Question of the Day, January 29, 2011

Pages PREV 1 2 3

3D gives me migraines, so I stay away from it.

Currently 87 people have too much disposable income.

I'm going with 3DS for now, mainly because it has more that I'm interested in right now.

But I know I'll end up getting the NGP at some point, so both I guess.

I have 23 games for my PSP and 5 for my DS...and I'm currently thinking of selling said DS. Perhaps the funds will go towards the new PSP because I'm not in the least interested in the DS never the less the 3DS...

Despite the 3DS being improved and all that other crap it's still going to rub me the wrong way, forced touch screen gameplay mechanics, 2 screens and now 3D which just bores me to death.

NGP. Even though it looks promising, since the Wii Nintendo has done a pretty good job of disappointing me. Plus, 3D isn't good for you anyways.

Kasurami:
I've already pre-ordered a 3DS. Starfox 64 and Ocarina of Time pry far too much into my nostalgia for me to reject it. I'll also get a NGP, but I'm not sure if I'll get it at launch.

Most things Sony pry far too much into my nostalgia for me to reject it. Plus, it looks damn sexy. Although I play most games on my 360, I prefer the PS3, 'cause everything just looks so much better (Yes, thus far FFXIII looks beautiful, you were right).

I doubt I'll get either on release day though, I hardly play most of my 360, PS3 and PC games, let alone my PSP and DS games. <.<

I'm not so tied to gaming that I have to have games with me 24/7/365 so I'm not terribly interested in a mobile console of any sort. Even if I was, there's plenty of emulators floating around for Android. Hell I have Super Mario Bro: Frustration on there...

I'll probably end up getting both at some point.

I'm not a fan of 3D but the 3DS has got some of the old N64 titles being remade for it :D
As for the NGP i'm not sure yet.

I'll get the 3DS first and I'll have plenty of time to save up for NGP.

Being an Xbox fan, I still want to get a Zune HD for my Zune movies. Between these though, NGP. If I'm going to get a handheld, I want something that can do everything. I have a Droid X, and that pretty much does everything except gaming because it's all touchscreen so emulators are pretty much useless. Plus it will be able to play PS3 games.

Definatly 3DS, much better line up, and although it has lower tech to the NGP's, it's still quite impressive. It also has backwards compatibility, which is great considering I don't own a DS.

On the NGP, very impressive tech, but honestly not that great of a library so far, plus it'll probably be quite expensive.

I terms of innovation, both of these have nothing really. People brag the 3D without glasses is revolutionary (which everyone but games hounralists are eyt to judge), but i know i'll be turning it off. NGP has the before mentioned tech, but despite all those claims of "sony is so inovative OMG" are stopped cold since all the games announced are from established IP's. Wipeout, uncharted, MGS4? Yeah, totally new games there. Same applies for 3DS, but i'm just saynig this because most people claim that the 3DS is "fresh-less"

I'm getting both, probably at launch. I've been looking forward to the 3DS so much its almost a shock to realize I'm suddenly more excited for the NGP. It does what I've been waiting so very long for, and that is finally bring the level of control up to that of consoles.

I can't understate how significant those analog sticks are, and I'm not just talking about how there are 2 of them. I'm talking about them being actual analog sticks, in all their tiltable glory, not crappy sliding pads. Touch screens, motion control, all that crap is a nice sideshow but at the end of the day, there are 2 things that far and away matter more than anything else when it comes to game interfaces; those things are buttons and analog sticks. The NGP is the first handheld that can truly substitute for a modern console controller, and for that I love it. That it can play games on the level of a modern console too is just icing.

depends on the launch window. If the "NGP" comes out like 6-9 months after the 3DS i'll have both. it they come out about the same time or a month apart, my money will go to the NGP

internet without the phone interest me more than seeing in a dimension i already see when im not blind.

The problem with the 3DS is that it's just crap trying to go with that 3D craze going on. (Idiots, can't you see we don't really give a crap about 3D?)

The problem with the new PSP is that I'm worried that it will have the same problem as the PSP; Great console, but all the games are SHIT.

So, yeah, I'll just wait and see what games come out and go from there.

Nintendo wont take me to court if i buy and mod their hand-held, whereas sony might try to take it, all my computers, and software. F%^# sony, F%^# them in their stupid asses.

Demoliboy2:
Definatly 3DS, much better line up, and although it has lower tech to the NGP's, it's still quite impressive. It also has backwards compatibility, which is great considering I don't own a DS.

On the NGP, very impressive tech, but honestly not that great of a library so far, plus it'll probably be quite expensive.

I'll probably be more likely to get he 3ds too but most likely to get neither. The 3ds looks interesting but I think I'll probably wait for the 3ds lite.
The ngp looks like an impressive piece of tech that will probably never meet even half it's potential. The ps3 would've been worth what it cost at launch if they really opened the thing up but they've ended up taking away more features than they've added. So I'm betting that the ngp will end up being just a really overpriced piece of tech only hackers will really appreciate because only they will be able to get it to reach it's potential.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here