Daily Drop: Toy Computer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Toy Computer

Wait a minute, this laptop doesn't work at all. It must pay!

Watch Video

Awwww, that could've been way more destructive.

Only one drop and after that, CROWBAR TIME!

Man, I enjoy seeing stuff get destroyed with that thing.

ALEX! SHOW ME YOUR RAGE AND DESTROY THIS TOY!

Alex: RAAAAAAGH *Smash*

Excellent

Yes! Do the Gordon Freeman!

Good shot at the screen of that fake computer.

This was aired pretty late today for some reason...

OT: I like how after just one drop you guys just "fuck it, crowbar time!". I think I remember seeing those "toy laptops" back when I was a bit younger.

I had a computer just like that when I was a kid. Glad to see it getting what it deserves, all it did was try to teech me how to spel.

It was great to use the crowbar as quickly as possible. But damn, the first fall and the second crowbar hit made me think that this resembled the T-1000 Terminator a bit in a way... I guess it was weird how the second crowbar hit smashed the toy apart, and then it just flung back together and even closed, like nothing ever happened. Spooky stuff,i yell ya!

Normally we have time to actually hear the song before you switch to crowbar mode. Hell, "YES!" wasn't heard until after the scream. But then, I doubt any good would come from actually having a second pre-crowbar drop with this thing anyway.

I think Graham ought to have brought the crowbar swing all the way down.
Sort of disappointng that it didn't get completely destroyed.

God this show is still going on. How about something that hasn't been done a hundred million times before?

ToonLink:
God this show is still going on. How about something that hasn't been done a hundred million times before?

I, honestly, have NEVER seen a Toy Computer smashed with a crowbar in slow motion before.

Was I the only person who got nervous that Graham wasnt wearing some sort of protective gloves?

thenumberthirteen:

ToonLink:

I, honestly, have NEVER seen a Toy Computer smashed with a crowbar in slow motion before.

I have, but only in my dreams.

Seriously, am I the only one who actually liked those things growing up? I had an amazing green Vtech whatever-is-was-called. Admittedly I played the games (ok, game) on it more than I went to the learning bits.

EverydayHeretic:

thenumberthirteen:

ToonLink:

I have, but only in my dreams.

Seriously, am I the only one who actually liked those things growing up? I had an amazing green Vtech whatever-is-was-called. Admittedly I played the games (ok, game) on it more than I went to the learning bits.

I had a green one called "My First Computer". You could play 2 player spelling games on it and it would read out words. This was early 90's so nothing like the fancy ones they have today with their LCD displays and pixels.

I thoroughly approve of this double crowbar. Also I approve of skipping right to the crowbar. That hunk of plastic would have dropped dozens of times.

That needed either another drop or another crowbar, it was way too intact at the end of that. A good swing to the middle of it when it was closed would have probably finished it off.

I see this drop was before you started wearing the gloves for the crowbaring.

Another great video, but one that was let down by the fact that Alex failed to crowbar the thing through the floor. By slowing down in the way that he appeared to do, the force in the impact was lessened and so the damage was reduced. Something that might be nice to see in a Daily Drop season 2.

YES! Destroy that rubbish!

Strange how that thing didn't even appear all that damaged in the end. I would have liked to see it completely in pieces.

Hot damn that thing is built to last.

A sketch about LRR being a CD-ROM game, AssCreedBro cutscenes getting poked fun at, and a toy computer getting split open with a crowbar. ALL IN ONE DAY. I'd say today was a GREAT day. ^_^

Totally should have set it up like an A and gone after the hinge!

Impluse_101:

Excellent

Myrph:
Another great video, but one that was let down by the fact that Alex failed to crowbar the thing through the floor. By slowing down in the way that he appeared to do, the force in the impact was lessened and so the damage was reduced. Something that might be nice to see in a Daily Drop season 2.

Who is Alex? Isn't that Graham?

I remember these things.. oh the ninties!

Da Joz:
I had a computer just like that when I was a kid. Glad to see it getting what it deserves, all it did was try to teech me how to spel.

I see what you did thar!

OT: That was good, but could've been way more destructive.

Those fake laptops are toys, designed to survive their target market (small children), so I'm not surprised the crowbar was needed.

I found it interesting how the thing wibbled and flexed on the drop.

ah yea that second hit was better

but man these plastic toys are resilient...I mean, little kids gotta play with them you know haha

superline51:

Impluse_101:

Excellent

Myrph:

Who is Alex? Isn't that Graham?

Alex, another member of the LRR crew, is the person with the Crowbar, not Graham.

They should put a disclaimer in explaining that every time the crowbar is used.

InevitableFate:

Alex, another member of the LRR crew, is the person with the Crowbar, not Graham.

They should put a disclaimer in explaining that every time the crowbar is used.

Ahh, I see it now. He totally looks like Graham with the giant welding goggles on.

Not bad, but I would have aimed for the connection points near the middle of the toy. It would have split a side all the way down, and ended this.

As for my childhood computer, I call it the Apple IIc.

hit it again! >:(

Man, I always enjoy a good crowbar demonstration - Should of given it another whack though.

Something built for children didn't break when dropped? I'm shocked. No, really. >_>

My first thought upon seeing the title "Daily Drop: Toy Computer" was "wait, so they're dropping one of those One Laptop Per Child Fisher-Price things?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here