Unskippable: Vanquish: Part 1

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Very nice episode! The Space Russians were brilliant... almost as good as Ninja Mexicans. :D

I'm glad you made fun of the female president. I love how the whole "future president" trope has had to be switched around since Obama got in. How on earth will they indicate the future when you guys do eventually have a woman in charge?! I'm thinking robot presidents.

FROM SPACE, with love.

Space Russians.

This looks like it was written in the 1960s. Can't wait for the sequel. Vanquish 2: When Slaves Revolt

Space Ruskies? Really? Are we itching to piss off Russia that bad?

Why is San Francisco always targeted come on. What did it ever do to you besides be full of annoying hippies. I have to live there.

spectrenihlus:
Why is San Francisco always targeted come on. What did it ever do to you besides be full of annoying hippies. I have to live there.

San Francisco and New York City are the only two major cities in the United States as far as Hollywood, and now the video game industry, are concerned. And I think people still feel a little squicky about beating up on NYC, so San Francisco is the new favorite target.

That's my impression, anyway ;).

Alahmnat:

spectrenihlus:

San Francisco and New York City are the only two major cities in the United States as far as Hollywood, and now the video game industry, are concerned. And I think people still feel a little squicky about beating up on NYC, so San Francisco is the new favorite target.

But the golden gate bridge has been destroyerd like 10 times now and the city is already broke. Why can't they go after Portland Oregon or Vancouver. Noooo it's always San francisco.

spectrenihlus:
But the golden gate bridge has been destroyerd like 10 times now and the city is already broke. Why can't they go after Portland Oregon or Vancouver. Noooo it's always San francisco.

Well, considering Vancouver is located in Canada . . .

Vrud:

spectrenihlus:

Well, considering Vancouver is located in Canada . . .

Canadians need to be invaded by aliens to sometimes.

I like how you guys pronounce "Nokia" :P

Truly, nobody expects Space Russians. They're a lot like the Spanish Inquisition in that respect.

Below average of Unskippable.
Still way above average of everything else on the Interwebs. :-)

AssassinJoe:
Really? The bad guys are Russian?

*sigh*

Is it too much to ask for something a little more original?

Who would you like? Aliens? Mega-corporations? Beings from another dimension? Middle Eastern terrorists? China? Robots? We've done all the original and plausible enemies.

This cutscene's representation of San Francisco somehow saddens me, and it's not because of the laser.

Also: Paul you now owe the State of California $25 for you utterance of "The-name-for-San Francisco-you-do-not-use-to-refer-to-San-Francisco." That's 25 US dollars or so help me Emporer Norton's ghost will rise from the grave and sword you somethin' fierce!

Somehow the US didn't see the giant space laser system coming.... In space....where did they hide it during manufacturing and R&D?

Nothing like a game that takes place in the future yet relies on a war that technically never happened. Yeah, all of us people that remember the cold war are just eating these futuristic Bond villain wannabes :P.

Also, Paul, Frisco is a town here in Texas. We already got one, California has to wait in line :P

spectrenihlus:

Alahmnat:

spectrenihlus:

It doesn't look that broke; the Marin side of the bridge (currently just a rocky peninsula) is covered with buildings, and the Presidio is looking pretty dense.

I think the laser was initially intended to boil the bay water for, ehm, "California Research". The destruction and Space Russians were just unintended side effects.

"I may have to check my Bible again, but I'm pretty sure God doesn't have a giant space laser."

Aahhh, priceless.

Pumpkinmancer:

AssassinJoe:

*sigh*

Who would you like? Aliens? Mega-corporations? Beings from another dimension? Middle Eastern terrorists? China? Robots? We've done all the original and plausible enemies.

Ok, fine. But Russians? If they have to be unoriginal couldn't they not use the same enemy as the recent Call of Duty games?

It just bugs me.

AssassinJoe:

Pumpkinmancer:

AssassinJoe:

*sigh*

Ok, fine. But Russians? If they have to be unoriginal couldn't they not use the same enemy as the recent Call of Duty games?

It just bugs me.

To be honest, it bugs me too. ;)

Is this that Japanese game they're filling with badass stereotype characters to appeal to Western action game fans? I suppose Platinum Games is keeping up the trend from Bayonetta: great gameplay; nonsensical story.

Alahmnat:

spectrenihlus:

San Fran, NYC and Washington, DC are the only American cities with landmarks that most non-Americans will recognize, and probably most Americans too. Much as it would be cool to devastate the St. Louis Gateway Arch or the Chicago Willis (formerly Sears) Tower once in a while, most people wouldn't know what they are.

Randomly, I forgot to turn off Pandora while I was watching this, and it started playing Pink Floyd's "One of These Days", and a lot of the song matched up with some of the beats in the dialogue... Coincidence? Hell yeah! But it didn't stop this from being amusing! Next time I invite people over to my holographic house, I'll make sure they wipe their feet before walking on mt holographic floor.

Artorius:
lol who would have thought

-- this is exactly how truth works!

Ugh...I guess they are never gonna make the Americans the bad guys.No F***in' OFFENcE but ...What? You gettin ofended? WHAT ABout the Russians?The Americans are allways the good guys,if...we don't count Vietnam,Iraq,AFghanistan and first and second world war witch all exist because of the american central bank>THE REAL TORRORISTS.And what did the Russians do?"Get Drunk and play tennis in peace" -Yahtzee .This is a joke but tells that they are not hungry for war.
Why do i even waste my breathe.You are gonna delete my messege and ban me just for saying the truth.And maybe for my bad English...Yes it is bad but I am wasteing my energy for learning your language and you don't know mine(even where my country is located)... respect me at least only for that.Not only me,every one else who knows your language but isn't American.
I respect Americans who know the truth, are good people and respect others...
Ugh...Why can't we all ,just get along...Ah yes,cuz if we do,there could be no wars and that means no money for the bankers...
OH,this is a game forum,what the hell am i doing here.Chances of anyone knowing something about the reality are small.Im gonna post this anyway.Cuz i maybe,just maybe,can make someone stop and think for a second,at least a second.
Im sooo gonna get banned for that...and the admins allways say"im doing my job" like robots,no humanaty in them.Proove that im wrong! I respect good human admins!

didnt one else have a wolverine feeling towards the main character?

Graham_LRR:
Next episode has a lot of us questioning the goings-on in shock and confusion. This game seems like a ton of fun but WOW does it not make much sense.

Ton of fun is all that matters.

Unless you're one of those people who ONLY plays games for the plot. Then, Vanquish is really not for you.

That said...Vanquish has a pretty decent twist to the whole "Russians R Bad" thing towards the end. Not spoiling it, though.

Why the Hell do we keep vilanizing Russa? Seriously, I'd like to see at least one war game in the next year where the U.S. is up against Australia or France or Ireland or something like that.

I'm gonna have to concede with the guys here: Space Russians? really?

Though the guy in charge was really creepy, looking like a bald, Russian, Marilyn Manson. (Maybe it's the eyeliner...)

Also, a space laser is an interesting (albeit unoriginal) concept... though my question is why some people ended up exploding. Ick...

Alar:
"I may have to check my Bible again, but I'm pretty sure God doesn't have a giant space laser."

Aahhh, priceless.

Check out Numbers 16:35 and 1 Kings 18:38. God does indeed have space lasers.

CrimsonDeath:

Alar:

Aahhh, priceless.

Check out Numbers 16:35 and 1 Kings 18:38. God does indeed have space lasers.

also Genesis 19:24

OT: good unskippable guys well done

My friend was Extremely Excited that this Game didn't destroy New York for once... Part2 of the video gained this response: "@$%$ YOU!!!"

lolz. space Russians vs stereotypical wanna be space marines.

Although they look more like imperial guard knock offs. (w.e)

The plot/story to this game is itself pretty heavy satire. There are some great lines. You know, when one satirizes satire, a type of...satirical vortex is formed. The satyrs are coming.

Anyway, please don't judge this game solely on this enjoyable 'unskippable'. It truly is one of the best, most challenging shooters ever produced. Hardcore, amphetamine-boosting-anime-slo-mo-bullet-hell-arcade-action-robots-and-zap-whoah!

This game separates the thumbsuckers from the futhermuckers, and is probably too much for you.

Yes, YOU. Thumbsucker!

I was sitting there contemplating how much one of those guys sounds EXACTLY like my exhusband, and then they said "Russia." I /head-desk'd hard.

k-ossuburb:
Don't worry, the whalers on the moon will get those damned space Russians.

Everybody!

We're whalers on the moon, we carry a harpoon!

But there are no whales, so we make up tales; we're the whalers of the moon.

Space Russians? *Gasp* It looks like Space USA will have to take care of them. And I to am confused as to why nobody noticed the Space Russians building a giant frikkin' laser beam. Did the US government decide not to worry about Space USA anymore?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here