Daily Drop: Christmas Ornaments

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Christmas Ornaments

Daily Drop shows you why it's safer to buy plastic balls, but not as much fun.

Watch Video

I think that may be my favorite Drop so far. Although it could be due to all of the retailers promotion Christmas since Halloween. *sigh/twitch*

my cat does that every year.

Now this feels like a proper daily drop after yesterday's dud. I swear I love that almost musical sound the objects make when they shatter in slow motion. :D

I love tuning into this show on a weekly basis and watching five at a time. It's kind of like a child's concept of dinner, which is something like a five-course meal of little snacks. A bag of fruit snacks here, some cookies there, one of those nobody-older-than-ten-can-stomach-them Lunchables whatzits...no one item particularly substantial but taken together a filling childish delight.

And this is why Spinwhiz is the marketing guy and not me.

(as for favorite drops, anything that's plugged into the wall and makes spiffy electrical booms. Light bulbs and the like.)

Fun yes, but daily drop needs more non-glass/china/extremely fragile things. It's turning into a little of the same.

Glass certainly gets a good spread area consistently. Also, you've got a by/buy typo in your descriptions.

Those silver ornaments didn't shatter as well as I thought they would but the red ones became mostly shiny shards. That snowman is either another cookie jar being dropped or it's a mug. Maybe they'll have sugar cookies.

"red one standing by"

thats all i could think of while listening to the music

i found it interesting how the already broken spheres cushioned some of the impact on the later spheres, i didnt expected that.

I loved that one. The last bit, showing one of the baubles striking another on the ground and breaking it further? Very cool.

What's with all the christmas hate? I guess on December 24 you'll throw the real Santa from a skyscraper.
And scary music at the end.

Cosplay Horatio:
Those silver ornaments didn't shatter as well as I thought they would but the red ones became mostly shiny shards. That snowman is either another cookie jar being dropped or it's a mug. Maybe they'll have sugar cookies.

Yeah, I noticed that the silver one's didn't shatter as well, maybe they are a better build than the red ones that could have been cheap?

Maybe the white with pictures of holly ones were plastic and not glass?

And... I got the ad for Venetia before the drop video. I defy any Trekker to watch that, see the female protagonist and not think "It's Counselor Troi!"

I found it rather interesting that the more decrative ones (which are usualy MORE breakable) come out WAY better then the cheap looking red ones.

Also, What up with the star wars sounds?????

I like how that last one, right in the middle, came out what appeared to be unharmed.

Two survived ! Crowbar them !

should have brought the crowbar out for the white plastic wrapped balls that survived!

thegreatkingofsouthafrica:
Fun yes, but daily drop needs more non-glass/china/extremely fragile things. It's turning into a little of the same.

You'll like Friday's then. I hope!

What's with the sound effects? We only got two bursts of shattering sounds and the rest sounded like gunshots and people yelling. Were the crew of Daily Drop being gunned down by the PBOS (Protection of Breakable Objects Society)?

If so, cool.

This one was strangely peaceful. 'Tis the season.

'Tis the season to be jolly watching things explode upon the ground.

I can't wait for tomorrow's drop!

NOT PICTURED: One of Kathleen's cats knocking these ornaments off of a nearby tree.

Ah, cats. They're lucky they're so cute.

That one gave me flashbacks to putting up the Christmas tree. Back in the day we used to put 200 or so of those glass ornaments on the tree. And every year one or two of them got dropped.

VondeVon:
What's with the sound effects? We only got two bursts of shattering sounds and the rest sounded like gunshots and people yelling. Were the crew of Daily Drop being gunned down by the PBOS (Protection of Breakable Objects Society)?

If so, cool.

Actually, the sound is not as stretched as the video is. If the slow mo camera they used didn't have a mic, they should use something like Paul's Extreme Sound Stretch to make the audio as long as the video.

I seem to be the only one that saw it, but the reflection of the lights and stuff in the background gave the ornaments a creepy grin.

Did anyone else notice that the thumbnail of the ornaments made them look like really malevolent?

I was amazed to see them bounce off a bit. Who knew they are actually somewhat elastic?

looked pretty cool, haha the white survived.....thats not racist.....right?......uhh ohh lol xD

the music at the end was kind of silent hill-ish scary.

This is what happened to my dreams of being a world famous Riverdancer......

Guys let me just say that you have some really big balls for doing this.

I'm disappointed, guys. Today you really...

*Takes off sunglasses*

Dropped the ball.

Take that you rebel scum- I mean, christmas bulbs!

Oh shiny!
*after second drop*
Oh lots of shiny!

Did everyone else here the space battle happening in the background? Kind of weird

-M

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.