Critical Miss: Genocyber

Pages PREV 1 2

anonymity88:

randommaster:
Great, now I'm going to spend the rest of my day thinking about what happens when I do various things to a computer.

I laughed at this post more than the comic. Not much of a Tron fan so it took me a while to get.

Hey, look at me, I made someone happy.

I think it would be hilarious if Tron 2 did a Tron and started off as a flop but slowly became popular.

Delusibeta:
I would guess it was just a merging of the words "genocide" and "cyber".

wouldnt it be cybercide since geno is greek for race?

crimsonshrouds:

Delusibeta:

Hey, it wasn't me who decided on the title.

Haha nice.

Though i think a Zalgo reference....would....have....... . . .
He comes....

Awesome, but more than slightly disturbing... :)

the lives ive destroyed, peaking out my computer until it overheats....

Remember kids kill your zombie processes. *Badum tich*
Wasn't there a web-comic about a deeper discovery of WoW where the kid committed suicide. then joust re-spawned?

I've got a little challenge for you, Sark - a new recruit. He's a tough case, but I want him treated in the usual manner. Train him for the games, let him hope for a while, then blow him away.
You got it. I've been hoping you'd send me somebody with a little bit of guts. What kind of Program is he?
He's not any kind of Program, Sark. He's a User.

Er What?

GrizzlerBorno:
Where do Baby programs come from? and don't give me any of that "stork" shit... I'm a big boy now!

Well when a user loves a running process very much, he can fork it, exec'ing a child process which inherits its environment from the parent process but overlays the new program it exec'ed to.

Delusibeta:

crimsonshrouds:

Delusibeta:

yeah, you're right.

Grey Carter:

Just a click away...

Read Full Article

Why is it called genocyber?

crimsonshrouds:

Delusibeta:

crimsonshrouds:

yeah, you're right.

Grey Carter:

Just a click away...

Read Full Article

Why is it called genocyber?

Because I like the anime. Or at least I liked the anime. When I was twelve.

dp

Worgen:
reboot did it better

lol i agree but to be fair reboot also came out many years after tron XD

bstrothe:
Well when a user loves a running process very much, he can fork it, exec'ing a child process which inherits its environment from the parent process but overlays the new program it exec'ed to.

And that's where it gets even creepier. As kids aren't born, but cloned from the parent and then overwritten by their actual program...

Uhm, yeah. Let's take this one a bit further. Been some time since I've had these classes so I could be off, but here we go:

Zombie processes are actually processes with an end condition but no one to report that end condition to. Usually only child processes can become zombies (after they've been orphaned because their parent got killed).

In this comic the parent process would be fully resurrected but despite being the exact same it would no longer be the parent of that particular child.

So the kid wouldn't recognize her mom and then the kid could become a zombie because her mom can't cook her food anymore...

Also, its usually so that the parent processes kill their children before dying, so a computer would actually be a huge group suicide machine.

Now let's replace parent/child with the original nomenclature of master/slave and get it on with some racism jokes! (And some more bad taste to boot.)

I though didn´t Tronpeople rot, since they´re computer programs and all.

bstrothe:

Imagine that I'm your child. and you said ^that to me (your child). now imagine you're child crying...... ALL NIGHT LONG! imagine you give me toys and presents. nope still crying.
Are you happy now daddy? Now go open the door social services is here.

This is a momentous occasion, I found Critical Miss funny.

HAHAHHA took me a momment to get but Hilarious! :D

Vortigar:

bstrothe:

And that's where it gets even creepier. As kids aren't born, but cloned from the parent and then overwritten by their actual program...

Uhm, yeah. Let's take this one a bit further. Been some time since I've had these classes so I could be off, but here we go:

Zombie processes are actually processes with an end condition but no one to report that end condition to. Usually only child processes can become zombies (after they've been orphaned because their parent got killed).

In this comic the parent process would be fully resurrected but despite being the exact same it would no longer be the parent of that particular child.

So the kid wouldn't recognize her mom and then the kid could become a zombie because her mom can't cook her food anymore...

Also, its usually so that the parent processes kill their children before dying, so a computer would actually be a huge group suicide machine.

Now let's replace parent/child with the original nomenclature of master/slave and get it on with some racism jokes! (And some more bad taste to boot.)

That also means every programmer on the planet is mass murder on scales that goes past the holocaust and into infinity.

Good comic. It reminds me of the discussion I overheard from my parents when they saw this movie with me when I was a child.

that poor little program T.T, I think I am going to cry (one manly tear that is)

on a lighter note... so what happens when you copy a file? twins? eh? eh? *wink wink*

NICE daft punk reference.

There are other disturbing ramifications. After seeing Olivia Wilde in the trailers I'm left wondering what determines if a program's hot or not? Should I delete this old copy of irc or is it totally smokin'?

So then, if I undelete a file using Recuva ...would that be like cloning them from their DNA-string or Summoning them from across the Veil O.o?

"Are still human after all"

I had to cry a tear of joy to the little Daft Punk reference there.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here