Daily Drop: Mini Mix

Mini Mix

We're not entirely sure what it is, but it's going to fall 10 feet.

Watch Video

That was alright. but still, tomorrow slinky! just hoping that bounces. If not, crowbar it until it flies

The best part was when the Mini Mix hit the ground.

No, but in all seriousness, I do enjoy this series. Why is it that we get so much pleasure out of seeing things destroyed?

The first drop was the best, what with all the mixed... treats flying at the camera. Made me wish it was in 3D.

Do you guys hate food or something? I would seriously start eating off the floor with the amounts of pies, sweets, cakes and various liquids you have dropped.

Have you thought of dropping things onto different surfaces?

I'd like to see more semi-solids drop, play-doh or bucket of mud.

How about an ice sculpture or even a TV?

A bunch of grapes might be interesting as well, or vine of tomatoes.

8bitmaster's Slinky idea is great as well.

Did you do a box of super balls or marbles already? that'd be fun.

"200, Stream not found, NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound, clip: '[Clip] 'http://video2.themis-media.com/033b50c8b58de8ccec5a11c900a1c997/mp4/escapist/daily-drop/505b2c56f0fb45c1efd40ac5b6ad4673.mp4''"

...What.

Reptiloid:
"200, Stream not found, NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound, clip: '[Clip] 'http://video2.themis-media.com/033b50c8b58de8ccec5a11c900a1c997/mp4/escapist/daily-drop/505b2c56f0fb45c1efd40ac5b6ad4673.mp4''"

...What.

We lost the video. It's still missing. It's both versions too, which is upsetting.

Reptiloid:

...What.

Yeah I'm getting the same. It'll probably work later.

Oh good, not just me then...

It took a while but it's working now. PARTY MIX, It looked okay flying out of the container like cannon fire. Is that a rainbow slinky being dropped tomorrow? I think it's gonna get crow barred.

It was gone for a while but now it seems aright.

OT: A Biscuit powered Rocket? Just what I've always wanted! How'd you guys know?

This gave me a great idea "Daily Drop 3D!" I know that would never happen for a number of reasons, but it would be cool it it works. The first thing people think of with 3D is things flying toward the screen, well daily drop is filled with stuff flying at the screen.

How is the first one a failure but the second one a success?

these recent ones are ehh not too good

Just wondering but what the hell is Mini Mix anyways? It was a pretty good drop but tomorrow's looks like it should be interesting. :d

1st drop: Should have had some guy with a mouth open to eat the mix >^w^<
2nd drop: It was like the best rocket ever....OwO

Should have just poured half of it on the ground then dropped it with-item.

By the way, how many of these did you shoot in one day? I doubt you bother with this every day.

This was pretty good, but not great. I guess it can't be helped, since you don't get to choose what the drop actually looks like...

Stabber1010:

By the way, how many of these did you shoot in one day? I doubt you bother with this every day.

They rented the camera and did about 150 of them over the course of about three or four days I think. I can't really remember though, because I wasn't paying that much attention when they talked about it during desert bus.

Man, I almost gave up on the possibility of a failure on the first drop... I love how the mix just arcs behind the jar on the second drop, that was amusing.

vxicepickxv:

Stabber1010:

They rented the camera and did about 150 of them over the course of about three or four days I think. I can't really remember though, because I wasn't paying that much attention when they talked about it during desert bus.

Yeah, that's pretty much what they said. I remember them saying the high speed camera was extremely expensive to rent too, so I'm wondering if "Daily Drop" will end when they run out of clips from their first run or if they'll rent it again.

@vxicepickxv
I also wanted to stop you and comment on your amazing title... very meta.

I think you should drop (or pour) some non-euclidean liquid.

If the first drop is a failure, then why not make the second one a throw?

IMakeIce:
I think you should drop (or pour) some non-euclidean liquid.

Yeah, that would either be really cool.

walsfeo:
Have you thought
Did you do a box of super balls or marbles already? that'd be fun.

They did superballs a while ago. I don't think they did the other stuff.

beefpelican:

Oh yeah.

I'd like to see a snow cone and more high pressure liquid like coke or beer in glass bottles.

Water balloons filled with gas dropped on candles.

walsfeo:

beefpelican:

Oh yeah.

I'd like to see a snow cone and more high pressure liquid like coke or beer in glass bottles.

I'm picturing watching an air filled balloon dropping in slow motion. This would take a while.

beefpelican:

walsfeo:

I'm picturing watching an air filled balloon dropping in slow motion. This would take a while.

I should have said Gasoline, not gas!

Interesting... It's almost fluid in its dynamics...

walsfeo:

beefpelican:

walsfeo:

I should have said Gasoline, not gas!

Ah. And now everything makes sense.

I have Mixed feelings about that drop.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook