Escape to the Movies: Buried

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

WTF! Why is WonderWoman going back to a TV show? Linda Carter has been there and done that! I'd rather have a good movie instead of some crap TV show! :(

Zing:
BOB: Tomorrow when the war began is an awful movie. It is a bad action movie, with awful dialog ripped straight from the books, terrible acting from actors in Australian soap operas. The editing is confusing and makes no sense(there's some really stupid cuts without action scenes even being resolved). The plot is incoherent and so on...I could not rave on anymore about how awful it is. It's only redeeming quality is the actor who plays Homer, but it's not even close to worth it.

It's worse than a Michael Bay film, sadly all the reviewers over here give it good reviews to help the industry...completely ignoring the fact that it's a BAD film.

SEE ANIMAL KINGDOM INSTEAD!

I should clarify though..

The books are really good! You definitely should read them if you can.

Wait wait wait...are you saying we got Tomorrow When The War Began, a movie, BEFORE someone else? Is this some new breed of sarcasm?
Incidentally, yeah it's pretty good, but feels like it cuts off way too early. Most likely will be sequels to cover the rest of the series.

If I notice Buried playing during any of my breaks, I'll give it a look...sounds good now that I know it won't be terrible. Tends to be one or another with these kinds of films.

Zing:

Zing:
BOB: Tomorrow when the war began is an awful movie. It is a bad action movie, with awful dialog ripped straight from the books, terrible acting from actors in Australian soap operas. The editing is confusing and makes no sense(there's some really stupid cuts without action scenes even being resolved). The plot is incoherent and so on...I could not rave on anymore about how awful it is. It's only redeeming quality is the actor who plays Homer, but it's not even close to worth it.

It's worse than a Michael Bay film, sadly all the reviewers over here give it good reviews to help the industry...completely ignoring the fact that it's a BAD film.

SEE ANIMAL KINGDOM INSTEAD!

I should clarify though..

The books are really good! You definitely should read them if you can.

Yup, the books are awesome and I can't help but hoping that the movie runs in Sweden.

Ragging on Ally McBeal, okay. And young Superman has always been an incredibly annoying concept to me. Both of which have probably made David E. Kelly as much money as Jerry Bruckheimer. Don't forget though, Boston Legal forgives all sins. Plus he actually blackmailed ABC into letting him write a 5th season before agreeing to make another show for em.

Madara XIII:
OK I gotta go see this movie to see HOW THE HELL that fight scene works out XD

IKR like what, does a snake get in the coffin or something? But that superman movie...

Mullahgrrl:

Yup, the books are awesome and I can't help but hoping that the movie runs in Sweden.

Just stick to the books and don't tarnish your memory. Or just read them again instead.

Unless of course you like mindless action films with clunky awkward dialogue and really cringe-worthy scenes throughout.

Personally I thought this movie was pretty boring.
I was excited to see it when I saw the trailer and was kinda promised a really thrilling movie, I found it at times to be quite funny and quirky particularly at the start, but towards the end it was really boring and dull and a bit confusing as well, It felt like I was in there for about 2 and a half hours as well, although if you're claustrophobic I imagine it would be more thrilling and griping.

the cell phone calls me back to Phonebooth. Which was a fucking AWESOME movie.

I'll see this. Eventually. I am in a major city afterall so it should be here.

CommanderKirov:

Pseudonym2:
Bob. It's time to have an intervention. I don't know if you are a lecherous creep or just playing on TV but it's getting really annoying either way. It's literally interfering with your job. Your job is comment on Buried not get side tracked and start showing pictures of attractive actresses.

1 Attractive movie actresses are not rare.

2 If we wanted to see publicly released stills we would use Google.

3 Women watch this too, or at least would watch it if they weren't discouraged by the blatant fan service and objectification.

4 Using someone's copyrighted photos to boost your view count is pretty low.

I know this video isn't the worst example but it's the straw that broke the camel's back. Have some dignity. You're a 28 year old balding man. Publicly Drooling of pretty women makes you look pathetic. Please stick to your movie reviews and analysis not superficial judgments of women.

Oh oh oh!

Shuttup and stop advertising your personal opinions as the opinions of majority.

More Scarlet Johanson Bob, even if it is just to annoy that guy.

I second the 'more.' Hell, put some more sexy pics of Ryan Reynolds up, also.

Too much sexy for one couple....

Octopusesgarden:
Oh, I hoped that you would review 'let me in' this week. oh well

Same here. Let the Right One In is one my favorite movies of 2008. It's also hands down my favorite vampire movie of all time. I've heard mostly good things about the remake, and will probably see it over the weekend, but I want to hear Bob's take.

Watchmen was terrible. But then again, Superman is the worst, most uninspired superhero of all time, so I guess that's appropriate.

Decabo:
Watchmen was terrible. .

What the hell are you smoking? Watchmen was amazing.

In a CSI episode one of them got buried alive but then just when you think it couldnt get any worse a load of fire ants got in there and started to bite him. Scary.

OT: This film looks great, can not wait to watch it.

At the end my eyes opened so wide then came right back down again. Oh well :(

Great Wonder Woman Pics. I would complain about the use of Scarlet Johansen pics but well there Scarlet Johansen pics. Hard to argue with that.

Captain obvious says:
"You seem a bit sarcastic about Smallville being great"

I found Smallville to be so-so. I was much younger when it started out and I thought it was pretty awesome, but after a while it just kept doing the same thing over and over, with every season being sold as "seriously, this is the one where he will become Super-man and Lex will be a super-villain" and of course it always seems like he is going to learn to fly soon. Also, I was put off by just how many different versions of the bullet-catching scene they eventually had.

HankMan:
So it's a film about a dick in a box? Sounds interesting.

oh god...i LoL'd....hard..

though yeah it does sound interesting, i may check this one out

Using lighter in the coffin while burried underground seems like a pretty bad idea.

btw. Did you saw "I spit on your grave" remake, Moviebob ? I noticed the poster you used :d

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOB DONT DO IT, step away from TWTWB, it pretty much shows all that is wrong with the Australian film industry and should be avoided at all costs, AND I MEAN AT ALL COSTS.

I thought this looked like a fairly interesting movie - I may see it if it's playing nearby.

And I do love me some Scarlett, so the pics are fine by me. Reynolds is a lucky, lucky man...

on the other hand you should do a review on Eat Pray Love, I need a good laugh and would love to post it to all the people I know that have read the book and seem to find it necessary to argue with me cause I see her as a selfish narcissist bitch of a woman that's drive for self discovery is nothing more then a thinly veiled need to walk away from any and all commitment and is nothing more then one selfish short sighted choice after another with no real worth.

Loved the Scarlett connection you made there.

She is my "one". And by that I mean I can sleep with her (like that's ever going to happen) and not get in trouble with the wife. Though I do take comfort in the fact that my wife resembles Scarlett. It's actually kinda weird. Seriously, they could be sisters.

I really am of two minds about this move. Ryan Reynolds is really starting to impress with the width and breadth of his acting chops, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, not withstanding. However, he did bring a lot of the Deadpool characterization into the movie, but I digress.

So, position 1: Ryan Reynolds has really been grabbing my attention, even with the movies of his that I haven't seen.

Now, position 2: I'm claustrophobic, so any movie that has a guy locked in a small box for an extended period of time is going to really mess with me. Also, I'm not claustrophobic in the usual sense. No, that would be too easy. It's not just small spaces that kind of weird me out. It's also being restricted from moving or being able to turn around, so to say, that gets me all worked up.

A perfect example I can give is when I was working at Wal-Mart, and some genius decided that an external utility/power closet needed to have a lock on the inside as well as the outside. After about 45 minutes, I finally got someone to hear me, and got a manager to let me out. The manager who let the door close on me is lucky I didn't hunt him down and kick the ever-loving $#!& out of him.

Ya know I am not surprised wonder women got the shaft. I mean come on maybe I'm not enough of a comic book nerd or something but from what i've seen wonder women is a pretty makeshift character. I mean everybody knows how she started out right? And everything else has been added to her to make her more useful. And yet she still can't get a more dignified outfit? Hmm. Hmm. Sounds like she had what's coming to her.

Great to hear that superman is getting another try that might add something new to that justsomerandomguy's channel.

Hey, wait a minute....this movie is a ripoff!

Well, ok, not exactly, since other movies didn't exactly just stay within the coffin. But such a premise has been used several times before. One that I remember is the TV movie "Buried Alive", which wasn't great, but wasn't too bad to watch either:

Cool you turned me from intrigued to wanting to see it!

I get it, you like boobs, whoop-de-fucking-doop.

Anyway, might not see the movie. I'm not into suspense movies all that much.

Also, great news about the guys making the Superman movie!

Not sure how I feel about superman as I despise superman and want nothing to do with him. Yet it's being made by gods of cinema.

Also people forgot Ryan Reynolds is awesome and could easily make green lantern a great movie?

Pseudonym2:
Bob. It's time to have an intervention. I don't know if you are a lecherous creep or just playing on TV but it's getting really annoying either way. It's literally interfering with your job. Your job is comment on Buried not get side tracked and start showing pictures of attractive actresses.

1 Attractive movie actresses are not rare.

2 If we wanted to see publicly released stills we would use Google.

3 Women watch this too, or at least would watch it if they weren't discouraged by the blatant fan service and objectification.

4 Using someone's copyrighted photos to boost your view count is pretty low.

I know this video isn't the worst example but it's the straw that broke the camel's back. Have some dignity. You're a 28 year old balding man. Publicly Drooling of pretty women makes you look pathetic. Please stick to your movie reviews and analysis not superficial judgments of women.

Pictures of Scarlet certainly lifted my evening, just enjoy it like the rest of us :)

good review. but F*^k you Bob, Smallville is a good show.

Looks like an interesting movie. I don't think its playing near me so I'll throw it on my netflix queue.

They can't do this to Wonder Woman!! Assholes!

I only have one thing to say: Scarlett Johansson has a fishface.

I take offense to your mockery of Smallville! It's not a great show, but it has it's moments.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here