What Were Your Top Five Movies of 2010?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

fullbleed:
I'm really strugling to think of a list, despite going to the cinema nearly everyweek. It seems not that much has left a lasting impression on me. I think I'm also disapointed that there aren't more foreign language or indie films on this list besides Kick Ass. Despite the number of films I wanted to see only so many have been shown near me.

1. Inception
2. Scott Pilgrim
3. Kick Ass
4. 4 Lions
5. Bad Lieutenant

Bad Lieutenant came out last year, didn't it? Great movie, though.

1. Get Him to the Greek
2. Kick Ass
3. A-Team
4. Jackass 3D
5. Hot Tub Time Machine

thublihnk:

fullbleed:
I'm really strugling to think of a list, despite going to the cinema nearly everyweek. It seems not that much has left a lasting impression on me. I think I'm also disapointed that there aren't more foreign language or indie films on this list besides Kick Ass. Despite the number of films I wanted to see only so many have been shown near me.

1. Inception
2. Scott Pilgrim
3. Kick Ass
4. 4 Lions
5. Bad Lieutenant

It was this year in the UK so I'm counting it, same with Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

fullbleed:

thublihnk:

fullbleed:

1. Inception
2. Scott Pilgrim
3. Kick Ass
4. 4 Lions
5. Bad Lieutenant

It was this year in the UK so I'm counting it, same with Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

Riiiight. Okay. Sorry.

Right now the list is:
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
Inception
Get Low
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
The Social Network

But the year's not over yet. I have Black Swan this weekend, and True Grit in a few weeks. Ask me again December 31st

The Expendables

Everything else...

*puts on shades*

...can be spent in the course of action with no regard for its value.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAWHAAAAAAAAA?

Wow no Harry Potter. Anyway this is in no order but still.
Inception
Scott Pilgrim
RED
Toy Story 3
Harry Potter

In no particular order: Iron Man 2, Kick-Ass, Scott Pilgrim, Inception, and The Expendables. We'll see how Tron is, and I did want to see Skyline.

1. Toy Story 3
2. Scott Pilgrim
3. Inception
4. Kick Ass
5. Iron Man 2

Didn't see many films this year

Inception
Scott Pilgrim Vs The World
Kick-Ass
The Book of Eli
The Road

Inception and Toy Story 3 definitely top my list.

Scott Pilgrim, Scott Pilgrim, Scott Pilgrim.
GEE, SURE IS HIPSTER AROUND HERE!

1. Book of Eli
2. Kick-Ass
3. The A team
4. Due Date
5. The Expendables

In no particular order:

1. Inception
2. Scott Pilgrim vs the World
3. Toy Story 3

In no order;

The Social Network
Shutter Island
Kick Ass
Inception
The Girl Who Played With Fire (now that I think about it, this would probably be my number 1)

In no particular order:
Scott Pilgrim
Inception
Shutter Island
Prince of Persia
Daybreakers

Of course, that's just in terms of movies I've seen...

In no particular order:

Inception
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
Toy Story 3
How to Train Your Dragon
It's Kind of A Funny Story

There are still a ton I want to see like RED and Due Date and a shit load of others.

Get Him to the Greek was pretty damn funny too.

And Deathly Hallow was good.

And Iron Man 2....GOD DAMMIT! There were a lot of good movies this year!

Hmm... haven't seen many movies this year... lets see:
1. How to Train Your Dragon
2. Avatar
3. The A-Team
... Yeah, those are pretty much the movies I saw this year that I liked.

...and I guess I'll count the Sintel short, as I enjoyed it and I support the Blender Foundation.

even though it was sad.

Inception
Toy Story 3
How To Train your Dragon
Due Date
The book of Eli

HP7 will be the only movie I've seen this year. I used to go once a month, but movies stopped impressing me around 1999. I actually got a free movie tickets from work in 2007 & hated everything I saw, & the worst part is that I actually got to pick the movie instead of just being given tickets to something predetermined.

Inception, Scott Pilgrim, Toy Story 3....ummmm....HP was ok, Kick Ass was decent...yeah i'll stick with a top 3 for now.

1) Splice
2) Scott Pilgrim Vs The World
3) Daybreakers
4) Kick-Ass
5) ...
I can't think of anything of the top of my head for five but it's probably something like Machete, the A-Team, The Losers ect.

The ones that were released this year...

1. Inception
2. Kick Ass
3. Shutter Island
4. Toy Story 3

I unfortunatly have yet to see any other films released this year, however thanks to my Brother and his massive movie collection, I was able to see plenty of other films this year.

no particular order here
Scott pilgrim
Inception
Back to the future (it doesn't really count but it had anathor theatrical release so...yeah)
Toy Story 3
Burk and Hare

The_root_of_all_evil:

-SNIP-
District 9
-SNIP-

Released In cinema on 4th of september 2009 and on DVD 28 Dec 2009. It doesnt count.

anyway as of my top 5:

1. 4 lions
2. A Team
3. Scot Pilgrim
4. Those were about it errrmmmm
5. Oh yeah I remeber now: How to train a dragon. Forgettable film XP

1. Get Him To The Greek. Saw it 3 times in theaters (I work there, so I did see it for free, I'm not sad I swear).
2. Inception
3. Kick Ass
4. Scott Pilgrim vs The World
5. Toy Story 3

I noticed some people are acting like this was a bad year, it really wasn't. There's the five I listed
The Social Network.
RED
The Town
Machete
Predators
Shutter Island
Ironman 2
Harry Potter
Hot Tub Time Machine

SuperRobot64:
1. Kick-Ass
2. Scott Pilgrim
3. Toy Story 3
4. Inception
5. Social Network

First post to get my list exactly right, though I'd change the order a little.

1. Toy story 3
2. Scott pilgrim
3. Inception
4. Kick ass
5. Social Network

In no particular order:
The Town
Scott Pilgrim vs The World
Inception
Toy Story 3
127 Hours
Haven't seen Fair Game or Tron, which both of those looked good or have potential.

Why does everybody think Tron is going to be so amazing? When was the last time they did a decent reboot of an old series without losing all the charm and No the A-Team definitely does not count.

Apart from that I have to agree with most here. Scott Pilgrim, Kick Ass, Inception, Shutter Island, Expendables and RED were all great movies and I enjoyed Predators which was a nice surprise. Machete isn't out here yet though and I fully expect to add that to the list. Iron Man 2 was a massive anticlimactic letdown for me though.

Movie Bob's Black Swan Review also made me really want to see that too.

After thinking back, I didn't really see very many new movies this year either, but my 5 would go something like this.
Scott Pilgrim
Inception
Toy Story 3
Let Me In(I would go with Let the Right One In neck and neck with Scott Pilgrim if this were just new to me in 2010 movies)
Iron Man 2

1. Inception
2. Inception (You really have to see it twice)
3. Toy Story 3
4. Frozen (It was actually real disturbing, And I watch tons of horror movies)
5. Iron Man 2

1) Toy Story 3
2) Inception
3) Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
4) How To Train Your Dragon
5) Iron Man 2

Films to avoid:
Remember Me (seriously, worst film of 2010, avoid it like the plague or a creepy stalker with a knife).
The Expendables
Twilight Sage: Eclipse
Shrek Forever After
Robin Hood

1. Inception
2. Kick-Ass
3. Scott Pilgrim
4. The Social Network
5. Shutter Island

Tron and True Grit have yet to come out, but I'll definitely be seeing those.

District 9,
Iron Man 2,
Inception &
Kick Ass.

Also very good: Shutter Island, Predators, Sherlock Holmes, Machette and Splice.

My favorites of 2010 (that I can remember off hand), in order of favorite to least favorite on the list, is:

1. Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World
2. Inception
3. The Social Network
4. Kick-Ass
5. Iron Man 2

There are a few others I saw, but those are the ones that I loved. A-Team, Prince Of Persia, How To Train Your Dragon, Toy Story 3 and Shutter Island would be on the list if the top 5 weren't so amazing.

In no particular order

Scott Pilgrim
Kick-Ass
Inception
Toy Story 3
The Social Network

Ruling films out of that list was surprisingly hard (dammit, Harry Potter. Being a good film makes this a difficult decision). And there's still Tron:Legacy and Black Swan to go.
Oh, the A team was a lot of fun, and so was Iron Man 2. The Expendables was kind of disappointing.
I've watched a lot of films this year, it seems.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.