Topical Tuesday: Create Your Own Cataclysm

Topical Tuesday: Create Your Own Cataclysm

Things are changing in WoW. With the new Cataclysm expansion pack coming out, the world of Azeroth will be forever changed. How would you destroy Azeroth?

Read Full Article

By making it into a world of bacon... if that counts as "destroy".

"Improve" might work as well though.

by cutting down all servers then replace it with runescape. now that would be radical change.

Serious answer: Earthquake or something like that.

Less serious answer: With op shamans.

With infectious disease. How to raise communities and foster fear in one step. Introduce a character spread disease.

Level 10 cap! MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA
Gamers would ditch it en masse and servers would be closed within a month.

I would...

A) tell the world that i had agents in disguise as normal players who can permanantly kill other players characters. however, there would infact be none and the citizens of azeroth would kill eachother off out of paranoia.

B)link up the AI to a self-aware supercomputer and then see what happens when a party gets to the lich kings lair to find that he has fucked off to barbados for a fortnight.

C) slowly have the game world sink into the ocean, inch by inch, day by day.

D) all of the above.

MissPixxie:
With infectious disease. How to raise communities and foster fear in one step. Introduce a character spread disease.

This actually happened a few years ago and it was brilliant. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupted_Blood_incident

With a plague that kills every NPC in the game and then maybe throw some flaming rocks at it from a nearby planet.

The Searing. Worked the last time it happened.

MissPixxie:

Corrupted Blood did that already.

OT: I dunno. Cataclysm is an earthquake that causes everything, so there is no real point in saying what I would do. Maybe make the humans rapidly advance, make a nuke and cause Fallout to happen.

By making the Night Elves kick ass and chew bubblegum again.
If they weren't so passive since the introduction of WoW we would've conquered the world with trees and Hippogryphs.

Just need nuclear weapons to be added to the game that would make it so much fun
i would settle for the "Fat Man" from fallout 3

*ahem*
My diabolical Cataclysm: Chop down Teldrassil, turn Tauren into filet mignon, burn down all the forests, rain down max lvl Rogues in full PvP gear from the skies, launch the Draenei back into space, Rearrange all the zones so that the lowbie zone is right next to the zone with 5 lvl ?? raid bosses running around with VERY LARGE aggro radiuses, and as the Coup de Grace, Mages can no longer make delicious refreshments!

Close all the citys , due to aids

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here