their T-Shirts in Canada, so the cost of shipping the T-Shirts to the UK or Australia would probably be disproportional compared to the value of the prize being offered.

I also suspect that some kind of American Customs laws regarding competitions and exporting prizes internationally has some bearing, and the Escapist being an American company probably already has to pay some levy or tax because they're offering a prize being being made by a Canadian company, rather than supporting the US T-Shirt industry.

International trade laws and politics make a lot of things seem unfair, but I'm sure they're completely logical if you really want to look into it.

Personally I don't like that fact I can't buy Region 1 DVD's and play them on my Region 2 DVD player, but I know there are reasons behind that which I can't change.

So many people complaining about being outside the US/Canada. And I'm going to join them - I want a t-shirt (or any of the other competition prizes), but can't win one, because I'm stuck in England.

Trivun:

You took the angry comment right from my finger tips. I got so excited by the opportunity to enter only to read the fine print and be disappointed as usual.

Ugh, another Facebook-required event. Facebook should be paying you guys for the number of contests/giveaways you have that require an account.

Ironic, too, when you consider all the news articles posted on this site talking about how the founder of Facebook and, I'm pretty sure, current president, doesn't believe in respecting privacy. Last I checked signing up for a Facebook account required at the very least your full name. No way.

I never win, but who cares.

Even I managed to show my gratitude to everything that had happened around ZP.

Crap. Now I have to check my email frequently.

Well, I suppose this gives me an excuse to do something about those 300 unread messages...

J03bot:
    So many people complaining about being outside the US/Canada. And I'm going to join them - I want a t-shirt (or any of the other competition prizes), but can't win one, because I'm stuck in England.

But you can win one! Just go to the link, submit an entry fee of $18.95 USD, select your size, and voila! Instant winner!

I know, I'm an asshole.

So when exactly is this "Residents of elsewhere" promise coming to fruition? :P

Jamash:

I suppose the logic is that Yahtzee isn't personally making the T-Shirts in his flat in Australia.

As far as I can tell, Split Reason is an Canadian company, who produces all their T-Shirts in Canada, so the cost of shipping the T-Shirts to the UK or Australia would probably be disproportional compared to the value of the prize being offered.

I also suspect that some kind of American Customs laws regarding competitions and exporting prizes internationally has some bearing, and the Escapist being an American company probably already has to pay some levy or tax because they're offering a prize being being made by a Canadian company, rather than supporting the US T-Shirt industry.

but, split reason ship internationally and are perfectly fine with letting us brits win t-shirts from their own facebook competitions.
    Right now it seems that people who don't live in the US or canada only get to take part in maybe 1 in 5 escapist competitions, and its really quite annoying. You get all excited and then you see "Open to residents of US and canada only" and feel a little bit rejected.

rescuer86:

J03bot:

But you can win one! Just go to the link, submit an entry fee of $18.95 USD, select your size, and voila! Instant winner!

I know, I'm an asshole.

There's a variety of styles too, in case the normal ZP one doesn't take my fancy!

US only? pah. Yahtzee is a British reviewer working out of Australia.

Ah well, I've never exactly been one for internet merchandise anyway, much more interested in acquiring another gig t-shirt

Sweeet~ And! Thats alot of fans!! Epic work!

At first, I was like: "ZOMG!!"
    And after writing a message and reading it all; "You must be currently residing in the United States or Canada."

I have but one thing to tell you and I will have Jean-Luc Picard to tell you it;

Of course, US and Canada only. This sucks so hard, there never are cool rewards for Europe.
    :/

damn it, i wanted to enter this too bad i dont live in north america........

I'm just going to join the masses here saying:

Come on Escapist, it is heartbreaking to get excited about these competition and see, yet again, it is Americans and Canadians only. Don't we, your international fans, deserve some recognition?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
    With Facebook:Login With Facebook
    or
    Username:  
    Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
    Register With Facebook
    Register With Facebook
    or
    Register for a free account here