Community Member Spotlight: Aylaine

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Community Member Spotlight: Aylaine

The source of Pure Nice on The Escapist, Aylaine.

Read Full Article

Lost in Translation as favourite movie? Awesome choice, and well done on the Spotlight :)

Can't say I'd have put Aylaine as an industrial type person. Pleasant surprise there.

Anyway, well deserved spotlight for the very embodiment of friendly herself! Congrats to her.

But Dr. Pepper will make you all sticky!
And then you'll have to make another pool full of water to wash it off again, silly Aylaine!

Awww!
Congrats Aylain!
Iv never really gotten to talk to her myself but, just reading her posts make me feel better.
She really is just pure Kindness.
And she deserves some recognition.

She is THE one person that deserve the spotlight. A prober rolemodel, and genuine nice person.

Big kudos to Aylaine.

Congratulations, Aylaine.
You deserve this for always being as peppy as...well, a peppy thing. :D

Sassafrass:
Congratulations, Aylaine.
You deserve this for always being as peppy as...well, a peppy thing. :D

Like say, Dr. Pepper?
Eh? *nudge* Eh?

I was actually going to suggest that Ayla be given community spotlight. Someone beat me to it.

Congrats Ayla!

*Eyes are blinded by the sun being in a spotlight*

YOU FOOLS! Look what your recklessness has wrought!

But in all seriousness this is well deserved, congrats Aylaine!

Finally, it is about time Aylaine got in the Spotlight :3
Congratulations, Aylaine :3 You earned it, and thanks again for all you have done :3

Macgyvercas:
I was actually going to suggest that Ayla be given community spotlight. Someone beat me to it.

You move so slowly. Like this world.
Damn, getting affected by Warp Spiders... I hate them so much... well, stupid voices and dialogue...

Yay Aylaine :3 Hope you like you're spotlight :)

Although you always get me hot, and that's normally when my girlfriend isn't around which is frustrating >>

Ok, that's it, I'm looking up NIN.

And congratz on being spotlighted. I never knew you too well, but you seem alright.

What is this community you speak of?
Yeah, I'm not that in touch.

Anyways, congrats Aylaine.

If it concerns protest or 'from the heart' songs I'm more for the Manic Street Preachers, who haven't written a single song that doesn't have something to say about the state of human civilization, and Sinaed O'Connor's constant quest to rescue God from religion (tearing up a picture of the Pope on live tv to make a stand against child abuse? Hell yeah! And she did it some twenty years ago, way before it became a topic in the press.).

Throwing newspapers? Ah, if it brings in money, who cares? I had a job brushing off leftover scraps from a cardboard cutting machine once. Just brush pallet after pallet of warm unfolded boxes with a duster. Go menial labour!

Aside:
I can't stop looking at Sassafras' avatar.

Probably the nicest and most confrontation-less person I've seen on these forums and that's saying a lot.
Very good spotlight and a damn good choice.

Of all the possible answers to the favourite band question, I did not expect NIN. I am pleasantly surprised. They are fantastic live.

Brilliant interview

Congrats, Aylaine. *hugs*

As with Macgyvercas, I would have submitted you myself... Unfortunately for me, I didn't exactly know the words to use in the submission PM. Ah well. =D

Yay! I was about to recommend her as well :P
She's a great person, glad she got an interview.

And we need to play PSO!!

Irridium:

CounterAttack:

As with Macgyvercas, I would have submitted you myself... Unfortunately for me, I didn't exactly know the words to use in the submission PM. Ah well. =D

Macgyvercas:

Silly people, why didn't you? All you have to do is send Kuliani a PM...

Jedamethis:

Well I was going to, but I already was in my pajamas...

Irridium:

Jedamethis:

Oh, I see, pajamas.

Wait, what?

Jedamethis:

Irridium:

Jedamethis:

Oh, I see, pajamas.

Wait, what?

*snores*

Well, congrats. She does seem like a sweet little bird.

We could always use more nice, even an old cynic like me.

Congrats to Aylaine! It must feel great to be one of the spotlighted.
Again, congrats!

Irridium:

Jedamethis:

Irridium:

Jedamethis:

Oh, I see, pajamas.

Wait, what?

*snores*

Oh, right.

Well deserved Spotlight! Truly Aylaine is the nicest and most loving of us all!

I have to agree with everyone here (and I say that only because I want to and not because I fear I will be strangled in my sleep if I don't) both that Aylaine seems like a kick-ass person who deserved a spotlight and that we need more people like her. Heck, I'm kinda jealous of both the fact that she got a spotlight (albeit a very well deserved one) and her capacity for (seemingly effortless) kindness towards everyone. Kinda wish I could be like that instead of the jerk I always am.

TL;DR: Huzzah for our resident Paragon, and may she have good influence on everyone she meets on and offline

Jedamethis:

Irridium:

CounterAttack:

Macgyvercas:

I got the idea at work today, and was going to when I got home. Then I saw this and thought "some ninja"

Macgyvercas:

Jedamethis:

I got the idea at work today, and was going to when I got home. Then I saw this and thought "some ninja"

Must be boring work if that's what you think about :P

It's about time... but Nine Inch Nails? That reminds me of that episode of the Sarah Silverman Program where Steve found out Brian only had the song Two Princes by Spin Doctors on his iPod.

Jedamethis:

Macgyvercas:

Jedamethis:

Yeah. I sit in a 100 degree room at 25% humidity all day maintaining 3D printers. Yeah work is boring. But today was my last day.

Macgyvercas:

Jedamethis:

Macgyvercas:

Jedamethis:

Yeah. I sit in a 100 degree room at 25% humidity all day maintaining 3D printers. Yeah work is boring. But today was my last day.

Croikey. Good thing it's the last day.

Ah good old Aylaine, she deserved it. She's probably the only escapist user who's literally just messaged me to find out how I'm going (or discuss making a daring daylight raid on the nilla wafers factory on elephant back).

Still, when are you guys going to do Furburt, that B-movie loving, pot-smoking, metal listening, view accepting kindly Irishman is just ripe for an interview. Or...y'know...maybe, me.

She's always been a great friend, and I'm happy to see her featured on this. There really isn't much I can say about her that hasn't already been said.

Aw, but I've been here longer and am firmly our resident Nanoha fan, not to mention the actual ruler of the anime fans group. Where's my spotlight?

...I mean, congrats, Aylaine, you deserve it for doing more to brighten up our community by simply being here than many a forum legend ever has.
I'm not jealous at all...

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or