The Escapist Presents: Starcraft 2: Easter Eggs

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Starcraft 2: Easter Eggs

We share a few of our favorite Easter eggs that Blizzard hid throughout Starcarft 2: Wings of Liberty.

Watch Video

Peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly with a baseball bat! Srsly, marine dancing the moonwalker is ftw xD

One of my favorites is the iPistol advertisement on TV. It's just so good :D

That zergling on the front is just too cute.

Egon looks more like Napoleon Dynamite
I wonder if there is mission with an ambush...

Oh well, a man can dream...

During the Maw of the Void mission (the last artifact mission, where you get the battlecruisers) you can see the Tauren Marine's Outhouse flying by in the background.

In one of the space multiplayer maps, I believe its "deep orbit" or high orbit or somesuch...in between the islands, there are tanks with alien specimens....one on the bottom left of the map has a METROID :)

I liked seeing Nova in the armory, next to the Ghost rifle. She's mostly invisible, but appears once in a while. And the spider-mines, they start fighting each other.

Edit: This is a screenshot of her

i loved the metroid in the map "high orbit" i think?

On piercing the shroud (the secret mission from Media Blitz): if you walk outside where you get some reinforcements and go as far north as you can, there is Grunty, the murloc marine, on a floating island to the northwest.

If you watch the news early on and you shoot the screen, once your on your ship, a little notice will appear under the new TV.

From the video /Dance is definitely the best xD

Alright, The Toshi station one was great. I smiled at that.

Blue-State:

Don't worry, that line is used as a Battlecruiser "under attack" unit quote. I have been known to purposefully put my Cattlebruisers into unnecessary danger just to hear it.

best one ever, during the mission were you steal the Odin, Tychus says ITS TIME TO KICK ASS AND CHEW BUBBLE GUM. If you don't know what that's from you have not lived.

The Easter Zergling makes me so very happy.

Agent_PoRK:
If you don't know what that's from you have not lived.

Well, at least THEY have.

In the Canine of the space ship, you see a red hologram of a female dancer. She is in face a Night Elf model minus the ears, doing the night elf female dance.

Lake Deuteronomy:

Blue-State:

Don't worry, that line is used as a Battlecruiser "under attack" unit quote. I have been known to purposefully put my Cattlebruisers into unnecessary danger just to hear it.

You just made my day!

Despite you guys blatantly pointing the Easter eggs out I still didn't get some of them. I am sad :(

I don't remember what level, but their is what I assume is a strip club, and their is a hologram of a night elf dancing on top of the building.

The Level 80 ETC commercial made me laugh. I wanted "I am Murlock" on the Jukebox.

Two of them were already said but I'll repeat them.

1) Night Elf dancer in the top right of the cantina in the Hyperion.

2) On "Piercing The Shroud," where your reinforcements arrive, if you go all the way north then you'll find a Murloc Marine.

3) If a Battlecruiser engages into battle while your screen is off of it, the unit goes, "it's a trap!" to alert you it's in combat.

Wow, Diablo?
Now I'm driven to seek more easter eggs.

Well, definitely have to mention iPistol and iCruiser (or iBattlecruiser, or iBattleship, I'm not sure). The iCruiser is on a bilboard in the first mission.
Then there's the Terrible, Terrible damage, that even appears in the challenge missions if you kill a lot of at the same time using the High Templar storms.
And of course, Grunty The Murloc Marine.
One of the things that really made me giggle madly was in the lost viking arcade. "HE DOES NOT LIKE YOU!!!" *in flashing red letters*
Oh, I can't believe I forgot the "It's a trap!".

Repost from an earlier thread:

The armory in game has a giant "Bay 12" sign. I believe that it's probably a reference to Alien, but with the chief engineer having a few quips about drinking and mining (and a stout appearance to boot), I like to think it is also a nod toward the site that hosts Dwarf Fortress. Entirely possible, there is an undeniable reference to it in WoW.

"Terrible, terrible damage!" made me laugh.

I also liked the Ghostbusters reference, as well as the out-house taking off.

dancing night elf in the top left in the cantina

2 for you:

1) The portrait face for the Spartan mercs is the face of the lead SC2 developer

2) When you first find the Diamondback in single player, you may notice that it's the "Cobra" from the alpha release of SC2 which was cut before the beta. When it shows up the armory guy says: "Oh my god, that's a Diamondback! Thought that baby didn't make it out of prototype!"

:-D

I love how the Bansee quotes the "Aliens" film by going "5 by 5" and also...the Medic..."Please state the nature of the medical emergency" XD

The final boss in The Lost Viking arcade machine is Blizzard's April Fool's Joke from 2009.

Some cool easter eggs I totally didn't see! Tho I think the scientist's collar as a Horde reference, and the BSOD on the lazer are a bit of a stretch...

Also, the TAUREN LEVEL 800!!!!!! ad on the TV was hilarious.

/its a trap!

seriously though you know that you see animals walking around well you can click on them then in the 3d unit closeup there's the animal

1)frozen Marine in the "Havens Fall"
2)Diablo 3 play advertisemen on "media blitiz"

Jaredin:
I love how the Bansee quotes the "Aliens" film by going "5 by 5" and also...the Medic..."Please state the nature of the medical emergency" XD

Those were in the original Starcraft, but yeah, those are pretty cool. I suspect the video would have been incredibly long if they had included the quotes if you keep clicking on the various units. Then again, those aren't hard to find so maybe they don't count as Easter eggs, even if you don't own the game there are always videos on the internet of them all. I don't know what the Raven does, but I already like it because of the way it talks and the numerous AI character refs it makes. If only it told you to bite it's shiny metal exhaust pipe I would've bought this game already.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here