Question of the Day, August 11, 2010

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

I've been facinated with space since I was a kid, so if it was within my price range I'd take a trip up.

It would be a great conversation starter if nothing else.

I have to admit... a space wedding does sound like a bloody rippa idea. I want one.

Absolutely.

Without hesitation. Space and our solar system has always facinated me, why wouldn't I want to get a little closer to it?

In a heartbeat, yep. I've been fortunate enough to take a Zero G flight, and that was one of the most fun experiences of my life. Add being able to see the Earth? Uh, heck yeah, sign me up!

YES...just get me off this fucktard-saturated planet!!!!!

Without hesitation provided we have ships that can move much faster by then. I want my wedding and honeymoon in a different solar system!

I love space.

I don't travel much, but going into space? Hell yeah I would! I would also like to spacewalk.

Considering the physical exams needed and the fact for all the fun involved you just spend days in a tight, closed environment without being able to go anywhere really, i don't think it would be worth the time and effort.
As much as space travel sounds awesome on paper, reality is less colorful and a lot more harsh. I'd go crazy after 8 hours of being stuck in a big floating can. Poke me when we have awesome intergalactic cruisers with whole deck dedicated to recreation of earth nature life with trees, grass etc.

If I had an unlimited amount of money (i.e. spending money on this wouldn't stop me spending money on something more useful) then yeah, why not. If it was 'go into space or buy something useful', then no.

Fuck yeah!

Always wanted to see the planet from above. It must be gorgeous!
Also, to be able to see so many stars with the naked eye must be a mind blowing image as well.

YES! And while they're at it, hurl earth into the sun aswell!.....oh wait, i actually can't afford it, JUST KIDDING FOLKS!!! HARHAR! *tiptoes away into a dark alley before the torches and pitchforks rise*

Hell yea! Only on a Russian Soyuz though. I don't trust any other spacecraft.

I'm quite happy on solid ground on good ol' Earth.

Why WOULDN'T someone want to do that?

I wouldn't go into space until the technology was much better. If we were in a star trek or battlestar glactica type civilisation then sure otherwise I don't think I'd be up for it.

Without a doubt, yes.

Even if I could only afford the trip up and they left me in orbit to die I would consider it worth the trip.

With the proper physique and funds? Hell yes.

No, because apart from the zero-gravity aspect, the reality of space travel would be pretty boring to me, and even zero-gravity would become annoying after a while (around about the time I needed my first space-dump).

Also, I'm not sure if I want to experience that life changing moment when I look upon our planet from space and feel all that awe and insignificance, because once experienced it can't be un-experienced, my concern is that it would affect my ability to relate to people on my return and leave feeling alienated and aloof.

Hell yes! Ive been wanting to do this since i learnt it was possible! On my list to do before i die.

Yes, mainly because I'm a bit bored on Earth at the moment. I guess I really need more information. For instance, if I was stuck in a small station for two years, then no, but if it was a short trip into space or (although it'll never happen) a Star Wars-esque adventure then FUCK YES.

That would be a colossal waste of money, I assume it would be very expensive, and even if not I dread to think of the carbon foot print of a round trip to space. It would be a stupid, irresponsible and foolhardy thing to do.

Yeah sure, sounds like fun.

Nah. Never really thought about going into space, never wanted to xD If I had enough money to go up into space, I'd spend it on something else.

I definitely would if I could. Just remember. NO FOOD.

I would definitely go into space if I could!

I can only imagine what it would be like...
Well, I'm sure that it would be fun!

Continuity:
That would be a colossal waste of money, I assume it would be very expensive, and even if not I dread to think of the carbon foot print of a round trip to space. It would be a stupid, irresponsible and foolhardy thing to do.

And yet, I would still do it.

Yes. Yes, I would. It's not an opportunity to be missed.

nope, it's still too early and the tech isn't that great. there's just too much that could go wrong right now, i'd rather just be happy on Terra and live it up with my (what i assume is) absurd cash to burn.

of course then id do a live broadcast and be like "IM IN SPACE BITCHES!!!"

Furburt:
Yep. I've always loved seeing the big picture, and you can't get much bigger than that.

I wonder if they'd let me come on drunk. That'd be interesting.

That would be awesome!

Wait! What if they let you go into space stoned! And then film it so you can watch the hilarious results when you come back.

Lizardon:
I've been facinated with space since I was a kid, so if it was within my price range I'd take a trip up.

It would be a great conversation starter if nothing else.

"Hey, how was your weekend?"

"Oh, it was great I sa-"

"Oh yeah?! Well I went into motherfucking space!"

Sure, then i could finally get home.

RaphaelsRedemption:
I know space is a big adventure and all... I'm just not a big adventurer!

Summed it up better than I ever could.

Continuity:

Haha, Stupid and Irresponsible? You do know that they actually offer these trips to people that have the money right? (I heard somewhere it'll cost around 20 mil, but i'm not sure which currency)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here