Unskippable: Jumper: Griffin's Story

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Jumper: Griffin's Story

And, to no one's surprise, a movie-license video game wasn't very good.

Watch Video

Just one of my nits, but the description reads best as:

"And, to no one's surprise, a movie-license video game wasn't very good."

That 3rd comma just really messes it all up.

Edit: Glad I could help, and thanks for ending the twitch. :)

Sorry but... who the hell was Griffin in the first place and why were we meant to care?

SaintWaldo:
Just one of my nits, but the description reads best as:

"And, to no one's surprise, a movie-license video game wasn't very good."

That 3rd comma just really messes it all up.

Fixed.

Interesting; what made a bad movie and a terrible game, brought forth a fantastic Unskippable.

No offense but even you guys couldn't make this horrible game exciting enough to watch. I kept getting reminded of Boondocks Saints.

Coliumbos:
Sorry but... who the hell was Griffin in the first place and why were we meant to care?

He was the jumper in the film who wasn't played by half-Ent Hayden Christensen.

My GOD that was bad! (The game, not Unskippable, Unskippable can never be bad!)

Question, how can you make a death quick when you're using a police baton?!

"Hey, how do we make up for the Wii's graphics limitations?"

"Let's rip off InFamous!"

"Great! But just in case, let's take away the artsy and interesting aspects of that and just make it boring!"

"Great idea"

Distorted Stu:
My GOD that was bad!

Question, how can you make a death quick when you're using a police baton?!

Well, he is a teleporter. He could teleport the guy somewhere where death would be quick.

Hubilub:
"Hey, how do we make up for the Wii's graphics limitations?"

"Let's rip off InFamous!"

Tad difficult for them to have done, since this game came out over a year before InFamous.

Hey, is there an actual reason for the government to want to kill all the jumpers? And how are they doing it effectively? I mean, they can teleport. At least the bad guys in X men had giant fucking robots.

I never thought I could hate art, but this game has proven that.

I could never understand the logic behind the "Paladin's" motivation. Hell, the whole movie was a really weak X-Men knock-off. "We hate you because God says people can't travel efficiently and have practical uses, like deliveries and assassinations."

I may be wrong about the reasoning behind the film's antagonists, but I only saw it once, and couldn't give a damn about it.

I really hope I never have to play that game.

Ssssd...sidssssd...sssdiiiiissdd....ssssidissssid?

Sorry Graham, sorry Paul, I don't know how to pronounce SDSD either. T-T

Wow, I was waiting all day for this.
Good show. Not surprised that game was bad. I never even heard of it!

so, what was that game?

Movie and game completely passed me by.

Also - how can you effectively capture anyone who can smegging teleport? Plot holes, amirite?

graham's irish accent is soo much better than the guys in the game. officially graham should go into voice over acting. i know someone he would beat, :P

God, I don't think I've ever heard a more overdone accent outside of comedy.

Also why did this come out on the PS2, and not the PS3... in 2008? WTF?

Wow. That was terrible. They even used concept art for the cutscenes, which is even worse.

Wow... that was pretty awful. The accent was horrible.

Jbird:
"We hate you because God says people can't travel efficiently and have practical uses, like deliveries and assassinations."

Let's be honest, there have been things that have made less sense done in god's name in real life.

The first book (Jumper) was great, the second (Reflex) was good. The rest, movie, game and last book is rubbish.

Le_Lisra:
Movie and game completely passed me by.

Also - how can you effectively capture anyone who can smegging teleport? Plot holes, amirite?

Some sort of extendo arm

This game just doesn't look good at all. Maybe I would be even slightly interested if Sam Jackson played the character in the game like he did in the movie but I doubt it. Loved Graham's accent.

Also what the hell guys? Why'd it take so long?

I think, seriously, that this Unskippable episode was one of the most Hilarious there is, until now!

I had never heard of this...none the less very intresting

I'd pronounce it Sid Sid. You'd think with the Paladin's vast wealth and years of experienced mystical being type killings that they'd come up with better than just a grapple stun baton, a jump rift opener, and a knife to fight jumpers.

They might as well have given the Jumper a gun and it'd be shorter cut scenes.

Movie-Fail+Game-Fail=EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

And I though Zoids Assult was bad, this is just horrible, at least Zoids didn't look like a lame comic book*.

*note I'm not saying comic books suck, I'm just saying that this was a lazy design choice and pathetic execution.

Kapol:

Jbird:
"We hate you because God says people can't travel efficiently and have practical uses, like deliveries and assassinations."

Let's be honest, there have been things that have made less sense done in god's name in real life.

I wouldn't doubt it.

The guy who played Griffin grew up in my hometown.

That's the only time I'm going to refer to this shithole semi-positively.

I had such a hard time following that. I've even seen the movie, but those cutscenes make no sense. Chocolate bars and binoculars is a magical combo though.

cardinalwiggles:
graham's irish accent is soo much better than the guys in the game. officially graham should go into voice over acting. i know someone he would beat, :P

Sadly, I have to agree with you, even though Grahams accent is pretty far off. That one in the game was atrocious.

What's up with that line where he says "If there's one thing I hate.." with that incredibly odd emphasis on the "hay" part of word? Nobody in Ireland talks like that! Is that even an Irish accent? It keeps lapsing into Liverpool. And then Newcastle! And then back to stereotypical Irish! What the hell?

Anyway, great video, as always.

Silly paladin, should'a just Bubble-hearth'd.

Wow, not even Unskippable could make that enjoyable v_v

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or