VGMarketSurvey Winners Announced, More Winners To Be Chosen

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Part of the annual update I seem to do for this. Currently I've gotten maybe five to six surveys a week, sometimes a little less and sometimes a little more. Currently sitting at just over $14 from all the surveys I've done with VGMarkets.

FYI for anyone who may be doubting this. I am apparently one of the two winners as i got my three games JUST TODAY!! i thought i was supposed to review them or something but i came here and saw my name on the prize list!! I've only recieved maybe 5 surveys since i signed up and i only got 10 cents for them because i didnt fully qualify for them. I think the email hacking thing is a bit suspicious, my OLD email was hacked but not my new one. Anyway Thanks VGMarketing and Escapist Magazine!!

I knew this whole VG marketing thing was too good to be true... I signed up about a month ago, have gone for every survey suggested (a total of 6 of them) and have racked up the grand total of.... $1.30! At this rate I'll have a $10 gift card by May of next year for most likely several hours worth of work (I get the feeling of working minimum wage in a third world country without the flies buzzing around my face! It's like a staycation!!).

What seems to happen most of the time is about 3 questions in the survey decides I'm not in the target group and gives me $0.10 just because I tried I guess. What I don't understand is the sheer amount of information I needed to fill out for my VG Market account should let them know whether I'm in the target group or not before I'm invited to do the survey... What's the point of filling out that profile if none of it is used to find the surveys?? Why do the surveys start out with asking a/s/l like some desperate basement dweller when that information SHOULD already be known since it was used to determine if I even get invited to do the survey in the first place?

Oh and just a little side note (sorry I'm not trying to be a jerk here this just bothered me a bit). Spinwhiz you said earlier that "Scams don't give anything back. That is why they are considered scams." but all of the best scams give you something off of the start to get you in deeper, and THEN they rip you off. That's how a Ponzi scheme works, and that's why you should be doubtful when something seems too good to be true. I'm not saying that the VG Market thing is a scam (I just think it's a waste of time), just that saying it gives you stuff up front to prove that it's not a scam doesn't really work.

niceguy191:
I knew this whole VG marketing thing was too good to be true... I signed up about a month ago, have gone for every survey suggested (a total of 6 of them) and have racked up the grand total of.... $1.30! At this rate I'll have a $10 gift card by May of next year for most likely several hours worth of work (I get the feeling of working minimum wage in a third world country without the flies buzzing around my face! It's like a staycation!!).

What seems to happen most of the time is about 3 questions in the survey decides I'm not in the target group and gives me $0.10 just because I tried I guess. What I don't understand is the sheer amount of information I needed to fill out for my VG Market account should let them know whether I'm in the target group or not before I'm invited to do the survey... What's the point of filling out that profile if none of it is used to find the surveys?? Why do the surveys start out with asking a/s/l like some desperate basement dweller when that information SHOULD already be known since it was used to determine if I even get invited to do the survey in the first place?

Well, you could look at it this way, you only need like 6 dollars in credit on the site to get a ten dollar gift card, which ain't bad at all, and plus, if you're getting ten cents for barely answering anything, isn't that a good deal? I mean, unless you had something better to do, but most people are probably just sitting online anyways.

I'm a member, but have no idea how they would know I am a member here as well.

I signed up the first time the Escapist mentioned it.
My profile is filled out 100% (with a lot of irrelevant and very personal data)
And I still haven't been invited to any surveys.

I signed up for this when it was orignially mentioned. My profile is 90% filled out (I decided to remove my mobile number) and since then I've only been invited to do one survey - about beverages - that had ended when I got round to do it.

I signed up on that website on the day the staff here posted it, and filled in all of my information (except employment because I'm at school). I received one survey within about 10 minutes of doing that, and have been offered nothing since.

Also, someone logged into my Battle.net account without me knowing about two months ago (and my Gmail account was accessed from China, but nothing was sent from it and it might have just been a bug or me using a proxy server).

I'll just be off to change all of my passwords now.

I'm not going to delete my VGMarket Account. Not any time soon at least (though, to be honest, the thought has crossed my mind a couple times by now).

I realise it's not a scam, and I've trusted The Escapist for a couple of years. Here's hoping nothing'll happen now. ^_^

But I'm in the same boat as, apparently, a lot of other people. I signed up when it was first announced on here as a partnership between VGMarket Surveys and The Escapist, and my profiles were/are filled out 100%. But apart from the occasional "Daily" Poll, nothing's happened.
Again, I'm not sure what I was expecting. But for an online survey site, I kinda, at least, y'know... expected to do an actual survey or 2. >_>

Anyway, well done @Spinwhiz in dealing with those who insisted this is a scam, and I hope to hear some news about some more game companies using this site. And here's hoping some of it is for Australians, too. :P
It's just a little aggravating, though. Checking my VGMarket account each day, and getting the same message telling me that I haven't been invited to any survey's yet. :S

For those who don't know surveys come and go, if you don't check the site regulatory then a survey that you qualified for might have expired.

Anywho grats to the winners, I do get surveys ever now and then but I haven't been really participating to them.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.