The 4th Annual The Escapist Film Festival Winners Announced

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The 4th Annual The Escapist Film Festival Winners Announced

The 4th Annual The Escapist Film Festival is over and we have completed going through all of this year's amazing entries. There were so many great entries, we are giving away 3 Grand Prizes instead of just one!

The Escapist Film Festival gives producers and directors from around the world a chance to bring their visions to life. This year we received so many great entries that we decided the top three submissions all deserved contracts! Congratulations to Jimtopia for Creature Caster Masters, Lord_Goose_Man for Tales From The Table and Uberfriendship for Show About Games Show. Each show will have its own series in the near future, right here on The Escapist.

For a week we also had you, The Escapist community, vote on who you thought was the best for the Viewer's Choice award. This brings the three winners the coveted bragging rights on the internet, as well as a spotlight on their video on The Escapist forevermore. Congratulations to the overall Viewer's Choice winner Pro-gamer Gauntlet: Demo, submitted by Paul Hearding. The 2nd place winner is Breaking Blizzard, submitted by WoodyT and the 3rd place winner is Game Science which was submitted by maskedklaus. Congratulations once again for be chosen as the community favorites!

For the complete gallery of winners, honorary mentions and submissions click here to head over to our main Film Festival page. Congratulations again to all of the winners and contestants.

Looking foward to the new shows. Congrats to the winners.

Aww a bit disappointed that the Versus one wasnt here.

Daystar Clarion:
Looking forward to the new shows. Congrats to the winners.

Exactly what I was going to say. Give me some new things to look forward too :)

Awhhh ): I wanted Lamer to win too.

Though those three are excellent choices!

Torque669:

Daystar Clarion:

New shows can only be a good thing. :)

Excellent choices! Three videos that were well-produced but good in their different genres. Good luck!

Daystar Clarion:

Torque669:

Daystar Clarion:

I hit it With my Axe would like a word with you.

Gotta ask, will any of the current shows make place for this or just adding to the awesome?

Congrats to the winners.

Definitely sad to see my video lose, but I'm glad to see that people liked it.

Thanks to the Escapist for showcasing our video.

Unfortunately, it won't seen here. But, humbly speaking, if you want to see the most epic web series of all-time...hop over to: www.progamergauntlet.com.

Well, we got an honorable mention. Too bad we won't be able to continue the show. I guess there is always next year. Congrats to the winners.

Zedar0:

Daystar Clarion:

Torque669:

I'd like to withdraw my previous statement...

Good picks, in my opinion. I enjoyed the three chosen pilots, although I'd suspect there's some who would be annoyed to find out what exactly that First Cut mechanic was. *runs*

Three new shows? And one of them is the show I voted for? Can't wait to see these, guys. Congrats!

Really glad that I won, and I'm very happy for Tales from the Table and Show About Games Show, those were two of my favorites! Thanks for the opportunity to do this, and thanks for the support from everyone.

Wait, so pro-game gauntlet didn't make it ? Damn...too bad.
But wait, 3 shows will start making new stuff here? Woah, that's quite a lot. This didn't happen last year, too, did it(3 shows making it)
But I'm not gonna judge the shows by their first episode. Hopefully we'll see new episodes soon.
Maybe there will even be a new D&A or doomsday arcade??? Who knows?

shame Versus didn't make it, but atleast poke-duel-digi monster/master made it xD

Three new shows, that's awesome. Looking forward to all three, Creature Caster Masters especially. Congrats to all the winners.

Congratulations to all of the winners! This year the quality of shows was exceptional, and though these three have contracts with the Escapist I would reccomend to the other participants to consider running their series online independently, as many shows this year certainly have that spark that could carry them through many more episodes.

Nikolaz72:
Aww a bit disappointed that the Versus one wasnt here.

Me too, but it was a very good year for entries...

Congratulations to Creature Caster Masters and Tales From The Table, I'm glad those two made the cut.
EDIT: oh and show about games show...I forgot which one that was and had to check...also one I liked.

Congratulations to the winners. This wasn't the first time that there were more than 1 winner. Doomsday Arcade and Unskippable were the winners of 2008.

Let there be another Film Festival next year.

therandombear:
shame Versus didn't make it, but atleast poke-duel-digi monster/master made it xD

My thoughts exactly. I'm hoping for the best with these shows.

I didn't even make an honorable mention. *Sad Face* Next year, I am hiring a writer.

I am very happy Creature Caster Masters won though, and Show About Game Show was funny too. I don't honestly care about the 3rd One, we already have an Awesome Fantasy Show (D&A), and I don't think this network needs another. But oh well, I wish the best to all 3 of these guys!

Also, I am curious: What happened to the Animation Award, Music Award, and Creativity Award?

Congratulations, winners. I'm glad you were chosen, and look forward to seeing your work in the coming year.

I was rooting for Breaking Blizzard, but at least they did well in the viewers choice.

Jimtopia, your entry was amazing! I'm glad to see a good show made it through, and I look forward to seeing how everything pans now now that you have the contract. I should actually go watch the other two entries now...

I was rooting for Pro-gamer Gauntlet. I'm glad it did well in the Viewer's Choice, but I was hoping for a contract for those guys. :( RPG Master stole my heart with that sand kicking. :P

Paul Hearding:

Unfortunately, it won't seen here. But, humbly speaking, if you want to see the most epic web series of all-time...hop over to: www.progamergauntlet.com.

Yay! I'm glad that you'll be continuing with the show. I'm looking forward to it. :D

Good job to everyone though and congrats to the winners! There were a lot of good entries and I'm looking forward to having some excellent new shows to watch. :)

Mr.Mattress:
I didn't even make an honorable mention. *Sad Face* Next year, I am hiring a writer.

I am very happy Creature Caster Masters won though, and Show About Game Show was funny too. I don't honestly care about the 3rd One, we already have an Awesome Fantasy Show (D&A), and I don't think this network needs another. But oh well, I wish the best to all 3 of these guys!

Also, I am curious: What happened to the Animation Award, Music Award, and Creativity Award?

lol the same thing that happened to the 'commentary' pretty sure it all got lumped together as honorable mentions as the commentary turned out to be a short sentence from one of the judges. kind of disapointing after the long wait of 'will it be today?' we endured all week.

As I mentioned on the other thread, I'll be integrating Press to continue into my other show over at www.verticalslice.tv once I get round to relaunching it.

Well all of my choices either made the winner list or the viewers choice nice. Congrats to everyone who got named. Enter again next time and you may win! When do I get my new shows?

Zedar0:

Daystar Clarion:

Torque669:

So would Game Dogs.

OT: Am I the only one who thinks it's strange that the winners are none of the same the viewers chose?

My commentary on the Film Festival:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdpFmP4u_XM

Side-thread if you wish to comment, so as not to clutter this one:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.244721-Endgame-a-commentary-on-The-Escapists-Film-Festival#8923587

Personally astounded that Creature Caster Masters won out over Breaking Blizzard or Carmen 1.0, but oh well.

dfcrackhead:

Zedar0:

Daystar Clarion:

So would Game Dogs.

OT: Am I the only one who thinks it's strange that the winners are none of the same the viewers chose?

I'm guessing The Escapist decided to go with longevity this year. All of the shows they picked will probably be able to run for quite a long time, while shows like Breaking Blizzard or PgG would most likely have a run about as long as Doomsday Arcade.

Well I heard a lot of harsh remarks about this years contest!

But anyway, congratulations to the winners I look forward to seeing your season premieres!

Wolfenbarg:

dfcrackhead:

Zedar0:

So would Game Dogs.

I'm guessing The Escapist decided to go with longevity this year. All of the shows they picked will probably be able to run for quite a long time, while shows like Breaking Blizzard or PgG would most likely have a run about as long as Doomsday Arcade.

Whats funny is, the marketing side of my brain, thought of a way to continue Doomsday Arcade for another season or two. After they did the thing with the thing they could find out some of the villains managed to stay in the real world and they had to hunt them down, it would be like Power Rangers, just with them two and laser kittens.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.